Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014
strider367 wrote:

Steve your using a SSD non hybrid? You know the motherboard isn't set up for it. Everybody I know who tried using a SSD non hybrid on the ps3 failed just a FYI. Yes I have a very large inventory when I use my fat it does take longer. But nowhere near 15-20 minutes. I have lesser accounts with small inventories that load in very fast. What kind of modem are you using because most isp's change their wiring. You may need a 2.0 modem now...

I'm using a 250gb OCZ Agility 3 which is awesome in the PS3 and has been for 4 years now, have no modem issues and actually was given a new one a few weeks ago. This was the best rated for console at the time and still makes everything lightning fast, when I travel in Home with friends I wait until they leave and I still end up waiting on them to load in. Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2014

OK you do understand the ps3 motherboard was designed before there were ssd's in large use. They never really deviated from that design with the later models. Early ssd's had a lot of problems and they're not compatable with most motherboards. You have one that apparently is an exception. But then again yours has passed its typical lifespan for a ssd. So it may be in part the cause of your problem? Don't hold me to that because this is still a huge gray area. 

What kind of modem did you get is it a 2.0?

Still I don't have the validation problems most people are having. Yes its too long but then again the ps3 firmware and core for home has much to be desired. My way saying its bugged or crap code. I've been staying away from home for the last year. Just tired of their nonsense of not addressing issues within a reasonable time frame. I only came back to get these 4-5 year old spaces using the challenges. 3.54 home load in time. Store l gave up on that.

Added note; The only way you know, you have a ssd compatable motherboard. Is when it has a PCI express slot built in. 

stevev363 wrote:
strider367 wrote:

Steve your using a SSD non hybrid? You know the motherboard isn't set up for it. Everybody I know who tried using a SSD non hybrid on the ps3 failed just a FYI. Yes I have a very large inventory when I use my fat it does take longer. But nowhere near 15-20 minutes. I have lesser accounts with small inventories that load in very fast. What kind of modem are you using because most isp's change their wiring. You may need a 2.0 modem now...

I'm using a 250gb OCZ Agility 3 which is awesome in the PS3 and has been for 4 years now, have no modem issues and actually was given a new one a few weeks ago. This was the best rated for console at the time and still makes everything lightning fast, when I travel in Home with friends I wait until they leave and I still end up waiting on them to load in. Smiley Wink

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 42 of 45 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Validation at start-up is one thing, fine go do something for 10 mins before you start playing.

But 10 minutes to validate again when you purchase one or two items...??? I've just put off puchasing till there are multiple items I want or I don't purchase at all now.... Sony's loss....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 43 of 45 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Apr 14, 2014

So I haven't really bought much since I started hearing about it taking so much longer but I finally picked up a card yesterday and did some shopping.  Man, you people were not fooling around.  For my first try I bought some acorns and some new dance moves.  Since I was expecting a wait I decided to watch some walking dead on Netflix.  I forgot that I was still in the store when the episode ended and that is when I heard the familiar "Ding".  It was like 40 minutes I was validating.  Oddly enough I did not get discouraged and bought a new apartment later in the evening.  That one went much faster at only about 15 minutes which is weird because I assumed it was a bigger purchase it might take longer.  

On a side note it did seem to take less time to load into Home but it seems to vary for me day to day.....

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 44 of 45 (132 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Apr 15, 2014
Yes this loading gt worse n worse n worse , sumtimes i get error too
meow meow
Message 45 of 45 (109 Views)
0 Likes