Reply
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2008
Offline
6846 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009

Very well said and Kudo'ed, ILOVEPLAYSTATION!

 

I believe we should all definitely live by the golden rule. Including on the internet and online in home. One major problem is that of anonymity. It seems to be viewed as a "no consequences" sort of thing with many people. So they act however they want.

 

One thing I ask though . . . and I want you to take it serious and think about it not just in home but on the forums and in life general:

 

What is the type of person you default to, when you're alone or when you hide behind anonymity? 

 

Do you have integrity and honour and everything as a person? Because it will show whether you do or not, by the person you default to in those situations. 

 

Have fun yes. But at another person's expense, no.  And remember also the thing that goes right alongside the golden rule: "You reap what you sow."

 

EDITED:

east . . . is that you from way back when? Is this another account of yours? If not, don't mind my mindless wanderings, I apologize.

Message Edited by Reverend_M on 07-24-2009 09:52 AM
"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"


PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 11 of 52 (9 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
6228 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009

Its very naive to think that with all the different personalities that come to these forums and that use Home - that everyone is going to get a long like old friends...

You can't change human nature,,, you can only change yourself...

Where Some people are more outspoken and alive and energetic, there are those who would rather go with the flow.

 

My parents taught me that respect is earned,,,

But that acceptance is ever persons right,,, you don't have to respect everyone,,, but you should at least accept the way they are...

 

Am I going to respect people that see girls on Home as whiney little Susies ... No!

But I accept it because no amount of respect given to these people is ever going to change their core feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Message Edited by LiLBlueEyes on 07-24-2009 08:21 AM
Message Edited by LiLBlueEyes on 07-24-2009 08:22 AM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 52 (9 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/26/2008
Offline
696 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Its very naive to think that with all the different personalities that come to these forums and that use Home - that everyone is going to get a long like old friends...

You can't change human nature,,, you can only change yourself...

Where Some people are more outspoken and alive and energetic, there are those who would rather go with the flow.

 

My parents taught me that respect is earned,,,

But that acceptance is ever persons right,,, you don't have to respect everyone,,, but you should at least accept the way they are...

 

Am I going to respect people that see girls on Home as whiney little Susies ... No!

But I accept it because no amount of respect given to these people is ever going to change their core feelings.

 

 

 

I agree with your post, but the one thing that always raises a question to me is when people say "respect has to be earned." How does one earn respect? I would think by being respectful to others in the first place, yes?

Message Edited by Archangel825 on 07-24-2009 12:09 PM
Message 13 of 52 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2008
Offline
6846 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009

Archangel825 wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Its very naive to think that with all the different personalities that come to these forums and that use Home - that everyone is going to get a long like old friends...

You can't change human nature,,, you can only change yourself...

Where Some people are more outspoken and alive and energetic, there are those who would rather go with the flow.

 

My parents taught me that respect is earned,,,

But that acceptance is ever persons right,,, you don't have to respect everyone,,, but you should at least accept the way they are...

 

Am I going to respect people that see girls on Home as whiney little Susies ... No!

But I accept it because no amount of respect given to these people is ever going to change their core feelings.

 

 

 

I agree with your post, but the one thing that always raises a question to me is when people say "respect has to be earned." How does one earn respect? I would think by being respectful to others in the first place, yes?

Message Edited by Archangel825 on 07-24-2009 12:09 PM

That's how it is with me. I'll respect you and be respectable to everyone from the start because I believe that's a show of character there. However, it is when I see others treat others disrespectfully, or act haughty and all that, that I now move them onto my "poopy list"( ).

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"


PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 14 of 52 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/16/2008
Offline
613 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009
High expectations > Update > Happyness > Confusion > Rage > Let's just get along topics! Rise and repeat.. This place never ceases to amaze me how the cycle goes with topics created here..
"Peace is found when one seeks nothingness."

Photobucket







Message 15 of 52 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
6228 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009

In an ideal society we should all be equals,

To say a person should be respected just because they are a person, puts that person above you...

You are not above me, nor am I above you...

U are my equal...

You want respect,,, do something other then just be alive...

I am not saying you have to cure cancer, but I am sure that would get anyone respect. 

There are only a few people I respect on these boards,,, and that is because they always remain nutural and accept people for who they are,,, they don't try to mold everyone to be like them... I am not going to name names - because they don't have to ask for respect,,, they earn it.

Message Edited by LiLBlueEyes on 07-24-2009 10:16 AM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 52 (9 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/07/2009
Offline
1045 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

In an ideal society we should all be equals,

To say a person should be respected just because they are a person, puts that person above you...

You are not above me, nor am I above you...

U are my equal...

You want respect,,, do something other then just be alive...

I am not saying you have to cure cancer, but I am sure that would get anyone respect. 

