Oct 03 2012
By: Maxx_the_Slash I Only Post Everything 909 posts

Lockwood, fix your broken-*** Gift Machine already...

[ Edited ]
17 replies 630 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

Myself and several friends of mine are freebie collectors.  We attempt to get every single free item available in every game or every event that get's released.  So I'm sending my friends all 16 of the "Go Pink 4 October" items from the gift machine.

Question:  Why the hell does it take 4 or 5 tries to send the same 3 people the same item in the gift machine?  I find that no matter how many people I send an item to, at least half of them will always never receive the item, so I have to write down the names of the people who failed to receive them and send that same item to those people again, and once again, half of THOSE people will always fail to get the item.  Then I cross off the names of those people who got the item and send the item again for a 3rd time to those who still didn't get it after that last time, and it keeps going like this until I finally get the item out to all of my friends after over a half an hour of trying.

And I have to do this 16 times today!  Lockwood, fix this ****.

I have about 40 people on my Friends List, and half of them use Home.  I wanted to send these 16 items to each of them, but because I'm always running into the problem where only half of the people I select to send items to will actually get them, I'm forced to send it them to only my 3 most active friends and appoligize to the rest because if I send them to all 20 or so Home users on my list, I'll be sitting there for 4 or 5 hours, and I can't be doing that.

FIX IT.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 1 of 18 (630 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Lockwood, fix your broken-*** Gift Machine already...

Oct 3, 2012
You realize you're not the only one sending gifts right? The servers are busy, just wait it out. You guys have an entire month.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 18 (622 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Maybe try when everyone else isn't doing the same thing. All my friends are having this same problem today. There are thousands of people accessing the Lockwood gift system. Server overload.

Message 3 of 18 (617 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:
You realize you're not the only one sending gifts right? The servers are busy, just wait it out. You guys have an entire month.

It's not just now.  It's been happening for a year, even during non-holiday months when nothing is going on.  Sometimes when I send my main account items using my alternate account, that's just one person, and I STILL wont get the item out.

I can understand  the gift machine going slow during busy moments like these, but we still shouldn't be seeing exactly half of the friends we selected to send items to NOT getting those items.  It's always exactly half of the people.  That has absolutely nothing to do with busy servers with it always half.

If I send an item to 16 people, only 8 will get it.  When I send it to the 8 that didn't get it the first time, 4 of those people still wont get it.  Send it to those 4, 2 wont get it.  Send it to the last 2, one of them will always not get it.  Finally, when it's just 1 person left to get it, there's no issue at all.

Tell me that's a server problem, go ahead.  It's not, it's a ****ed up programming issue.  Maybe if the amount of people that fail to receive the item wasn't consistently HALF of the people I selected, then I could buy it being a server problem, but that's not the case.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 4 of 18 (614 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Oct 3, 2012

For weeks now I've found that even when trying to send to one person, the gift machine works only every other time. It will work the 2nd try...the 4th try etc, etc. This has been this way for quite some time. As Maxx stated, I also have problems when sending to multiple friends. Never do I have all the intended recipients receive the item.

Message 5 of 18 (584 Views)
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Oct 3, 2012

for me it will send to most friends, but when it doesnt send, its always to the same people o..0

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 6 of 18 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 3, 2012

hopefullies dis is why i get nuthin from nobody

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"Happy, happy, birthday! Don't let the name fool ya!"

Message 7 of 18 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Well, I'm having problems sending anything to anyone!  It has been freezing up and/or booting me out of the gift machine, while still giving me the eternal "loading" message. (Yes, I have cleared my cache)  This has been happening for over a month.

Message 8 of 18 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Oct 4, 2012

It is a pain in the *bleep* sending people gifts from the Gift Machine. I have to resend EVERYTHING because it fails to go through the first time. Annoying as hell.

Plus, I cannot find any way to send multiple gifts to a single person. And the Gift Machine store is very laggy and slow.

Message 9 of 18 (408 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

It is a pain in the *bleep* sending people gifts from the Gift Machine. I have to resend EVERYTHING because it fails to go through the first time. Annoying as hell.

Plus, I cannot find any way to send multiple gifts to a single person. And the Gift Machine store is very laggy and slow.

I think that would be a great option too. It's not fun having to do items individually. 

Message 10 of 18 (403 Views)