Jan 10 2011
By: Katsuune Uncharted Territory 1359 posts

Latest Dolphy owner rewards: for Challenge and Star Courses

[ Edited ]
49 replies 1300 views Edited Apr 30, 2015

Here's the unlock order for the final Dolphy owner rewards seen in the Hudson space:

Gold Dolphy Trophy = Large Winner's trophy ornament for your first win on either Challenge or Star Course

Challenge Course

Bronze Crown = 1 win

Silver Crown = 3 wins

Gold Crown = 5 wins

Flame Dolphy animated inferno (custom skin) = 10 wins

4 ornament figurines: Decorative designs that can be used to customize your dolphy. Randomly awarded for placing a vote on the dolphy that won 1st place in the Challenge Course:

Bubble Dolphy Figurine = Spotted green ornament

Metal Dolphy Figurine = Silver ornament

Star Dolphy Figurine = Red star ornament

Striped Dolphy Figurine = Aqua-striped ornament

Star Course

Bronze Tiara = 1 win

Silver Tiara = 3 wins

Gold Tiara = 5 wins

Stealth Dolphy animated blue force field (custom skin) = 10 wins

4 sets of horns: Can be used both on your avatar and to customize your dolphy. Randomly awarded as either the male or female version:

Glowing Horns (Blue) (male or female) = Awarded for placing a vote on the Star race winner

Glowing Horns (Red) (male or female) = ditto

Trail Effect unlocks

Sparkle(Big) = 5 votes on your dolphy

Sparkle(Small), Heart Marks, Colorful Bubbles = Awarded in random order at 10, 20, and 30(?) votes

Cherry Blossom Bubbles = 50 votes on your dolphy (from previous update)

Fall Leaves (Japanese maple) = 75 votes

Snowflakes = 100 votes

Fun Stars (spinning stars) = 125 votes

Blue Flames (ghostly glowing flames) = 150 votes

Waterdrops (white raindrops) = 175 votes

Puzzle Pieces (jigsaw pieces) = 200 votes

White Feathers (goose quills) = 225 votes

Pink Butterflies (magenta paper cut-outs) = 250 votes

Dolphy (text trail of letters D, O, L, P, H, and Y following your dolphy) = 275 votes

Dolphy Panels (rounded tiles with "Dolphy" written inside. Same as on Caesar S dolphy) = 300 votes

Smoke (yellow puffs like popcorn rising) = 350 votes

Colorful (trail of Mars zodiac symbols) = 400 votes

Colorful (trail of Venus zodiac symbols) = 450 votes

(΄·ω·΄) or Japanese text smiley for the phrase Itterasshai or "Bye, see ya later!" = 500 votes ***

Musical sounds are associated with certain trail effects. When the dolphy passes overhead you can hear (among other things) either a faint tinkling, gentle chimes, the babble of a bubbling brook, or a water rushing sound. Curiously, at least one of them is unidentified and rather unusual...

I've tried my best to keep you updated when further unlocks become known. The physics used on these trail effect unlocks are impressive.... The blossoms, leaves, and feathers drift and tumble very realistically in the dolphy's wake.

Special thanks to HOPPER_34 and jflux98 for the higher-level trail unlocks, and to StephieRawks for the detailed photos of the effects in action!

***Also thanks for the final trail effect at 500 votes: nagon111 has kindly explained that the  ω  emoji is often used in Japanese chat forums under these situations:

(`・ω・´) = this indicates when emotional tension is high

(´・ω・`)  = this indicates that one's tension is low, or depressed, or disappointed, etc.

And that's just the basic form; adding a few letters or symbols adds more variation and emotions to them:  d( ・ω´・+)        m9っ`・ω・´)

NOTES

In the "Customize Dolphy" options, whenever the latest effect is unlocked it gets written to the Effects list in no particular order.

Finally, a word of encouragement: It is not random luck, but skill in arranging stats -- and patience in training -- that will bring out the Champion in your dolphies. So have fun, and see you at the races!

Message 36 of 50 (1,300 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Re: Latest Dolphy owner rewards: for Challenge and Star Courses

Nov 17, 2010

Thanks for the info. There are 2 more effects that I know of.....colored squares and one that is a bunch of letters, but I'm not sure at what number of votes they are awarded (maybe 275 and 300?).

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 1 of 50 (1,300 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Nov 17, 2010

Thank  you so much Katsuune!  I am new at the whole dolphy thing and this is very useful info.

I'd kudo you if I could but, alas, I am still a newbie.

Get your Portable ID!

Find me on Twitter @maxbrat
Message 2 of 50 (1,300 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Nov 17, 2010

You're very welcome :-)  I've seen the sky-blue "squares" on the new Hudson dolphy, Caesar S.  The resolution on this effect seems sort of washed out and vague, especially in comparison to the other effects.  Makes me wonder whether it's actually a bug in the rendering. Perhaps Caesar S is actually sporting the Puzzle Pieces?

Certainly would be great if they've planned unlocks all the way to 1000 votes.... Keep us coming back for more.

And yes, they've certainly paid a lot of attention in making the awards fun. 

Message 3 of 50 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
949 posts

Nov 17, 2010

Oooh, pink butterflies   Thanks for this info...I'm only up to the fall leaves though lol

Message 4 of 50 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2338 posts

Nov 17, 2010

I have so much work to do...

Photobucket
Message 5 of 50 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Nov 17, 2010

I can't wait to get the Stealth skin too... But that's still 5 wins away.

On the plus side, I got my last pair of glowing horns (red/female) just yesterday.  Finally, yay.  I think the horns look better on us than the dolphies hehe.

(Is it too late to ask Santa for Snowflake and Butterfly trail effects that follow our avatars? lol)

Message 6 of 50 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Nov 17, 2010

Thanks for posting them. I just unlocked a new effect yesterday but never checked to see what it was. I'm guessing the blue flames.

I have the Flame dolphy and need 2 (update: make that 1 ) more Star wins for the Stealth.

castle3
Message 7 of 50 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Nov 18, 2010

I have a reason to do challenge races again. Alright then. Thanks.

Message 8 of 50 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Nov 18, 2010

I unlocked the pink butterflies effect today! I'll try to get some pics up soon 

Message 9 of 50 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes