Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Re: Lockwood, please don't give out the portals.

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Apparently neither can Forum staff... Since they just locked threads about the other Beta items.

1 Beta-item subject at a time seems to be the limit. XD

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 211 of 345 (317 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Sep 15, 2012
Well....at least they let us Beta testers keep our Fame level, our rewards, our items and weapons, etc...when it rolled out to public. I guess we should say thanks to that...

Still tho. Next time you send out Beta invites to people...might be a good idea to offer something exclusive to the testers ONLY. If we feel theres no exclusive incentive being given...you just might find yourselves short of testers with future projects.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 212 of 345 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Sep 15, 2012
All due respect, Crazy, but nobody is asking the Mercia beta testers to give up anything. Lockwood is just making the portal available to the general public. What does that have to do with asking closed-beta testers to give up their items? Many of the items from the Hub closed beta were given away when the spaces went live. So what? I was in the Hub beta testing and it never crossed my mind to be upset about it. More items for everyone. No complaints from me.
castle3
Message 213 of 345 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Sep 15, 2012
And the Aurora champions apartment is clearly understood to be the reward for completing Aurora. Why would anybody who hadn't completed that laborious task ever expect to be given the apartment? Same goes for golden VICKIE or any other game related prize.
castle3
Message 214 of 345 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Ok. I´ll give my opinion here, I wasn´t in beta so I obviously want to get the portal. I think that it is unfair that some people are able to get the portal and others aren´t because nobody who participated in the beta has more rights to get the portal than any who didn´t. You were chosen to play the beta because you were lucky, but think if you wasn´t that lucky, think how would you feel if some people get an item that you can´t get, If you like your portal because it reminds you when you got Mercia beta, you really shouldn´t care about this thread because it doesn´t matter if other people can get it, when do you got the portal? you got it when you played the beta. About the people who says that they like to be exclusive, I really laugh when I read one of this, feeling good for having something others don´t is lame, but keeping others from getting it is even lamer, If I were a beta teste, personally I would be happy that my friends can get that item too.

We always claim that life is unfair, once that we have an item for all, not just for some people, some people complain because they want that item just for themselves. This is like saying that you like poor people to be poor and that they can´t get money because you like feeling superior than them.

Message 215 of 345 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Sep 15, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
All due respect, Crazy, but nobody is asking the Mercia beta testers to give up anything. Lockwood is just making the portal available to the general public. What does that have to do with asking closed-beta testers to give up their items? Many of the items from the Hub closed beta were given away when the spaces went live. So what? I was in the Hub beta testing and it never crossed my mind to be upset about it. More items for everyone. No complaints from me.

Ya... and everyone gets the Mercia items too. Yet you have your Hub statue(since the portal was removed) for it, the ONLY thing Mercia testers have to themselves is the portal.

You're missing how it is the same as any previous beta's exclusives being given away to everyone. Hub statues for everyone, Home Closed-Beta Tshirts and statues(the beta-only ones) for everyone, etc. It never crossed your mind to be upset about it, because you got to keep something that proved you were an exclusive tester. Your Hub statue is our Mercia portal, without it remaining exclusive, there is nothing to prove that those involved with the Beta actually were, or just some user full of crap.

Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 216 of 345 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Crazy-88 wrote:

Ya... and everyone gets the Mercia items too. Yet you have your Hub statue(since the portal was removed) for it, the ONLY thing Mercia testers have to themselves is the portal.

You're missing how it is the same as any previous beta's exclusives being given away to everyone. Hub statues for everyone, Home Closed-Beta Tshirts and statues(the beta-only ones) for everyone, etc. It never crossed your mind to be upset about it, because you got to keep something that proved you were an exclusive tester. Your Hub statue is our Mercia portal, without it remaining exclusive, there is nothing to prove that those involved with the Beta actually were, or just some user full of crap.

I just replied to your thing, Crazy, because it was the latest post.  Sorry.

Anyway, my take on the actual item itself:

The Hub statue is titled "Home Private Beta 2011 Souvenir" with the description "Thanks for participating in the 2011 Home Private Beta!"  The "No Man's Land Beta Tester Hoodie" has the description "Thank you for participating in the No Man's Land Close Beta Test." (I got that info off of AlphaZone4)

The "Gateway To Mercia: Fractured Realms" item has the description "A broken world is in need of heroes, ready yourself, a battle is coming!".  (Also got that from AlphaZone4)

To be fair, in the wording for the Mercia item, in no way is it said to be a Beta item, while the others are clearly meant for a select group.

Either way...  where was the backlash for the Private Beta Quest trophies?  I got two of them AND the outfits, and I wasn't even in the beta.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 217 of 345 (155 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Crazy-88 wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
It never crossed your mind to be upset about it, because you got to keep something that proved you were an exclusive tester.

Maybe MsLiza had good parents & role models who taught her generosity instead of selfishness.

Maybe, just maybe, she's done something worthwhile with her life and doesn't need a video game to tell her she's special.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 218 of 345 (149 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

goodSuM wrote:

Either way...  where was the backlash for the Private Beta Quest trophies?  I got two of them AND the outfits, and I wasn't even in the beta.

It's been awhile, so I might be wrong, but I actually don't remember all that much anger over the Private 2.0 Beta trophies and outfits going public for that brief period of time. There was a huge issue back during the run of the beta itself where certain users (i.e. Most of the invited testers from Canada) were unable to do the Quests in the beta to unlock those items, so more than a few people were pretty happy that SCEA opened it up for a limited time.

I was one of the Canadians who couldn't do quests, so I was really happy about it. It was something I was supposed to get but didn't. I mean I guess I would have been fine if SCEA didn't give them to me, I would live, but it was nice treat I guess.

Message 219 of 345 (136 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

goodSuM, you raise a good point actually. The Beta Hub quests did, for some odd reason, get given to everyone in Theater 1 for awhile, simply for visiting it after the beta had ended. There was some debate on the matter though, same as this one has.

Although it is a valid point, they still had the gateway-turned-statue Hub Monorail item in the end that only they had, so even with the private-beta quests somehow turning over to public hands, they still had something for themselves. The Mercia beta only has the portal.

Wording on the items though? Seriously? :/ If we went off every description in Home, X7 would be vacant and plenty of services that rely on items would be without users, because not everything has a word for word disclaimer of what it's for. You don't see every item on the X7 "Access Board" listing 'This will get you into X7' in its description... so why use descriptions for the logic? If it doesn't have the user's name in it, they aren't allowed to have it then?

Events, Early/Preorder purchases, Betas, etc... all have Limited-time and/or Exclusive items. If every time you were at an event, the items were available forever, what would be a collectable? Some things have to be rarer than others, otherwise it's all the same value. This isn't about destroying Mercia over some selfish greed, but leaving 1 item to beta testers as the trend has always done so, yet people are insisting that's too much to ask. ONE item? :/ C'mon folks, everybody has their favorite item nobody else can get anymore, why is it now, those that want the same have to fight for it?

EDIT: Just got on Home to check too... The S2 betaportal didn't have "Beta" in the description either. :/ So it's not uncommon to go without the 'beta only' tag in descriptions.

Message 220 of 345 (110 Views)