Highlighted
Jun 05 2013
By: cajun4life Sackboy 468 posts

Lockwood Venue Personal space tours

[ Edited ]
9 replies 441 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

Lockwood Venue personal space tours are being held by LH's cajun4life and lsutigersfan72. If you would like a tour of the space, please send a friends invite, and be patience please. We will get to you when we can. Also after you visit the space, we will be removing you from our friends list, so we can add more of the community to be able to come visit it after you have visited.

UPDATE: Just to let those of you who I have giving a tour to, the space has gotten some updates;

1. You can now select no music in the space.

2. There is 2 runway tabs, 1st one is the one that you saw, where it takes control of your avatar and does its thing. Now there is a runway tab that allows you to be able to control your avatar down the runway.

I will keep you posted of anything else that comes up, and also, if you haven't seen the space, please, feel free to send me a friends request and I will accept you and send you an invite to be able to see the space asap.

Message 1 of 10 (441 Views)
Wastelander
609 posts

Re: Lockwood Venue Personal space tours

Jun 5, 2013

Just got a tour of this space from a friend, i suggest everyone take a tour from someone before next week, i wont spoil it but i will say this, this is the best personal space ever in homes history.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4569 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

If you haven't already, I recommend adding your name to the Personal Space Tours list.

Message 3 of 10 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Arent there different 'theme packs' to buy etc.?

These are very customizable I think even more than normal apartments.
Support Forums
Message 4 of 10 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I have the space and am actually feeling buyers remorse Smiley Sad

The catwalk is an activity that wont even let you take pics, and for 12 people it is a bit big.

Can't see fashionshows happening here either, 3 judges, 9 contenders and no audience?

Photobucket
Message 5 of 10 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Jun 5, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Arent there different 'theme packs' to buy etc.?

These are very customizable I think even more than normal apartments.

Pretty much every part of this apartment is costumizable. The wall color, the theme of certain areas, the flooring. There are 10 music tracks & 3 stage layouts. You can watch or judge the fashion shows, You can watch or judge a talent contest, and there is a dance floor setting. There are also about 5 or 6 mini animation games around the space as well as a gift machine stand. I believe the bundle will be 8.99 and a stand alone apartment will be 6.99. As well i think there will be some gift machine add ons.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 10 (373 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

WitchBIade wrote:

The catwalk is an activity that wont even let you take pics, and for 12 people it is a bit big.

Can't see fashionshows happening here either, 3 judges, 9 contenders and no audience?

It's a big disappointment for me personally. I got to see the space this afternoo and although it's a very beautiful space it's really not functional for fashion shows.

There is no club coming so that rules out 32 users and the runway itself is not even accessable unless playing the game. I'm not sure why they roped it off. It could have been used as a machinima venue for some of us at least. I would hope they'd remove the rope blocking the runway which does not have the game prompt. 

Message 7 of 10 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

WitchBIade wrote:

It's a big disappointment for me personally. I got to see the space this afternoo and although it's a very beautiful space it's really not functional for fashion shows.

There is no club coming so that rules out 32 users and the runway itself is not even accessable unless playing the game. I'm not sure why they roped it off. It could have been used as a machinima venue for some of us at least. I would hope they'd remove the rope blocking the runway which does not have the game prompt. 

I figured out that the ropes go away if you change the flooring. If you keep it as a runway, there are ways around (or should I say over) the rope.  Smiley Wink

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 8 of 10 (335 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

homeboy79 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

WitchBIade wrote:

I figured out that the ropes go away if you change the flooring. If you keep it as a runway, there are ways around (or should I say over) the rope.  Smiley Wink

Yeah but it shouldn't be that way. One should simply be able to walk out onto the Runway without having to resort to other techniques. It's a georgous space, very large, well lite and so on but sadly it's simply not functional as a real fashion show venue. 

We used the public space as a Fashion Venue for a fashion show for The Rich Girls of Home last year. This although not public could have at least provided a very interesting opportunity if it were a club space.

Message 9 of 10 (331 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

Thanks for the tour, it's definitely huge so far better as a clubhouse than personal space. I was even thinking it would make a cool public space. You can change the wallpaper / floor by section like the Granzella penthouse, which was nice.

I didn't care much for the bar; Serving and drinking are just animations that you can activate whenever  - like the hot chocolate machine from Juggernaut. It'd be better if they were connected, where someone has to serve and the glass stays there until you drink it.  Still better than nothing, though. The runway minigame didn't impress me either, viewing angle isn't great and you don't get to control anything.

It's different but not heads and tails over other spaces - I think $6.99 / $8.99 is about the right price, as long as the expansion packs aren't too expensive and they make a clubhouse version. It'll be interesting to see what different things they'll add to it in the future.

Message 10 of 10 (292 Views)
0 Likes