There are only a few people I respect on these boards,,, and that is because they always remain nutural and accept people for who they are,,, they don't try to mold everyone to be like them... I am not going to name names - because they don't have to ask for respect,,, they earn it.

Message Edited by LiLBlueEyes on 07-24-2009 10:16 AM

 I respect anyone, but once they cross the line and get personal or try to make one's opinion seem like a joke, then that goes out the window. I give people the benefit of the doubt, if you have to "earn" respect then the same goes for you, so don't expect anybody to respect you. That way of thinking is wrong in my opinion. Now, that "little Susie" remark was made because you simply don't want a feature to be added in Home that would improve communication, you basically don't want it to return because things will go wrong, but when public voice chat was removed, did it stop anybody from harassing girls or anything? I'm glad that the Home team understand this, and that eventually it will return, If you still can't get that across your head, I'm fine with it, just don't go ahead and try to turn my comments into jokes. Again, I have no problem with you, I never have, I feel that you take things to a whole new level, a simple "no I don't agree" is enough. And I saw one of your posts in which you compared me to Sony, thanks for that,

 

Message Edited by xDie4Herx on 07-24-2009 10:28 AM
Photobucket
Message 17 of 52 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2008
Offline
6846 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

In an ideal society we should all be equals,

To say a person should be respected just because they are a person, puts that person above you...

You are not above me, nor am I above you...

U are my equal...

You want respect,,, do something other then just be alive...

I am not saying you have to cure cancer, but I am sure that would get anyone respect. 

There are only a few people I respect on these boards,,, and that is because they always remain natural and accept people for who they are,,, they don't try to mold everyone to be like them... I am not going to name names - because they don't have to ask for respect,,, they earn it.


Well with me, I live by the idea that while we are equal, I will treat you with the respect simply because I would like respect and go by the golden rule. Because I don't know a person, the moment I see them, I assume they are not jerks (I used to be the opposite and have learned otherwise). Sort of "innocent until proven guilty."

 

I do treat others as if they are more worthy than I am, to some degree. I'm not a doormat and I'm not a slave and I'm not worthless. I don't downplay myself, but I will uplift others in terms of being respectful.

 

I think the thing is . . . what do you consider "Respect" to mean?

 

Honour? 

Just being nice and friendly?

Stop talking and listen when he/she talks?

Obey?

 

What do you mean by "Respect?" I think of respect as simply considering them equal and deserving of certain rights and such, and not being treated like a jerk, and going by the golden rule. Now, "Honour" on the other hand (Honouring someone or showing someone honour), to me is a higher degree which is not something I automatically do.  (Think about the phrases, you should honour your parents, but respect your elders . . . there's a difference, right?)

 

There could also be different levels of respect too. Such as you respect others, but then you show special respect to a teacher or role model you have (but then I suppose that could end up moving into the realm of honouring someone).

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"


PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 18 of 52 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/24/2008
Offline
234 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009
We should definitely all hold hands around the pond in a happy circle. Boy, Girl, Pervert, Non-Pervert


Message 19 of 52 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
5047 posts
 

Re: Lets Just Get Along!

Jul 24, 2009

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

xDie4Herx wrote:
I agree OP, too much complaining and rants going on in these forums.

And it is not even just because of rudeness, but people thinking they are some high priority, big mouth, ignorant people.  They feel that they have been here for a while and get too comfortable on the forums.  They then run their mouths without caring about it and then make enemies.  All I am asking is for others to be more humble, and not an arrogant poster.


 

I hope you really don't believe that - not everyone who has been here for a while run's their mouths.  Some of those that have been here pre Open Beta know more of what Home was "thought about" than those of us who never had the chance to try out the closed beta version.

 

I haven't look at your posting count nor your length of time in the forums, but if you have been here a while (and you may see an edit on this posting) then you know that most of the suggestions that appear day to day - are the same postings that have been going on now for a while.  

 

New threads are always being created instead of using the older postings (use the search function) to post their ideas/thoughts on them (i.e.  "I want music - I want TV - I want Mic back").

 

New Thoughts and Idea's are always welcome.  Use the forums properly -  Post your club ideas in the Club/Events Forum - If you have a suggestion - post it in the monthly suggestion thread.........

 

And I have no problem when someone has a NEW suggestion - who posts both here AND on the suggestion thread - since that gives us all a chance to think about something new and to discuss it. 

 

I guess what I am saying is - for those people who have been here a while - most of the postings are saying the same thing - over and over and over and over again.

 

JPConway

 

And here is my edit - You have been on longer than me - so you must get "bored" with seeing the same thing posted every day.

 

 

 

 

Message Edited by JPConway on 07-24-2009 01:34 PM

Message 20 of 52 (9 Views)
0 Likes