DaMiGiSan and Grand_Viceroy, congrats on your fishtanks!
xMINDBlIlURx, I completely agree about the beach. It seems like it was intended to be there, but perhaps scrapped at the last second because of time constraints? Here's to hoping they'll develop on it later! Also, to answer your question, yes the rewards do cycle through each week. If you miss something one day, you will get it later, no worries!
I bought the Dream Yacht on Dec28,2011. That is almost a month ago. so why is the microphone still missing. I think I got everything else. I paid for it and do expect to have gotten all the stuff by now. So if you don't mind could you tell me how to get one item without having to delete the yacht or Home. I've had to do that before and I'm heartily sick of it!!!
And yes I have been checking eveyday and I'm disappointed at Lockwood. So help the ones like me. I've had it!!
Clankgal - I know it's frustrating, not being able to get the rewards that you deserve when you feel you're dong all the right things to get them. Unfortunately, there's no right answer as to why your microphone isn't showing up. Here are a few things you can try or consider though, and hopefully this will help you out!
1) There's only one day of the week that the microphone will spawn on, which means you really only get four or five chances a month to find it. Sometimes checking too close to the spawn time results in items not spawning right away; I've had instances where one item would spawn by itself early in the day's cycle, and the rest would show up unexpectedly two or three hours later.
2) Please be sure that you are searching the entirety of the ship. Items often spawn in different locations each time for each person, including hard-to-see spots like the lowest deck and the front of the first floor deck where people usually have absolutely no reason to walk to. The symbols also like to hide behind the side walls, and if you have placed any furniture in the space, keep in mind that might cover up or effect spawn points. Food for thought.
3) Clearing the cache is a horrible thing, I agree--but sometimes it's the only method left. Honestly, I wouldn't encourage it unless absolutely necessary. I'm pretty sure your instance isn't a glitch, but rather a very elusive symbol that is a bit off on timing or hidden behind a wall.
4) If absolutely nothing else works, don't hesitate to contact Lockwood with your problem. Their customer service is very understanding, and they were able to help me out with a problem I had with the Baron's Eggcelent Plan item some time ago. I'm unclear as to what they could personally do for you, but they'll definitely check into any glitch or error report you submit and make sure that if something is truly wrong, it will be fixed!
5) Stay calm. One way or another, you'll definitely get your item!