Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Re: Lockwood Dream Yacht discussion

Dec 23, 2011

That.... is epic. Perplexing, as I hadn't realized that was a nude beach, but epic. How in the world does one get over there? It would be nice if they added a little jet skii minigame that let us go back and forth easily.

Message 50 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Here are some answers to Yacht questions. This comes to me straight from Lockwood.

• There are 30 pieces of furniture hidden around the Yacht.
  • Only some of the furniture is available each day. You'll need to keep visiting daily to get it all.
  • Of those 30 items, guests can only find 7 of them. If you want them all, you need to own the space.

When you count in the furniture items that come with this, the space is a bargain. Furniture averages .99 cents a piece, so you're getting $30 in furniture and a huge personal space, which by itself would cost at least $4.99. That's roughly a $35 value, not counting other add-ins like the day/night switch, built-in Gift Machine, etc.

Anyone who's on a budget should really take a hard look at this and the Loot Space Station to decide which is best for them. Do you want all the entertainment options that Loot offers, or do you want 30 pieces of nice furniture that you can use in any of your personal spaces? Both spaces deliver a tremendous amount of value for the price.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 51 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 23, 2011

As you wander around the ship, you'll see floating Lockwood Lion symbols. Walk up to them, and the furniture will unlock.

I found 10 of them last night, spread across all three levels of the yacht. Some of them take a bit of exploring to find.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 52 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3358 posts

Dec 23, 2011

HearItWow wrote:

Here are some answers to Yacht questions. This comes to me straight from Lockwood.

• There are 30 pieces of furniture hidden around the Yacht.
  • Only some of the furniture is available each day. You'll need to keep visiting daily to get it all.
  • Of those 30 items, guests can only find 7 of them. If you want them all, you need to own the space.

When you count in the furniture items that come with this, the space is a bargain. Furniture averages .99 cents a piece, so you're getting $30 in furniture and a huge personal space, which by itself would cost at least $4.99. That's roughly a $35 value, not counting other add-ins like the day/night switch, built-in Gift Machine, etc.

Anyone who's on a budget should really take a hard look at this and the Loot Space Station to decide which is best for them. Do you want all the entertainment options that Loot offers, or do you want 30 pieces of nice furniture that you can use in any of your personal spaces? Both spaces deliver a tremendous amount of value for the price.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

how do we get the 30 pieces of furniture? i have not found them :\ only the 3 extra gifts you get for being owner. ive went back today and still no new rewards O_o. hmm maybe their is a set time the space updates....

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 53 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3358 posts

Dec 23, 2011

HearItWow wrote:

As you wander around the ship, you'll see floating Lockwood Lion symbols. Walk up to them, and the furniture will unlock.

I found 10 of them last night, spread across all three levels of the yacht. Some of them take a bit of exploring to find.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

hmm ill have to look again i guess lol. i must be missing them. can you give me some spot locations so i can look? ive covered every in and still no other rewards O_o

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 54 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Thank you for clearing some of that up, HearItWow. Strange that the space description says “more than 20” instead of just “30.”  I’ll keep checking back each day to see if I can find more items. I seem to be one of the lucky few who’s managed to find 13 of them so far, 10 of which were on my primary visit. While it is true that the furniture value is high, (if you consider that each piece is worth $0.99), I feel that some people might have preferred the space to decorate their own way, as opposed to paying ‘extra’ for a furniture bundle.

I do not disagree that the space is a value in its own way, and I do feel they are high-quality and unique items, but I also understand that not everyone feels comfortable spending $10 on a personal space that offers minimal interactivity at the turn of the Home revolution. With so many new and amazing options coming to home, spaces like this give users and developers alike a lot to think about.

Despite my initial oddness with the space, I do find myself enjoying it a bit more as time goes on. I wish I could access the island in the distance; having access to that private beach would feel like having two Home Apartments in one, and would require a minimal update on Lockwood’s part to accomplish. Regardless, I’m sure the value of this space is continuing to be found as we find out more and more of the items, and as the Exclusives store will undoubtedly be updated in the future. Thus, this may very well stand on par with its competitors when considering the future to come.

Message 55 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 23, 2011

here is a list of the rewards i have collected

• Book collection
  • Modern chaise longue (learn to spell lockwood!) sofa
  • Varuegated house plants display

and the ones i got at my friends before buying myself the yacht

• Modern side table
  • Modern two seater sofa
  • Umberalla plant

since this morning i havent had any more appear...  very dissapointing concidering how nice the yacht is

Message 56 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 23, 2011

also have you guys checked out this website i find it very usefull

http://alphazone4.com/store/#cat12583

its an item database of EVERYTHING on home, check it out

Message 57 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Dec 23, 2011

I don't have the google chrome toolbar, so I sadly cannot see anything in the AlphaZone4 catalogue. Are the rest of the Yacht rewards listed in there by any chance?

According to HearItWow, on behalf of Lockwood, the rewards are supposed to unlock Daily, not just hourly. I, myself, am stuck at 13/30 rewards. I bought the yacht at around 6PM yesterday, so I will be checking after that time to see if the rewards schedule has anything to do with what time you purchased the lot at.

In the meantime, people have been suggesting clearing the Home Cache and making sure your console time clock is on the right setting in order to receive the rewards. Mostly, it seems like we're all locked in a waiting game. Keep checking back and hopefully we'll all figure this out.

Message 58 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Good job! Nice to see that alphazone4 is on top of the rewards for all of us as usual, Thanks for posting.

And welcome to the forums MissMeany!

So I'm hoping theres a bar coming soon too, all those cocktails have to be made somewhere! I also love that lamp and can't wait to get one!

Message 59 of 388 (38 Views)
0 Likes