Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Re: Loading, loading & more loading....

Jan 14, 2010
Yeh, Threads 2 seems to screw up the most for me too, must be the animated stuff right? Also noticed today that once I went to the animated clothes sections and let that load in a bit the previews kicked in...maybe it'll help someone else.
Message 11 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Jan 14, 2010
I have the same probs with the loading.. I set my cache at the max setting too but everything still takes forever. Takes forever to first load Home, but the worst is waiting for the items you just bought to download from the stores *groan*.... I dunno why I have to sit and wait for 5 min or more each time even if I only buy one little item.
Message 12 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Jan 14, 2010

I agree w/ you, many times the load times are incredulous. Many times you sit on a preview for it to NEVER preview. How long is one supposed to waste their time waiting for such preview ? Nothing like sitting and sitting there and sitting there only for the product to NEVER preview. This doesnt really matter to me anymore cause i'm on a BOYCOTT

on buying anything untilthey fix My Broken HOME.

Here a link to a speed test.

Connection Strength Test

Photobucket
Message 13 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Jan 14, 2010
My home load in time is 8 mins. 4 of which are black screen. As for the mall issue. I hav had the preview problem 2. Wat i usually do is wen i go to mall i dnt wait 4 ppl to load, i just run into the store i want & let tht load first. The preview usually works wen i do that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

Jan 14, 2010

Reverend_M wrote:
Those load times are either hugely exaggerated, or you're having some serious load problems because I don't have those problems at all. Also, I doubt others are having to wait 5-20 minutes just to see the preview for their clothes, or half those times. Gamers tend to grow impatient at the 10 second mark and I doubt anyone would wait that long to load before giving up (unless they were doing a load test to see the time)

I can confirm the experience this person is having...  Over the past 6 months the load time for home has increased to approximately triple the original load time.

It does seem that the majority of the increase is in the "Loading Purchased Items" part of the process. This begs the question, "If I have lots of items in my inventory/wardrobe/personal spaces/furniture, will it take more time to load. Extrapolate that and it makes me wonder if I should start deleting stuff I never wear or use. Will reducing the size of my wardrobe decrease my load time. If the answer is YES, then I will be doing my spring cleaning early.

Message 15 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Jan 14, 2010

Reverend_M wrote:
Those load times are either hugely exaggerated, or you're having some serious load problems because I don't have those problems at all. Also, I doubt others are having to wait 5-20 minutes just to see the preview for their clothes, or half those times. Gamers tend to grow impatient at the 10 second mark and I doubt anyone would wait that long to load before giving up (unless they were doing a load test to see the time)

I think those of us with very little in the way of purchased items experience faster load times.  Sick irony.  Those who support Home the most seem to suffer in the end.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how it works right now.  I haven't bought any Sodium items for fear of bogging down my loading times.
Message 16 of 22 (1 View)
Wastelander
896 posts

Jan 14, 2010

Scourge003 wrote:

Reverend_M wrote:

I think those of us with very little in the way of purchased items experience faster load times.  Sick irony.  Those who support Home the most seem to suffer in the end.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how it works right now.  I haven't bought any Sodium items for fear of bogging down my loading times.

I agree, I haven't bought anything in months. Hah, I wonder when they'll do a core update for better performance, not some crap items at the mall or glitched spaces. I won't hold my breath
"Has it been that long? Yes."
Message 17 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Jan 14, 2010

XxTheDarkness-xX wrote:

Scourge003 wrote:

Reverend_M wrote:

I agree, I haven't bought anything in months. Hah, I wonder when they'll do a core update for better performance, not some crap items at the mall or glitched spaces. I won't hold my breath

Me Either !! Hi-5 

Photobucket
Message 18 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2640 posts

Jan 14, 2010

coboltcurse wrote:

Loading around 3-5 mins to log into home. Loading 5-10mins to load everyones skin in a space. Loading 5mins to put on differnt attire. Loading 5-20mins to show how prepurchased clothing would look on you in the store. All the loading times are driving me crazy. I would like to think with all the money people spend on home, some would go in to improving their servers/load times, but obviously it isn't.

If this was an MMO, it would have been out of business along time ago.

*If they did that we could get public voice chat working again and this time without preventing half the users from being able to login.

Message 19 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Jan 14, 2010

PaperCarrier wrote:

*If they did that we could get public voice chat working again and this time without preventing half the users from being able to login.

Please knot another core update

Photobucket
Message 20 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes