Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

I was having the problem of freezing in the valdition screen too. So I had JoystickWarrior reset my Home account. Bad idea because I lost all my progress in my Loco Roco Island space. Everything I unlocked there is gone, and I lost 1700 pickories. Man Sad

That is a bad situation, indeed. When validation is 10 times long than a download and it freezes then they definatly have work to do.

still, D- says there was improvement today so I have to see for myself.

Sorry to hear that Bobsfed >.<

I am too Jersquall. It seems like when ever the Home developers or Sony makes a blunder. We're the ones who have to suffer for it. Man Frustrated

bobs fed signature
Message 11 of 45 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
627 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Bobsfed wrote:

I was having the problem of freezing in the valdition screen too. So I had JoystickWarrior reset my Home account. Bad idea because I lost all my progress in my Loco Roco Island space. Everything I unlocked there is gone, and I lost 1700 pickories. Man Sad

Remember me telling you that happened to me?  I remember now how I ost them.   I froze and instead of going through the process and saying yes when I restarted I said no and lost about the same as you maybe more and all the stuff I had bought with pickories was gone too.  Too bad you had to relive my experience lol.  Looks like you not getting pickle suit for a while.

Message 12 of 45 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

Message 13 of 45 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Delicious_Darla wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

If They back-up'd the files, then you only need to log in once, log out, and restore the damaged script file, and the key Pair will resync whem you log in again.

DO NOT go to Disgae 4 lounge, it will erase all HL, and you can not get that back. .. oh, and your dolphy is dead.  Smiley Sad sorry.

If they restore the file, you will get your Dolphy back.

No I pm'd Joystick_Warrior and he said there was nothing they could do about it. And I don't know how to repair a damaged script file. I don't go to the Disgae lounge or the Dolphy Races so I don't have to to worry about those things. I sure hope my LKWD life points didn't get reset though.

bobs fed signature
Message 14 of 45 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
394 posts

Apr 11, 2014
I'm starting to fear buying things on home because of the validation screens. 😨
Hiding under your bed.
Message 15 of 45 (396 Views)
Sackboy
403 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Validation takes ridiculously long now. Makes me think long and hard now before buying any item, So thanks, Sony, for helping me save money! Too bad, though, YOU are losing my business.

Message 16 of 45 (367 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Like Joanna say.

Validating Purchases need to be redesign and also make it exacly the speed of Player Inspect Feature

Message 17 of 45 (364 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Speaking of messed up validation for purchases. I bought 700 acorn vouchers the other day that didn't show up in my inventory at any of the kiosks in Acorn Meadows park. I contacted veemee support about this issue and they said they couldn't do anything about it. No offer to remedy the situation and no refund. See if I buy anything from them anymore.

bobs fed signature
Message 18 of 45 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 11, 2014

It's got everything to do with how much stuff you own. My alt account, which has very little content, gets online and buys things in just a few minutes. My main takes about 15 minutes to log in and 20 minutes to buy anything.

I suppose if you're going to punish anyone, it may as well be the most loyal users, since they've got the greatest investment and they're less likely to leave, but this isn't encouraging me to spend money, and that's not helpful for Home's developers.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 19 of 45 (334 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
183 posts

Apr 11, 2014
This is true!! It seem when they fix the slow validation, some else breaks, which seem to be when the glitches come to play, On the other hand, when validation process is slow, glitches are nill.... That's just an observation.
Message 20 of 45 (329 Views)
0 Likes