Jan 17 2014
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Lockwood Error Punishment?

37 replies 675 views Edited Jan 17, 2014

Did whoever's incompetence that caused the pricing errors for Lockwood and Ndreams get demoted, punished or fired?  And what do you think should be done to reprimand whoever is responsible?  While I am always for anything free I have also heard the expression that there is no such thing as a free lunch.  Also if I owned Lockwood I would be extremely ticked off.  BTW I want to say thank you for all the free spaces.  I actually like Drop Science and I didnt think I would.  The Blimp thing I dont understand yet.  The Venue I use to check out all my storage.  I already had Western Place  but now I have it for all my avatars.  Same with Jewel etc.   I was glad to get the clothes and belly dances because when I originally bought that clubhouse I missed the bundle so that made me feel good.  While I feel kind of guilty about getting stuff for free I have been a good customer and might buy Lockwood stuff now even more so they can get more money.

I already bought Lava Man guy for $6 because he looks good in the Inferno place which I didnt like at first but I am warming up to.

Message 1 of 38 (675 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Lockwood Error Punishment?

Jan 17, 2014
Whoever messed up was probably on the Sony team. They have messed up before (many times with many things), including recently when they unleashed the dev tools to all users in December. THAT deserved a firing IMO most definately.
Should someone get fired over the free apartments? Hard to say. My first extinct would be yes they should. But then I remember how hard it is to get things done in Home and I am given the idea that Home needs all the help it could get in terms of manpower behind the scenes. If the person in question has personally screwed up in the past (completely possible), then new, competent staff need hiring. If it was their first mistake as an employee, then possibly the error should be overlooked. My opinion.
Support Forums
Message 2 of 38 (655 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Message 3 of 38 (629 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jan 17, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
Whoever messed up was probably on the Sony team. They have messed up before (many times with many things), including recently when they unleashed the dev tools to all users in December. THAT deserved a firing IMO most definately.
Should someone get fired over the free apartments? Hard to say. My first extinct would be yes they should. But then I remember how hard it is to get things done in Home and I am given the idea that Home needs all the help it could get in terms of manpower behind the scenes. If the person in question has personally screwed up in the past (completely possible), then new, competent staff need hiring. If it was their first mistake as an employee, then possibly the error should be overlooked. My opinion.

I didnt know mistakes happened that much.  I dont even know what dev tools are but why would they release them to anyone?  The only mistakes I ever got was a horse for half price the day they came out and Paris space I got a couple bucks cheaper the day it came out.  I kind of feel sorry for Lockwood because I am sure they were planning on the half price sale to bring in some money so I hope maybe Sony reimburses them or something.

Message 4 of 38 (622 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jan 17, 2014

Delicious_Darla wrote:

It is really a tough call as to how they wish to proceed.

On one hand, it does take time and $ to create.

On the other hand, the exposure to players that may not ever see these types of products, is greatly increased.

Even if the players don't purchase it immediately , they at least have knowledge that it is an "option". Word of mouth is a very powerful advertising tool. Just because someone didn't pay for the space, doesn't mean they won't go there and look around, or maybe one of those spaces will become someone's favorite.

"So how did you get it?" could become a magic sentence.

the answer is "blah blah blah blah Lockwood, blah blah nDreams, blah blah Sony, blah blah blah, want to go see another one I got?"

If anyone says "Sure" then that is a success. Even if it doesn't translate directly to immediate $.

I never thought of it that way so maybe something good can come out of it.  I know I will recommend Drop Science.  I never planned on buying it but I like it.  I wish I could get Wedding Organ for Nightmare Yacht lol

Message 5 of 38 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
394 posts

Jan 17, 2014
I think people should get charged for what they got for free it's only the right thing to do Smiley Sad *i didn't get any of their free apartments.
Hiding under your bed.
Message 6 of 38 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 17, 2014
I think it does translate to $ (at least for Lockwood).

Imagine this: if Sony reimburses Lockwood for every 'lost' sale (aka everyone who downloaded the spaces) due to their pricing error, then Lockwood actually makes a ton more off this sale then if the error never happened. At just 50% off they may have sold a bunch to people but at FREE nearly EVERYONE in Home noticed and spread the word to their friends. It was mislabeled before Tuesday evening maintenance for at least 5 hours before Home went down and wasnt fixed until around 5 PM the next day. Thats a long time. If Sony pays Lockwood for every space they lost a sale on, then the profits stand way higher than they ever would have been even at 50% off.
If we get to keep the spaces (looking like thats possible), we win, if my theory is right, Lockwood wins, and even Sony wins with increased user traffic seeing as how most of the free spaces have rewards you must visit daily for a week to obtain. They may lose out financially, but increased traffic may allow them a larger budget next quarter or whatever.

TL;DR - Sony may be the only victim in this hoopla, but even thats not for sure.
Support Forums
Message 7 of 38 (603 Views)
Uncharted Territory
903 posts

Jan 17, 2014
@PhantomDreams Just becuase others got it for free, you become jealous and suggest we should be charged for it? No, this was Lockwood's mistake, not ours.
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Message 8 of 38 (597 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Message 9 of 38 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 17, 2014
AbysmalDawna - the dev tools I mentioned were the Developers Kit that launched with the last core upgrade of Home. I wasnt around then (on vacation) but from what I gather it allowed you to do things normally only Home developers could do. This was a big flub and I believe Home was down for a few days to fix the error but was okay by the time I returned just before Christmas.

There have been many price errors in Home's history and many have affected Lockwood content. Off the top of my head,
-day 1 release of original Mechjets was priced at $3.99 instead of the $9.99 they were supposed to be. It was price fixed later that day.

-free shoes from X7 in 2012. Men and women lucked out one Wednesday to find a bunch of Lockwood shoes were labeled as FREE but were supposed to be $.99 each. That was rectified later in the day.

-Domo companions were released on day 1 as $.99 each although they were supposed to be $2.99 each. Later changed.

-LKWD gift machine motorcycle LMOS. When they first hit the GM I believe 4 types were introduced. 2 were very cheap (cheaper than the store bought versions by $2) and 2 were normal priced. They are all the same, higher cost currently.

-The horses like you mentioned were an error day 1

The GZ Paris space wasnt a price error though actually, it was a one week half off sale. GZ actually does this in Japan often when they release apartments, but Paris is the only early adopter sale we have got in NA.

There are tons more, but for a time last year in the summer, I got up every morning when Home opened just to find the errors.
'Nevair forget the Domo' was my rallying cry then, and others used to enjoy searching as well for uploading errors caused by the Home Team. A game in itself really.
Support Forums
Message 10 of 38 (580 Views)