Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: Lockwood Concept Theift?

Jun 22, 2012

Im giving you 1 last warning sir, unless your the president of lockwood dont go calling shots on what should or shouldnt happen, If your so confident just stop talking and let lockwood standup for themselves.

You do not understand the point of this, Sure there are many samurai robots out in the world but when 2 from 2 different sources look exactly the same, thats a problem. So either understand this or keep being thick headed, your opinion wont hold anymore water than mine so just drop it your not changing the world.

Now stop trying to be judge, jury, and exicutioner if you will kindly do so.

Message 20 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jun 22, 2012

from a trademark/copywrite standpoint: even if LW used this guys concept, they changed the head. that alone gets them out of any sort of copywrite infringement.

sadly this does make me lose some respect for LW, since their creative talent is so lacking that they have to steal concepts from diviantart.

my opinion: i'd say it's pretty clear that this was LW jacking this guy's concept. anyone who sees otherwise is just being thick.

i would suggest that more research be done into other LW projects to see if they've done so in the past. if so, i for one will be sure to spend my money on products that aren't stolen from others.

Message 21 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Grim_Dude wrote:

Im giving you 1 last warning sir, unless your the president of lockwood dont go calling shots on what should or shouldnt happen, If your so confident just stop talking and let lockwood standup for themselves.

You do not understand the point of this, Sure there are many samurai robots out in the world but when 2 from 2 different sources look exactly the same, thats a problem. So either understand this or keep being thick headed, your opinion wont hold anymore water than mine so just drop it your not changing the world.

Now stop trying to be judge, jury, and exicutioner if you will kindly do so.

Ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...you are too funny. You can give me 150 more warnings but if youre going to comment on a topic you started off by accusing someone of theft and plagerism you better make sure you packed a lunch because 2 samurai mech warriors that happen too look slightly similar does not constitute theft or plagerism.

Your accusations in this thread alone could wind you up in more trouble than you obviously are capable of even understanding.

Hell I used to draw them in class while my teacher BLAH BLAH BLAH'd, so if thats the case then Lockwood and zeo both stole my ideas as well

Message 22 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

I approve of your statement, I forgot about how small changes can avoid copyrights. But still its no excuse to base what they made on what someone else worked on. Could have made alittle more effort on the changes.

Message 23 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

If you see a problem with this make your own forum post, thats what this place is for. Cuz goodness know you dont have anything else to do, get some better proof than transformers, give a good solid argument, wait for lockwood to deal with this themselves and have a nice day.

Best of luck to you, sir.

Message 24 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jun 22, 2012

these look a bit more then slightly alike. they're damn near identical.

look at the way the arms are done, also the double sword sheath. this are very uncommon designs. the possibility that two completely unrelated people came up with identical uncommon ideas, is very VERY slim.

to change MY mind i'd have to see other designs of the same type using the same characteristics to show that they are a common design for a robot samurai. other wise i'm more likely to believe this was just a grab n go by lockwood.

this wouldn't be the first time a home dev has been discovered to rip-off artists, but i'll be hard pressed to remember the other instance. i do remember there was quite the crapstorm on these forums about it though.

Message 25 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Wow!

JUST wow!!

First off, I'm thrown a bit on how closely they resemble.

Secondly, Illumin-x pretty much nailed what I wish to say down, except I want to say it with pride and meaning....

This thread is stupid!

You have evidence that this was stolen?

Did the artist himself state that his concept was "stolen"?

If not, then who the heck cares? The suits have been bought and money has been made. You're merely just trying to defame Lockwood for concepts that's been around for long time and not once did you provide provocative evidence to further claim that what they did was "theiift" an artist.

You've even denied your very own statement as to how you're NOT stating they stole anything when you have tags right there in the original post.

So if anything, Illumin-x pretty much laid it out there for you to jump on and grasp common sense: until proven guilty, find something else noteworthy to post than this garbage.

Message 26 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Two things... The face and chest are different.

Also isnt Deviant Art a website that falls under Creative Commons

What is Creative Commons?

Creative Commons is a nonprofit organization that enables the sharing and use of creativity and knowledge through free legal tools.

Our free, easy-to-use copyright licenses provide a simple, standardized way to give the public permission to share and use your creative work — on conditions of your choice. CC licenses let you easily change your copyright terms from the default of “all rights reserved” to “some rights reserved.”

Creative Commons licenses are not an alternative to copyright. They work alongside copyright and enable you to modify your copyright terms to best suit your needs.

There's everything you need to know right there

Message 27 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Grim_Dude wrote:

If you see a problem with this make your own forum post, thats what this place is for. Cuz goodness know you dont have anything else to do, get some better proof than transformers, give a good solid argument, wait for lockwood to deal with this themselves and have a nice day.

Best of luck to you, sir.

You dont create another post when there is already an existing post bro. And for whatever reason you dont seem to grasp I'm not using the word Transformers...Ive clearly called them Samurai Mech Warriors in several posts, but in any event you can stick feathers in your ear but that doesnt make you a peacock. It is what it is.

Message 28 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

I do apologies, Im aware I contradicted myself and made the opening post abit hostile twords lockwood. Im really sorry, but glad you wasnt as blunt as that 1 fella.

Very sorry about that.

Message 29 of 88 (19 Views)
0 Likes