Sackboy
389 posts

Re: LOOT's Crackle Kill Count 2 Event

Oct 22, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

SCarverOrne wrote:

Before I say anything, you do know Romero's Night movies were a social commentary and allegorical... right? Cuz that seemed like a dissection of a random B-movie. And that made my brain hurt very very badly.

Night of the Liiving Dead being a social commentary doesn't excuse the fact that Romero's zombies don't look anything like zombies, which is the point I made.  The zombies themselves have nothing to do with the issue of racism the movie tried to call out.

Is Dawn of the Dead a social commentary too?  I know it is, being about consumerism in light of a zombie apocalypse, but the zombies were still great looking zombies, and gory, decayed-looking zombies, whether present or not, don't do anything to affect the message Romero tried to send in that movie.

Tell me where in my above post I said Night of the Living Dead was a bad movie BECAUSE of the implied racism of some redneck shooting a black guy dead because he "thought" it was a zombie.  I didn't say that made the movie bad, I just mentioned it.  I said the poorly-done zombies made it bad, not some redneck shooting Ben.

And as I just said in this post, the zombies don't do anything to enhance or destroy the message Romero made.  They're just zombies.  Replace the zombies with aliens or killer robots or demons and the same message could have been made.

I agree - tentatively... It was 1968. I don't think the public was accepting of the things they (we) are today. Even look at contemporary films like Dean Stockwell in The Dunwich Horror. Great film, great story, crappy monster. The effects weren't what it was all about. It was about the message. Only today's society can't get behind a film unless it drops an inordinate amount of special effects. I'd rather watch slow moving pale people with a great explanation (the recently dead, not necessarily violent deaths) than a Transformers-like computer graphics laden, regurgitated Hollywood money-train. Zombies themselves weren't exactly a hot topic in 1968. And Dawn of the Dead, the sequel, wasn't out til 1977. Things were different then. Just as they were in 1985 when Day of the Dead dropped. Look at the vast changes in the undead between those films.

I understand what you're saying, I really do. I just disagree. I hope you don't get mad about that, because I say it with all due respect. I think the 1968 Night worked admirably just the way it was - in fact, the only thing that managed to top it was the 1998 30th Anniversary Edition. Which, IMO, was so good I can't even go back and watch the 1968 version anymore. It feels... wrong, without the adaptations from the '98 version.

Message 41 of 55 (385 Views)
Sackboy
444 posts

Oct 22, 2012
if any of you are having trouble getting the rewards from the killcount 2 event complain to loot on twitter they do answer back
Message 42 of 55 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
380 posts

Oct 22, 2012

I'm from Canada and i'm happy I got the T & Axe items. Smiley Happy

Posters meh!

Message 43 of 55 (314 Views)
Survivor
2587 posts

Oct 23, 2012

btw The Night of the Living Dead poster is an old reward.

living

I don't think it counts for the Kill Count 2 Event posters.

Meaning theres a total of 8. (For now)

Axe (M & F)

axe

Shirt (M & F)

Kill Count Shirt

Posters:

emilyblood

blood 2M 1

M 2V 1

V 2Z S

Message 44 of 55 (301 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Wish we had the option to not accept the t-shirt! Smiley Wink

Message 45 of 55 (267 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Wish we had the option to not accept the t-shirt! Smiley Wink

Funny thing about the t-shirt.  See if you can spot the similarities between these 2 shirts:

PlayStation®Home Picture 8-14-2011 6-32-54.jpg

They took the Zombieland t-shirt, changed it to white, replaced the Zombieland logo with the Kill Count 2 logo, and flipped the ribcage's side and turn them into bloody guts.  They're even the same shape.  I haven't seen a more lazily-made shirt on Home.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 46 of 55 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Well I'd love a tab for t-shirts. Would that free up looking through storage. When we might get wardrobe management improvements is anyone's guess. It only gets worse for those of us who do buy things each week. 

I try to avoid rewards that I really don't want. 

Message 47 of 55 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well I'd love a tab for t-shirts. Would that free up looking through storage. When we might get wardrobe management improvements is anyone's guess. It only gets worse for those of us who do buy things each week. 

I try to avoid rewards that I really don't want. 

To me, the inventory menus (specifically wardrobe & furnishings) are badly in need of an update and expansion.  At the very least they need to have the same Sort By Last Used option for items in storage as they are in the normal folders.  They should also let us tag items in storage as favorites, as anyone with a large collection of items will tell you, due to the limited number of items allowed in the normal inventory folders, we place a lot of items that we use in storage, but finding many of them in storage without the ability to sort by last used or by favorites can be very time consuming.

The sad thing is that similar requests have been made to the managers of Home for over a year now and I have yet to see any official response to these requests, other than the typical auto-response thanking us for the suggestion... *sigh*

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 48 of 55 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 23, 2012
I apologize to LOOT and congratulate them on bringing some (not all) movies to the Canada region and the rewards as well. The posters werent working for me tbh but the axe and shirt came through fine. When I had posted earlier today, the EOD had not been updated. Watching the evil dead remake currently! Happy Halloween ~
Support Forums
Message 49 of 55 (186 Views)
Survivor
2394 posts

Oct 23, 2012

So no poster for Idle Hands?

Before this event I asked on Facebook (personal account, please don't add me (unless you're cool (haha))) about it and they said it was coming.  Then they announced this event... with Idle Hands mentioned.  So there's still no reward?  Ouch, to answer a personal response like that.  Of course, if it's to be added soon, then I take it back, but still.  Smiley Sad  At least they ignored me when I asked them about the Crackle hoodie not being rewarded.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 50 of 55 (146 Views)
0 Likes