Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Lockwood Concept Theift?

Jun 22, 2012

Grim_Dude wrote:

Your like an incompitent 12 year old, your not going to make a point your just spamming images. Why are you defending a company anyway?

Pssst if youre going to try to use bigger words to try to sound smarter than what you obviously are. At least spell them correctly.

Message 60 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Stick to the subject instead of insulting a dislexic.

Message 61 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Grim_Dude wrote:

Stick to the subject instead of insulting a dislexic.

The subject is you blatantly claimed a 3rd party developer was guilty of theft by reasons of plagerism.

When I look closely at the images I see total differences in the arms and legs as well as the face and chest.

The topic is sladerous and libelous....and the bottom line is this is a stupid post.

HAPPY NOW ?

Message 62 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Very much, you've made your point and I see where your getting at.

Message 63 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Jun 22, 2012

I don't want to get in the middle of anything, so I'll just say my thing and leave...

I'm pretty sure nothing will come of it.  There are many cases of similar products in Home based off of others: the Godzilla/lizard outfit, the Final Fantasy knock-offs, and the Jack Skellington outfit come to mind.  And if those were inspired by real copyrighted materials and there were no legal battles, I'm pretty sure this one won't, either, especially being based off a "common noun" character and not a "proper noun" one.

Again, I'm not trying to cause anything with anyone, just stating what I feel about it with what I've seen before on Home.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 64 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jun 22, 2012

I do find the form between these two to be near identical, and Zeo-X's mech was very easy to find with a simple Google search of "samurai mech" under images, which the LW designer may have done if he was looking for inspiration.

Still, even if this is how LW's designer for the Home mech came up with the concept, I feel the changes that were made are significant enough for the LW design to be considered it's own creation.  When I consider the detailing between these two, I'm hard-pressed in finding any similarity.  While some of the patterns used in both are similar, I can't find anything identical, and without that I can't say that this is a case of theft.

I do find it easy to believe that the LW's designer found inspiration in Zeo-X's design, but proof of inspiration is not theft.  In fact, inspiration is the very foundation of anything created.  When an artist creates, for example making a sculpture from clay, they do so with an image in mind from something they had previously seen.  It is then that artist's personal interpretation of their mind's form that we see, and then our mind will create yet another inspired form.  This is how two people can be looking at the same piece of art and get two completely different interpretations of it.

So, yeah.  While I don't feel LW's designer stole this concept, I do feel it's very likely that the LW concept was inspired by Zeo-X's design, and I don't see anything wrong with that.  Still, if this is the case, the LW designer was a bit lazy in how they kept the form itself with very little change.

On a side note; Zeo-X's designs are masterfully done.  Someone really should hire this guy.

Theft?  No, but possible laziness.

Message 65 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jun 22, 2012

goodSuM wrote:

I don't want to get in the middle of anything, so I'll just say my thing and leave...

I'm pretty sure nothing will come of it.  There are many cases of similar products in Home based off of others: the Godzilla/lizard outfit, the Final Fantasy knock-offs, and the Jack Skellington outfit come to mind.  And if those were inspired by real copyrighted materials and there were no legal battles, I'm pretty sure this one won't, either, especially being based off a "common noun" character and not a "proper noun" one.

Again, I'm not trying to cause anything with anyone, just stating what I feel about it with what I've seen before on Home.

Understanding other people isn't hard; it's impossible.

Exactly...and its dangerous to go running around all nilly willy yelling THIEF. Had the OP merely pointed out the close similarities of the images and the Home items then that would have been a different tune. But you cant just accuse people.

But in any event either way it goes, Lockwood will either reply or not, and by the same token Zeo will either pursue it or not.

My guess is the latter.

Message 66 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Well when you put it that way...I pretty much have egg on my face. How do I take this thread down? Or should I leave it so people can see your explaination?

Message 67 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

I give up, I changed the title and description of the post to where I aint acusing anyone just pointing out this and that. I dont feel like dealing with ya all night. I apologies for the threads original remarks and statement, I should of phrased it better as a subject of interest.

My heart cant handle this kind of stress.

Message 68 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Do you just hate big companies/developers or is it just lockwood?

Message 69 of 88 (13 Views)
0 Likes