Fender Bender
1473 posts

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 11, 2014

Well D, I will have to try that out today, because last night was really frustrating for me.

It took me 30 minutes to log onto home after I tried to clear my cache. I got an error code and then reloaded.

Once I got back on, I got booted off again and tried for over an hour and a half to get back on, being told that it couldn't validate me or some such nonsence.

Making a purchase? Now I just turn back to my TV and watch a complete 1/2 hour show, before it validates the purchase.

Do we need a complete overhaul of the whole "validating purchases" thingy?

Naw, not when I can enjoy being frustrated and angry and stressed to the hilt why ruin a good thing? Smiley Wink

I'll let you know if I find loading times have improved when I get on home tonight.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 21 of 45 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Apr 11, 2014
PYAWAKITT said:
"Making a purchase? Now I just turn back to my TV and watch a complete 1/2 hour show, before it validates the purchase."

I do that too :/ If anything, PS Home keeps Hulu in business

Message 22 of 45 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I know exactly what you mean, and I may have spoke too soon, although I haven't purchased anything since I posted this thread.  Also there is ceratinly a good chance what happened to me yesterday was largely a fluke and not the norm. 

What I have been doing is using a stop watch and timing how long it takes me to load Home and how long it takes to do any purchase using PI, News Reader, and from the normal store menus.  And I suggest others do the same, and keep doing it for at least a month and see how those times compare.

Obviously it doesnt help much to compare them to other people's times as the amount of items someone has purchased has a direct effect on how long loading and validating takes.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 23 of 45 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2704 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Validation loading too long. Smiley Mad

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 24 of 45 (224 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6254 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Since the prolong validation process seems like it's a hard fact for Home Life and is going to be around for a while.

It's allowed me get get a lot of things done around my place while waiting for the procedure to complete.Woman Happy

Yes it's still annoying and frustrating. Hopefully some sort of improvement comes are way.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 25 of 45 (222 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I just loaded up normally but I do use a sshd hybrid. Maybe they made some adjustments?

Blood moon will be seen Monday night don't miss it...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 26 of 45 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I might consider a warning  to everyone.

DO. NOT. GO. TO. PLAYSTATION. HOME

until this issue has been resolved

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 27 of 45 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 12, 2014
And strider, how many items do you have on that account? More items = much more time...
Message 28 of 45 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2014

I have to admit that I really dread buying things on Home now. I tried buying things in a bundle from veemee acouple days ago to cut the load times. And thats how I ran into the problem of not recieving the acorn vouchers I just purchased along with some other stuff. I got the other stuff ok, just not the acorns. But I've bought very little since that day. And I think this problem will be what ends up killing Home if its not corrected soon.

bobs fed signature
Message 29 of 45 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Apr 12, 2014

strider367 wrote:

I just loaded up normally but I do use a sshd hybrid. Maybe they made some adjustments?

I use an SSD and validation on purchases still takes me 20-30 minutes. I only get the loading boost and faster travel, validation is not effected at all. Smiley Indifferent

Message 30 of 45 (132 Views)
0 Likes