Jan 09 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4509 posts

List of Active Items that have AND have yet to be updated to minimize their slot memory allocation

[ Edited ]
56 replies 966 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

This thread is intended to inform users and encourage developers (especially Sony) to update their active items which originally were released with the default 22 slot allocation.

We have already seen quite a few older active items getting updated to lower their slot allocation, and often with tremendous results, like the recent announcement from Digital Leisure that they have updated ALL their arcade games from using 22 slots down to just 1 slot each!

Your move Sony... Here is an opportunity to help prove you really are listening to your customer's requests and complaints, and start updating your active items as well.

I will be adding and updating this post with an ongoing list of active items that have been updated  so as to draw positive attention to the developers who clearly are making an effort to keep their loyal customers happy.

If you know of any active items that got updated, please post them here and I'll add them to the list.

Like wise, I will also be adding and updating this post with an ongoing list of active items that have not been updated to draw negative attention to developers who need to make a better effort to keep their loyal customers happy.

If you have any active items that you especially would like updated to minimize its memory allocation, please post it here so it can get the attention from the developers.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 57 (966 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: List of Active Items that have AND have yet to be updated to minimize their slot memory allocati

Jan 9, 2013

Sony disco lites. Dont know the proper name at the moment. 

Lil johny too.. the mysterious doll. 

Theres an LED light tree thats not so big and in store for 1.49$ also an active item at 22 slots. I believe this tree was a reward at one point but its also purchasable and definetly not 22 slots. 

And also i wish MASS MEDIA would update there awesome piano that plays the moonlight sonate. Its an awesome item but 22 slots is still not worth it. 

And i believe codeglue already made confirmation that there actives are getting a well deserved update. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 2 of 57 (584 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: List of Active Items that have AND have yet to be updated to minimize their slot memory allocati

Jan 9, 2013
The Aurora and Mercia portals.
The Xi one takes up far less space.
Message 3 of 57 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I think this is a great idea, especially if the Devs can start reducing some of the slot allocations on ones listed here. We have some great active items, but some unuseable due to how much they take up.

If I could choose one that would get some attention and have the slots reduced, it would be Lockwoods PODI.

I'd like to use this more, but unfortunately it just takes up too much room.

Message 4 of 57 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

I would like a change to the freestyle dance floor.

freestyle dance floor 

Great item but 22 slots eats up alot of space especially since it only has 1 song. Also any of the old dj lights, the star projector for example.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 57 (437 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 9, 2013
The sodium teleports. I bought them recently for my Xi apt but ended up not using them since it would eat up 44 slots.
Message 6 of 57 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Yes freestyle dance floor definitely. 

I still occasionally enjoy the playground boombox. 

Always good to hear good times and my all time favorite make them believe. 

Push it real good. List goes on. Good times! Please this item needs an update though played out. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 7 of 57 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Jan 9, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
The sodium teleports. I bought them recently for my Xi apt but ended up not using them since it would eat up 44 slots.

The telepads use 22 slots per pair, not individually once "Played".  DG

Posted Image
Message 8 of 57 (406 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Hmmmm... will try that again.
I had freed up 22 slots to put one down but didn't have room for the 2nd.
Thanks for the tip.
Message 9 of 57 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Jan 9, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
Hmmmm... will try that again.
I had freed up 22 slots to put one down but didn't have room for the 2nd.
Thanks for the tip.

Once you place one, target it and hit "Play".  The second pad, or B pad, will pop out of the first, or A, pad.  Float the B pad to the location you'd like to teleport to, and from.  The A pad can be easily moved around like any furniture item or decoration.  The B pad can't be moved if you don't like it's location, it has to be "Played" again, which can be sort of a pain.  DG 

Posted Image
Message 10 of 57 (397 Views)