Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
254 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012
But it's the parents stupid choice to let their kids on these games. It doesn't stop the age rating being there for a reason.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 61 of 93 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Clealry you missed the point.  It had nothing to do with what a game is rated for, but rather how many people in society are far more tolerant of extreme violence in video games than they are of sexual content, even when making decisions on what games to let their kids play.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 62 of 93 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

Ed, you make assumptions based on how you feel and then post it as if these are un questionable facts (which of course they are not, they are just your own personal opinions), and then when that opinion is challenged you claim you are being personally attacked.  There is no room for discussion under these terms.

 

I'll leave this "debate" with some objective facts.  There are literally well over a thousand clothing items in Home for women (many also being available as free rewards), with new items being added regularly, that are not sexually revealing, and in no way is anyone even remotely close to being forced to wear sexually revealing clothes in Home... Nor is anyone forced to stare at them.  Suggesting otherwise is, in the words of Joe Biden, a bunch of malarkey.

 

Frankly, its unfortunate, but says so much about large parts of our society, that there is far more outrage over sexual content in the world (and in Home) then there is over the drastic exploitation of violent behavior.  

 

In our neighborhood, there are so-called GCMs (Good Christan Moms) who have no problem letting their teenage sons play ultra violent realistic video games like Modern Warfare where they are not only shooting people's heads off and cutting their throats with a knife, but even doing that with their own friends online... But freak out and boycott game stores for selling video games with scantily clothed women... Not even naked, and not even showing pornographic images.

 

I guess many still believe violence is more acceptable than sex... Although in an interesting way, the theory of evolution proves both are neccesary components for life to continue to evolve.  I'm hoping my teams survives. Smiley Happy


While you make some very good points you just did strawman political again. Also saying your interpretation of my opinion is X and is undeniable fact is equally invalid. You just accused me of doing what you just did. Moving on, sex and violence are key components to organic evolution. I don't see how it's key to the evolution of Home. Frankly I'd like to see neither in Home, or at least not to the level they are available at given the age ranges. Moving on again....

 

We've veered away from the OP by miles now. The OP was just advertising some content and plugging a site (yet again). For the sake of keeping Jo's topic on topic, I think the content is well done as usual by Granzella Smiley Happy but I still think it's a little out there, and that's just my opinion and I'm sure lots of people will go out and buy it (as I said before).

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 63 of 93 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
254 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Again, it's because of the age rating.

People are tolerant of the violence, because the age rating on most violent games are quite high. People are NOT tolerant of sexual content in PS Home, is because it has a low age rating.

Have you noticed people are tolerant of sexual content in other virtual worlds, where it has a high age rating of 18+? Go play Second Life. Nobody has a problem with it there, because there's a high age rating set in place.
It's the fact that young people are ALLOWED access to this, not to mention gambling games like the casino from Digital Leisure, yet you have to be 18+ to access a casino in the real world and on gambling websites (not mocking the developer themselves, they're one of the best developers I've seen around here that keep in contact with their customers).

If these young kids were on there whilst they weren't allowed, then there wouldn't really be a problem, other than 'don't use PS Home as a babysitter', and the problem would be with the parents, not with PS Home and the developers that issue the sexual content every week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 64 of 93 (272 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34148 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

xElfenLied wrote:

 

Basically everything that Ed said. The ladies should be bashing SCEE and SCEA's heads against the wall about real clothing and real fashion and do it until they give us what we want, but the American's just don't realise what they're doing, and it's mostly the men's faults.


 

yeah, blame America; because its not like Japan created these items.


Message 65 of 93 (233 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
254 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012
Japan created them, you're buying them. No-one is forcing you to buy them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 66 of 93 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

xElfenLied wrote:
Japan created them, you're buying them. No-one is forcing you to buy them.

They are releasing these in the EU as well. Check the EU Blog. 

 http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/23/playstation-home-creepy-cocktails-for-halloween/

Message 67 of 93 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
254 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012
Yeah I won't be buying them. The only people I know who buy into those things in the EU are males behind a female avatar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 68 of 93 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

xElfenLied wrote:
Yeah I won't be buying them. The only people I know who buy into those things in the EU are males behind a female avatar.

Which only further illustrates your limited point of view, and perhaps you should consider getting to know more people, as I've never seen any of my male friends cross dress in Home, and I know for a fact most of my female friends in Home are indeed female... Unless of course they all happen to be masters at disguising their male voices over the mic... but I get it, you personally know cross dressing guys in Home.  Your experience though only applies to you, just as my experience only applies to me.

 

The fact remains the same, no one is forcing anyone to wear inappropriate clothing in Home, there are simply wayyyyyyy too many choices in clothing both free and in stores for anyone to ever feel forced to wear what they don't want to.... And I think your judgement on the choices others make in regards to what they wear in Home says soooo much more about you than it does the people you are judging.

 

It's still a sad state of affairs that after all these centuries of civilization, so many still consider sexuality to be far more offensive than violence.   Go figure.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 69 of 93 (174 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34148 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

xElfenLied wrote:
Japan created them, you're buying them. No-one is forcing you to buy them.

im not buying them.

but exactly as you said, no one is forcing you to buy them; dont like it then dont buy it, end of story.


Message 70 of 93 (163 Views)
0 Likes