Jun 02 2009
By: BuggieTechnica I Only Post Everything 736 posts

Let's talk about Core Spaces

115 replies 10 views Edited Jun 2, 2009

What are the Core Spaces of PlayStation Home? They're the Central Plaza, the Gamer's Lounge, the Bowling Alley ... They're the central locations of Home all under the same chip that tend to define the experience. In these spaces you can meet new friends, listen to music, play games together and socialize within the environment. They're also where people tend to spend most of their time and we're looking to expand these types of areas. Naturally, we'd like to hear your thoughts 

The overarching theme of the Core Spaces of Home is that, unlike Game Spaces, they're not based on any sort of property, and therefor, allow for much more creative uses with less restrictions. They also tend to be, for lack of a better term, generic, even if their implementation isn't. So for example, while we hear requests all the time for night club in Home, we would make something original as opposed to a Beatmania-branded night club. If we decided to make a beach resort, we'd create our own and not one based on Far Cry or something like that.

With all that in mind, what sort of core spaces do you think Home would benefit from? 

Message 1 of 116 (10 Views)
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Re: Let's talk about Core Spaces

Jun 2, 2009
A dedicated Music Center complete with a dance floor would be nice.
Message 2 of 116 (10 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5165 posts

Jun 2, 2009
Hmm, how about creating a home space that at least has the ability to changed real-time. And then for a space, I guess how about creating a beach space?
League of Legends ID: fx Choi Jin ri
Always Keep the Faith in TVXQ and JYJ.
Jersquall owes me $5. I've used PS Home Service since Beta.
Message 3 of 116 (10 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Jun 2, 2009
hmmmm...
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 116 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Jun 2, 2009

zambingo wrote:

A region free meeting zone.

like an airport

I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 116 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Jun 2, 2009
we do need a music room that has a little bit of every music genre from hip hop to metal, from rap to techno, etc.
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 116 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1326 posts

Jun 2, 2009

A region free meeting zone.

Afterthought: You could call it something like International Park. Or something. It'd be like a New York Central Park area, just a huge cool park that is region free. Perhaps there would be a lake like area and then in that lake there could be a remote controlled mini-boat racing/battle game.

Message Edited by zambingo on 06-01-2009 04:52 PM
Message 7 of 116 (10 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1420 posts

Jun 2, 2009
The only things I would really want is the Gamer's Lounge incorporated into the Central Plaza, a bigger theater, and a 2 floor bowling alley. Just some modifications to the core spaces in which we have like night and weather effects. A night club may be cool to have anyway.
84% of people will believe anything with a statistic.
Message 8 of 116 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
855 posts

Jun 2, 2009
Maybe a disco like dance studio. And billboards scattered around, not necessarily huge but similar to the malls. They seem to give it some realism. You could add an air hockey table to the bowling alley. As for CP try to just make it larger. Add some levels so everything doesn't look so flat. Also you could add some NPC type characters walking around talking to themselves. Example guy walking around saying "Maybe I should buy that Ghostbusters bundle in the mall. Just some ideas.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 116 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jun 2, 2009

BUZZ_KILLINGTION wrote:
HI buggie buzzy here u know what would be nice 2 see a person told me and i think this is great. the 7 wonders of the world.dude that would rock ppl give feedback on this i see ppl really want this or a museum of so sort maybe dinosaurs would be kewl. tha nks all HCM buzzy out
Any of those ideas would make some very unique spaces. Great ideas

Message 10 of 116 (10 Views)
0 Likes