Fender Bender
3090 posts

Re: Locking complaint threads isn't going to solve Sony's problems

Jul 9, 2009

ApacheVoyeur wrote:

Come on East... if you haven't seen the blatant abuse of moderator powers here then you are just trying to make/keep friends with the mods. 

The charitable idea thread (Crunkris' thread) in my sig below was actually locked by Cobra until we complained. The excuse used to lock it was completely weak and inaccurate. I mean if they would come up with a lame excuse to delete that great thread... anything is game.

What really needs to happen is for all of us to move to a non-Sony site... I've seen a few of them but non with a large enough user-base (unless I missed it).

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.  ~Voltaire 

I think we don't need to go to other sites. Just don't be too strict or too much bottom mashing that Lock Thread Botton. And also, they should always put a reason/reply to that thread before locking it. 

Photobucket
Message 21 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Jul 9, 2009

ApacheVoyeur wrote:

Come on East... if you haven't seen the blatant abuse of moderator powers here then you are just trying to make/keep friends with the mods. 

The charitable idea thread (Crunkris' thread) in my sig below was actually locked by Cobra until we complained. The excuse used to lock it was completely weak and inaccurate. I mean if they would come up with a lame excuse to delete that great thread... anything is game.

What really needs to happen is for all of us to move to a non-Sony site... I've seen a few of them but non with a large enough user-base (unless I missed it).

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.  ~Voltaire 

Heck I have seen a lot worse abuse, atleast over here you don't have users telling moderators what to do, and then them doing it, I have seen more than my fair share of abuse, over here things work very professional, Sony isn't censoring anything as Sony doesn't run this place, and people are forgetting why there is all these rules, like I said before, I think it is about time for people to leave this one board and venture out, this forum has been here before Home or PSN, nothing has changed upon the Home board getting here, people just seem to think that everything revolves around here, and until they venture out, they will just never know

Message 22 of 34 (0 Views)
Fender Bender
3090 posts

Jul 9, 2009
Should I stop replying in this thread, because its getting controversial? I know I saw already a lot of threads getting locked because its getting too controversial.
Photobucket
Message 23 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Jul 9, 2009

areskins wrote: 
I think we don't need to go to other sites. Just don't be too strict or too much bottom mashing that Lock Thread Botton. And also, they should always put a reason/reply to that thread before locking it. 

I would rather not go to another site... don't get me wrong because I like this site and many of the mods and managers do a great job. However there is a small group here that is ruining the forum with their lock/ban-happy crap.    

��
Message 24 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Jul 9, 2009

areskins wrote:
Should I stop replying in this thread, because its getting controversial? I know I saw already a lot of threads getting locked because its getting too controversial.
lol, go ahead Lithium... make another martyr out of this thread. The folks that have read it will remember how yet more voices were snuffed on this glorious day. REMEBER JULY 9th 2009!!! LOL, halfway kidding. Smiley Wink 

��
Message 25 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1373 posts

Jul 9, 2009

eastavenge wrote:
Sony isn't censoring anything as Sony doesn't run this place

Suuurely you don't really believe that east? You better fully believe that Sony is 100% in charge of this place. Lithium runs this place the way SONY tells them to run it. They're nothing more than hired guns who are waay too trigger happy...

Message 26 of 34 (0 Views)
Sackboy
461 posts

Jul 9, 2009

eastavenge wrote:

ApacheVoyeur wrote:

Heck I have seen a lot worse abuse, atleast over here you don't have users telling moderators what to do, and then them doing it, I have seen more than my fair share of abuse, over here things work very professional, Sony isn't censoring anything as Sony doesn't run this place, and people are forgetting why there is all these rules, like I said before, I think it is about time for people to leave this one board and venture out, this forum has been here before Home or PSN, nothing has changed upon the Home board getting here, people just seem to think that everything revolves around here, and until they venture out, they will just never know

Fair enough point, and I don't know if the other areas of the forum are treated compared to Home General. Home is what inspired me to find this forum. I guess that in itself is funny... a social networking medium that needed an external forum to discuss it. Home should be able to support its own q&a, complaints and ideas. Someone add that to the suggesting list. 
Venturing out seems like the logical next step for many of us. It will just be a shame for Sony (and us) to not have that honest and direct flow of information from this forum. I guess the occassional PM to L_S et al saying "forum x says Home needs ___ and everyone is having trouble with ___..." would do the trick... if forum x has the user base.

��
Message 27 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1916 posts

Jul 9, 2009
I think the majority of the locked threads may just be because of flaming not so much the complaints. But that's my opinion.... //shrug//
Message 28 of 34 (0 Views)
Sackboy
566 posts

Jul 9, 2009
Dudesy, couldn't agree with u more. Rob, the dev for the EA Sports Complex, said it best, "Your complaints are appreciated more than your compliments." Is it a coincidence that 1: That space is by far the most popular in Home. 2: That most of the people are satisfied with the progress of the space. Nothing gets accomplished if all ppl do is give a thousand kudos to one of the Home managers whenever they type a sentence. Look at the progress of that Space compared to the rest of Home. Look at how Rob communicates compared to the managers. Look at how many times ppl have complained about the structure of the Bowling Alley and yet that space is the exact same as it was in December upon initial release, the only thing that's changed are the Ads. If the managers had been in charge of the Sports Complex we wouldn't even have Leaderboards right now. This isn't complaining, these are just the facts.
Message 29 of 34 (0 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1433 posts

Jul 9, 2009
The problem with the threads are the brown nosers and the Mod pets. If u are not in the same way like this 2 kind of users, ur thread got locked or u got banned. That's just plain stupid and irracional. Where is the freedom of speech??? are they forgot the fact that we pay for the things they upload in home??? and the complaint threads are about to change, develop, upgrade, and make better certain things and products in home. And yes Sony run this, or this is the forum of SEga or something like that?? did i miss something???.

Photobucket

Message 30 of 34 (0 Views)