Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4410 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 22, 2012
Just because a lot of people buy into something wrong doesn't make it right it just means the majority of shoppers want it Smiley Very Happy and that's all it comes down to....money. Morals and ethics are only a priority 1 when a public relations lifeboat is needed.

Has to be said though the trend of flaunting endless photos of swimsuits in US Home and the US forums as something empowering, cool and fashionable makes most of EU Home laugh and if a Japanese company is not even selling it to their own people it says a lot really!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 41 of 93 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/25/2009
Offline
2356 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

I like the yellow one. Also for people who seem to forget like 90% of users... These are pixels. Meaning they are 0's and 1's. Meaning they are NOT real. Yeah sure it looks pervy. But guess what? So does every other item on Home.

Skype: Altyconnection
Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 42 of 93 (277 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

Soulycon wrote:

I like the yellow one. Also for people who seem to forget like 90% of users... These are pixels. Meaning they are 0's and 1's. Meaning they are NOT real. Yeah sure it looks pervy. But guess what? So does every other item on Home.


Except you could say the same for any pornographic images online... Just 0's and 1's but you and I know that's just a red herring.  I'm not saying I think these outfits are an unwelcome addition to Home, far from it as I enjoy the mature elements to Home... But I'm not going to dismiss someone's personal distaste for these simply because they are virtual items.  Instead, I would just remind them that Home was not designed for just them, and there is a wide range of content for all types.  If they are going to be offended by this type of content they can simply avoid looking at it... It's really quite easy to do, much more so than in real life.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 43 of 93 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
Just because a lot of people buy into something wrong doesn't make it right it just means the majority of shoppers want it Smiley Very Happy and that's all it comes down to....money. Morals and ethics are only a priority 1 when a public relations lifeboat is needed.

Has to be said though the trend of flaunting endless photos of swimsuits in US Home and the US forums as something empowering, cool and fashionable makes most of EU Home laugh and if a Japanese company is not even selling it to their own people it says a lot really!

It doesn't need to be said as clearly don't spend much time on the EU forums and in EU Home as there is plenty of evidence they share similar taste in clothes.  As for Japan, you also must not spend much time in JP Home as they sell quite a lot of similarly revealing outfits.  

 

The reality is, whether they will admit it or not, is that most people like sexy things, and many would agree that this outfit is indeed sexy.  YMMV

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 44 of 93 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/17/2012
Offline
3752 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

 


If all you can point out to complain about, is the full side of the bust.

You need to find something better, to complain about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry but I'm with Emerald on this one, besides your the one defending the outfit and stating that there is worse outfits on home and when you are asked what outfits, this is the reply you give?  All I'm saying is that if your gonna sit there and criticize people for stating that this outfit is too revealing then have something to back it up and no just a silly commentary like "You need to find something better, to complain about."

 

I for one find both the pubic bone exposure and the over exposed boob too revealing for my taste and you may be right that there is outfits on home that may be more revealing but I guarantee you I don't own any of them.  Why is it wrong for some of us to feel that this is getting a bit out of hand?  Btw I wanted to know, does JP have these swimsuits?  Because if Granzella created these just for NA then that is twice of an insult to our culture and a lack of respect from their part. 

 

 

 

 


For example, those costumes that came out last week. The succubus, costumes. Have you took a look at the bust line, and how revealing that costume is all together?

The bikini tops in Disgaea, with the floater. The bikini top is so short, that the bottom part of the bust hangs out of the bikini top.

Shall I name more?

 

Everyone knows sex sells, and I see these outfits as something to be worn for fun. Not to be took literally.

& no, Japan does not have these outfits.

 

At least, I haven't seen them though.

 

Home has been in the trend, of creating items that reveal skin as of late. Is it a bad thing? It all depends on the persons pesonal taste.

But just because a person feels that it's bad, doesn't mean it's bad.

 

 


I havent seen any of those nor do I own them, but now I want to see them ..LOL ..If its tasteless I wont like it, so maybe I shouldn't.  I see your point hun and I don't think anyone was saying that it is bad, its really a matter of personal taste.  Some of us may be OK with showing some pelvis and boobage and others are not OK with it. 

Message 45 of 93 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
539 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

the "pervs" arent the people gawking at the outfits. if anything , the "pervs " re the people who wear the questionable clothing in public. being on home iv learned that most of the "pervs" arent the randoms , its people on my friendslist who ultimately cross the line. too many people are blaming stuff on noobs/pervs without really thinking about one simple thing. this is the internet. from what i see , people are misusing "perv" , "noob" and "troll" on home. i saw a "noob" approach afemale avatar( dressed in a bikini and it was at the casino...) and he simply spoke. she went off on him and called him a perv. people are using certain things as a excuse to attack people and just be down right rude. im an adult so i dont find anything wrong with the outfit lthough i might not wear it in public and if i do i will take the bitter with the sweet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 46 of 93 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/18/2011
Offline
1403 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

I love it

 

Message 47 of 93 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

whusler wrote:

I love it

 


Especially when you consider the outfits that Beyonce and  Kelly Rolland have worn since then.... Oops.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 48 of 93 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/11/2007
Offline
184 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012
Wow, I actually really like these. Risque, but not in an obscene way. At least to me. Smiley Tongue

Definitely an outfit for my personal retreat though. Haha.
Message 49 of 93 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: Lei & Pareo PV by apricotheart - PlayStation®Home

Oct 23, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
Just because a lot of people buy into something wrong doesn't make it right it just means the majority of shoppers want it Smiley Very Happy and that's all it comes down to....money. Morals and ethics are only a priority 1 when a public relations lifeboat is needed.


 The problem with that logic is it assumes that what you may consider moral or ethical is what everyone else considers morale or ethical.  They may think you are just insecure about sexuality and a prude.  Perhaps both sides are correct.  I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable judging someone's personal choices if they don't effect me.  Live and let live.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 50 of 93 (182 Views)
0 Likes