Apr 10 2014
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4497 posts

Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

[ Edited ]
44 replies 633 views Edited Apr 10, 2014

Loading into Home took less than 10 min today and purchase Validation from normal store menu took 15 min.

Since the 1.86 update the loading time has been twice its usual amount and Validating purchases took nearly three times as long.

While both are still unreasonably long, at least today they were noticeably better.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 45 (633 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Loading Home and Validation for purchases appears to be improved.

Apr 10, 2014
Funny you say that. Despite clearing cache last night I have froze thrice in a row now and challenges/people/inspect menu/wardrobe is slow as molasses still. Good to hear its working for you.
Support Forums
Message 2 of 45 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 10, 2014

When logging in it took about 7-10 minutes but that includes start up and validating inventory. Getting Acorns last night, a pack of 500 look about 17 minutes. I think there is still plenty of work to be done on Validating when purchasing items. I will make note of this today to see if there is a change.

Sony techs have always tried to improve the speed of the Home experience. I consider this last validation issue a step back but they are aware of the problem and here is to hoping for faster tomorrows.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 3 of 45 (585 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

When logging in it took about 7-10 minutes but that includes start up and validating inventory. Getting Acorns last night, a pack of 500 look about 17 minutes. I think there is still plenty of work to be done on Validating when purchasing items. I will make note of this today to see if there is a change.

Sony techs have always tried to improve the speed of the Home experience. I consider this last validation issue a step back but they are aware of the problem and here is to hoping for faster tomorrows.

It doesn't get more broken than this. Seriously who is in charge of making the decsion for validation of purchases in the way they are currently taking place. I would suggest it's certainly not a Home user cause who would wan't to wait this long just to make a simple purchase?

If Player Inspect purchasing can be so fast why is it that regular mall purchases don't use the same method. Someone needs to fix it already.

Message 4 of 45 (579 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

Takes me roughly 3.5 minutes to get on  Smiley Happy    Thank god, I don't have this issues.   

Message 5 of 45 (576 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Apr 10, 2014
Last week, I was at about 12 minutes for both loading Home and making purchases.

Today, it took 8 minutes to load an 15 to make a purchase.

Message 6 of 45 (571 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Joanna, I don't understand it. If you're buying VEEMEE items then they need only validate VEEMEE items but I know it searched and validates every thing you have. It needs to be redone on a coded level.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 45 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Apr 10, 2014

I was having the problem of freezing in the valdition screen too. So I had JoystickWarrior reset my Home account. Bad idea because I lost all my progress in my Loco Roco Island space. Everything I unlocked there is gone, and I lost 1700 pickories. Man Sad

bobs fed signature
Message 8 of 45 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Just tried this out now, still took over 15 minutes to make a purchase. Before the 1.86 update it only took me 5-8 minutes, since I have a SSD hard drive. I shudder to think how long it would take to buy something on a normal hard drive...

Message 9 of 45 (550 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Bobsfed wrote:

I was having the problem of freezing in the valdition screen too. So I had JoystickWarrior reset my Home account. Bad idea because I lost all my progress in my Loco Roco Island space. Everything I unlocked there is gone, and I lost 1700 pickories. Man Sad

That is a bad situation, indeed. When validation is 10 times long than a download and it freezes then they definatly have work to do.

still, D- says there was improvement today so I have to see for myself.

Sorry to hear that Bobsfed >.<

HomeStationMagazine
Message 10 of 45 (546 Views)