Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
5822 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014

There seems to be a threshold point of no return when it comes to our item inventory. I'm sure everyone remembers how fast transactions were when their account was new.

 

I have no idea what that item threshold is but when we reach it. The validation process becomes dramatically slower.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 31 of 45 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/21/2012
Offline
1473 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014

My question is this:

Why when loading onto Home, does the system have to verify ALL my purchases, every single time?

There should be a process where by they system only has to verify ALL my purchases ONCE, and then going forward only verify any NEW purchases from the previous log on. This would greatly reduce the "vallidating purchases" wait for everyone, especially those that have an enormous amount of purchased content.



If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 32 of 45 (171 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
5822 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014

PYAWAKITT wrote:

My question is this:

Why when loading onto Home, does the system have to verify ALL my purchases, every single time?

There should be a process where by they system only has to verify ALL my purchases ONCE, and then going forward only verify any NEW purchases from the previous log on. This would greatly reduce the "vallidating purchases" wait for everyone, especially those that have an enormous amount of purchased content.


It's probably due to the old software that home still uses and Sony's not willing to update the process.  Maybe because of the cost to do it. 

 

Who really knows why and Sony sure isn't going to say.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 33 of 45 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/20/2010
Offline
4422 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014
Inventory takes forever to load for me, getting an LMO takes so long I try to plan what I'll use and arrange to the front before being out and about.
We really need separation of the dance and AVI emotes from other items like companions and such.
Message 34 of 45 (165 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
5822 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2014

 


stevev363 wrote:
Inventory takes forever to load for me, getting an LMO takes so long I try to plan what I'll use and arrange to the front before being out and about.
We really need separation of the dance and AVI emotes from other items like companions and such.

I've found that having the minimal amount of things in my working inventory seems to speed things up slightly. I'd rather go to storage and equip something from there but I don't bring those items back into my working inventory.

 

I guess you can say I'm a minimalist in that regard.

 

I also notice having a lot or maxed out saved outfits increases loading as well. Even though I have PS+ and have access to 48 save slots I never use more than twelve.

 

Things seem to slow down after using that many saved slots at least that's what it seems for me.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 35 of 45 (159 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
208 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014

And on top of all that crap Sony was hacked today and they won't admit it and they won't fix it so I've been spinning my gears for several hours trying to get in because nobody wiill say they were hacked and are trying to fix it. SONY is just a big bunch of dishonest greedy piecees of crap.

Message 36 of 45 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
5822 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014

No company is willing going to divulge that they've been hacked. It seems only if things blow up in the media and things start to become exposed that the Spin Doctors are sent out for damage control.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 37 of 45 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

No company is willing going to divulge that they've been hacked. It seems only if things blow up in the media and things start to become exposed that the Spin Doctors are sent out for damage control.Woman Happy


Is that before or after they lock the whole thing down? I don't want to go through that again.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network_outage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 45 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/27/2009
Offline
2961 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014

Steve your using a SSD non hybrid? You know the motherboard isn't set up for it. Everybody I know who tried using a SSD non hybrid on the ps3 failed just a FYI. Yes I have a very large inventory when I use my fat it does take longer. But nowhere near 15-20 minutes. I have lesser accounts with small inventories that load in very fast. What kind of modem are you using because most isp's change their wiring. You may need a 2.0 modem now...

 


stevev363 wrote:

strider367 wrote:

I just loaded up normally but I do use a sshd hybrid. Maybe they made some adjustments?


I use an SSD and validation on purchases still takes me 20-30 minutes. I only get the loading boost and faster travel, validation is not effected at all. Smiley Indifferent


 



AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................





Message 39 of 45 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/20/2010
Offline
4422 posts
 

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 12, 2014
strider367 wrote:

Steve your using a SSD non hybrid? You know the motherboard isn't set up for it. Everybody I know who tried using a SSD non hybrid on the ps3 failed just a FYI. Yes I have a very large inventory when I use my fat it does take longer. But nowhere near 15-20 minutes. I have lesser accounts with small inventories that load in very fast. What kind of modem are you using because most isp's change their wiring. You may need a 2.0 modem now...

I'm using a 250gb OCZ Agility 3 which is awesome in the PS3 and has been for 4 years now, have no modem issues and actually was given a new one a few weeks ago. This was the best rated for console at the time and still makes everything lightning fast, when I travel in Home with friends I wait until they leave and I still end up waiting on them to load in. 

 

Message 40 of 45 (113 Views)
0 Likes