Uncharted Territory
1513 posts

Re: Let's talk about Core Spaces

Aug 14, 2009

we would make something original as opposed to a Beatmania-branded night club. If we decided to make a beach resort, we'd create our own and not one based on Far Cry or something like that.

I love how Buggie used those two as an example. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 111 of 116 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

Aug 14, 2009

our very own sea world home theme park

does the image work now ?

Message Edited by smack69er on 06-10-2009 04:27 PM
Message Edited by smack69er on 08-14-2009 10:07 AM
♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥
Message 112 of 116 (11 Views)
Wastelander
678 posts

Aug 14, 2009
I like your ideas of you creating your own night club and your own beaches.    Might be nice if you could add something like a viewing platform somewhere in the central plaza where you get a clear view out over water onto a virtual city compleatly made up of based of of somewhere in the world
Put a stop to it agent P

Eh Oh Canada Go!!! This is our Games
Message 113 of 116 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Aug 14, 2009
never going to happen
Add cheek out my friends band
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/falsewitness
Youtube:youtube.com/user/FalseWitnessVideos

Photobucket
Message 114 of 116 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 14, 2009

bigdaddyellis40 wrote:

we would make something original as opposed to a Beatmania-branded night club. If we decided to make a beach resort, we'd create our own and not one based on Far Cry or something like that.

I love how Buggie used those two as an example. lol

Do I detect a burn?  haha... Yea I agree with Buggy the core spaces are extremely generic to the point of being sterile.  I think the average Homie likes the realism in the characters and wants a world that mimics reality more so than an ultra clean space mall feel to everything.   I think the core spaces are generally well done but overlit and way to clean, which has the affect of sucking the life outta them.  
Since your core spaces all have a Decco style, like you see in Miami, I'd play up that theme and maybe even set home in Miami at least for NA.   Sure build a night club but, unless you offer a really good music selection and the ability to play the role of DJ as a mini-game where you actually get to mix beats that the other users hear, then I'd say concentrate on something else and do it right.  Chances are sony's version of a night club will be pretty lame, so unless they do it right just go dance in the plaza where its perpetually noon.  If you want a more authentic nightclub experience go to club fight night and just put on your own tunes.
 Since the default personal space overlooks a marina why don't you start there and begin fleshing out the world around your apartment, eventually connecting it to the central plaza!  this seems obvious so i'm sure its been posted allready but I dont have time to read through all the chaff.  
good luck, but I kinda don't think we will see much core content form sony at least until they figure out how to manage what they have and fix the technical stuff.  Also do we really want more 1st party content.  When was the last time that was really good?..... ok defenders of everything Home flame on....

Message 115 of 116 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Dec 4, 2009
HI buggie  u know what would be nice 2 see a person told me and i think this is great. the 7 wonders of the world.dude that would rock ppl give feedback on this i see ppl really want this or a museum of so sort maybe dinosaurs would be kewl. tha nks all HCM
Message Edited by XxadrammelechXx on 12-04-2009 02:16 PM
Message 116 of 116 (11 Views)
0 Likes