Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: Lockwood Concept Theift?

Jun 22, 2012

Zeo-x posted this on Lockwood's Twitter as evidence.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6592/plagiarism2copy.png

Message 10 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jun 22, 2012

A truck is not a car for one so your analogy is moot.

And secondly Zero, Zeo or whatever his name is didnt create the overall concept of samurai mechanical warriors now did he ?

And exactly what qualifies the images as evidence ?

All I see is 2 different art works and one has been highlighted to show similarities that in some case upon closer inspection dont even exist.

(Face and chest for one)

Secondly the warriror is dressed in traditional samurai garb...which I suppose Ziggy or Zeo or whatever his name is also invented.

I better shut up before I get sued for breathing the air that he probably created too

Message 11 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Jun 22, 2012

And just HOW do you know that:

1. Lockwood "stole" this concept?
  2. Lockwood didn't involve this artist in the Mechbot concept?

Go find something else and somewhere else to peddle your conspiracy theories, instead of badmouthing Lockwood here on the Forums.

If you think the artist was plagerized, contact them and let THEM call a lawyer.

Don't be coming here and trying to play whistleblower.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 12 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jun 22, 2012

If, I was a Judge and you brought that into my courtroom as evidence.

I would throw the case out.

But, I'm not a judge....

Good luck on your endeavor.

Message 13 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

I have contacted the artist and he said he wasnt involved at all with the concept, and the simularities are just too close.

Im not badmouthing lockwood thats why I stated the title as a question. I want lockwood to explain this and stand up for themselves.

Please dont see this as a rant, the other guy that posted kept thinking I said the artist created robots in general. If you see this as a wrong in my part please do so and not blame lockwood or the artist for this post.

Message 14 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Just so everyone knows I only posted the picture because it was asked for.

My opinion on this matter is that I don't think it was plagiarized, the artist only highlights one thing from Lockwood's final product. I don't think they look the same at all when comparing final products.

Message 15 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Oh my goodness thank you for being professional unlike the other guy, and the armor can be common but it could of been aproached differently, and I agree lockwood should make a few changes.

Again thank you for understanding, Im an armor fan myself.

Message 16 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Lunar_Umbra wrote:

Zeo-x posted this on Lockwood's Twitter as evidence.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6592/plagiarism2copy.png

Hmm - good idea to highlight similiarities, but he highlighted some trivial things like the shin guards and helmet crest that are common on ALL samurai armor post 1000 AD, not to mention standard robotic joints in the arms?? The artist would make a more convincing case if he only focused on highlighting elements that are not common to samurai garb but still show up in both concepts, notably the plain straight twin sword scabbards, the conical central chest piece, and the extra long rectangular shoulder guards which I have to admit are awfully similiar looking.

Maybe Lockwood should take the opporutnity to pull the suit and redesign it. I'm a big samurai armor fan but I always hated the little head on that costume. Give it a proper samurai helmet please!

Message 17 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Grim_Dude wrote:

I have contacted the artist and he said he wasnt involved at all with the concept, and the simularities are just too close.

Im not badmouthing lockwood thats why I stated the title as a question. I want lockwood to explain this and stand up for themselves.

Please dont see this as a rant, the other guy that posted kept thinking I said the artist created robots in general. If you see this as a wrong in my part please do so and not blame lockwood or the artist for this post.

Nope..at no point did I say anything about the artist creating robots nor even suggest anything remotely similar.

I said in fact, that in the public domain samurai mech warriors have been around for much longer than 2010 (which is when YOU stated zeo created his).

The concept has been around for quite some time and for every 2 lookalike concepts, I guarantee there are probably hundreds if not thousands more locked away in dresser and desk drawyers, all made by different people.

Its also a safe bet many of them are in a specific age and gender demographic with legions of them being anime fans. I'll also bet you that a large portion are transformer fans, who doodled or daydreamed up simple sketches and designs.

Albeit as similar as they may be there are also differences I plainly see when I compare the images side by side, and plagerism is as serious as slander in legal institutions.

So before you go on talking about who said what...try recallin what you said first.

Ever wonder where Lockwood got their idea for the Iron fusion Samurai, No? Well neither did I, untill I saw this.

First of all you pretty much accused Lockwood of plagerism.

Thats his concept and he has copyright to that concept.

Then you further your claim by basically accusing Lockwood of Intellecutual Property Theft (by the way you spelled it wrong in the title).

i merely pointed out the fact that your so called evidence was flimsy at best, and neither Lockwood nor Zeo owns the copyright to the concept of samurai mech warriors.

Now was that "professional" enough for you ?

Message 18 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Grim_Dude wrote:

Look Im simply saying its dead simular, and just because its a robot dont mean its a transformer. and if zeo can be sue'd so can lockwood.

So please kindly stop bringing all anime in general for this 1 simple concept. You making it sound like a truck can be sue'd for being a car

To me, those two pics don't look any more similar than any other two mech samurai warriors.

Message 19 of 88 (23 Views)
0 Likes