Highlighted
Oct 21 2012
By: Mermaid-KT Fender Bender 2781 posts

Lockwood fireworks PODI request.

[ Edited ]
12 replies 343 views Edited Oct 21, 2012

When the fireworks PODI was first released I didnt buy it, but having seen the new Halloween edition one I couldnt resist it and bought one. I've got a few different selections of the firework boxes and also have the gift one as well now that PODI gives as a present.

I know you can create your own displays which is a nice feature, but I normally just use the automatic selection and let PODI make the display. Would it be possible to add a choice after selecting the automatic feature to check/uncheck which boxes of fireworks we want PODI to choose from. This way we could for example, uncheck the Halloween ones when its 4th July, or uncheck a New Years selection (if you bring one out 'wink wink') on Halloween.

You could have all the boxes listed here, with the ones we dont have darkened out with a 'press triangle to buy' option on them, which may also help your sales as well.

Win win, everyones happy Smiley Happy

edit:  Now that we have PODI, the other individual fireworks aren't needed as much. I would like to get the Midnight Glade space, but reluctant because of all the extra firework items it comes with. Please could you release the Midnight Glade space on its own, or maybe put it on its own in the Gift Machine...  Thankyou Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13 (343 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: Lockwood fireworks PODI request.

Oct 21, 2012
I don't really use PODI anymore, but that's a great idea!

Since you bought the new PODI I have a question..does it take up less then 22 slots?
Message 2 of 13 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Ty.

Unfortunately it still uses the same number of slots, it just had a makeover really for Halloween.

It's shiny black and sometimes looks like it has a green glow to it as well, and comes with a box of Halloween fireworks.
Message 3 of 13 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I didnt buy the original one, but after seeing the Halloween one and with it possibly being removed after Halloween I decided to buy it in case it would soon disapear.

It comes with a box of Halloween fireworks, box of standard PODI fireworks, fuses and also the PODI gift box which he gives you when he is happy.

Here are some pics so you can see what the Halloween edition looks like, some of them with him in action.

And here is one as he looks like in daylight.

Service with a smile  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13 (299 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

Nice pics, I really like the color scheme but I can't bring myself to buy it again since I bought the old one when it first came out, and the 22 slots is why I never use it anymore lol.

I generally don't use anything over 15 slots at this point, but if they lowered the slots for this release I would have bought it for sure.

Still if someone, like you, didn't buy the original release, this one is much nice looking and the better choice Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I have halloween one but i would like to know is it possible to just leave it on so it keeps going without starting it again.  The supernova and others just keep going can the podi be set to do this?

Message 6 of 13 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
269 posts

Oct 21, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I have halloween one but i would like to know is it possible to just leave it on so it keeps going without starting it again.  The supernova and others just keep going can the podi be set to do this?

I bought PODI at release and I am a big fan of the thing. These are all good points in this thread (especially OP) but to answer the question above: I have found no way to make PODI create new shows continuously or even have it loop back and repeat the same show. This would be a nice feature but one I don't believe exists.

When I first got it I placed two PODIs (PODi, PODae?) and started one, then the second and was able to keep a show going ad nauseum... but I had to act like a circus clown to accomplish it... repeat function would be nice... Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 13 (239 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Message 8 of 13 (224 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

Nice suggestions, having a more selections and continuous for the automatic displays would be a great addition to PODI.

The Halloween version does look great, but I couldn't justify the purchase due to owning the original.
Personally I would love Lockwood to update PODI to have changeable skins which unlock with themed firework packs you can purchase.

Message 9 of 13 (215 Views)
Fender Bender
2680 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

When the fireworks PODI was first released I didnt buy it, but having seen the new Halloween edition one I couldnt resist it and bought one. I've got a few different selections of the firework boxes and also have the gift one as well now that PODI gives as a present.

I know you can create your own displays which is a nice feature, but I normally just use the automatic selection and let PODI make the display. Would it be possible to add a choice after selecting the automatic feature to check/uncheck which boxes of fireworks we want PODI to choose from. This way we could for example, uncheck the Halloween ones when its 4th July, or uncheck a New Years selection (if you bring one out 'wink wink') on Halloween.

You could have all the boxes listed here, with the ones we dont have darkened out with a 'press triangle to buy' option on them, which may also help your sales as well.

Win win, everyones happy Smiley Happy

edit:  Now that we have PODI, the other individual fireworks aren't needed as much. I would like to get the Midnight Glade space, but reluctant because of all the extra firework items it comes with. Please could you release the Midnight Glade space on its own, or maybe put it on its own in the Gift Machine...  Thankyou Smiley Happy

I didn't know about the Halloween PODI. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info.

As to the Midnight Glade fireworks, I love them. They and the PODI serve a difference purpose yet work together well at least in some spaces such as the Silicon space.

The Midnight Glade space somes when one purchases the fireworks for those who don't know.

I think it would be nice if we had a Junk folder for things we don't use and those who don't want the fireworks could throw them in the Junk folder.  

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 10 of 13 (189 Views)
0 Likes