Sackboy
587 posts

Re: LOOT's Crackle Kill Count 2 Event

Oct 22, 2012
Yeah I got both rewards watching my EOD and 8 posters. Anatomy 2 also comes up with an error...A lot of the movies from the list are missing.

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Message 31 of 55 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

****ing sweet, the version of Night of the Living Dead that they added is the 1990 remake.  The theme during the ending credits rules.

Yeah, Tom Savini remake. It's likable, although he went the typical Hollywood route of the strong female lead and pretty much killed it. I liked the old Barbara from the '68 version. Smiley Tongue

Message 32 of 55 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Oct 22, 2012

SCarverOrne wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

****ing sweet, the version of Night of the Living Dead that they added is the 1990 remake.  The theme during the ending credits rules.

Yeah, Tom Savini remake. It's likable, although he went the typical Hollywood route of the strong female lead and pretty much killed it. I liked the old Barbara from the '68 version. Smiley Tongue

I am a fan of both! Love Romero and Savini! Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 33 of 55 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Oct 22, 2012

ZombieLover23 wrote:

SCarverOrne wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

I love Savini the actor. I'll leave it at that.

Also, confirming Vampire Bats returns an error. In fact, the whole EOD has been acting wonky for me all day.

Message 34 of 55 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2014

SCarverOrne wrote:

ZombieLover23 wrote:

SCarverOrne wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

I love Savini the actor. I'll leave it at that.

Also, confirming Vampire Bats returns an error. In fact, the whole EOD has been acting wonky for me all day.

I heard about alot of bad experiences meeting Tom. But, when I met him he was a awesome guy! Had him sign my book of Grande illusions and my Ulltimate Dawn Of The Dead DVD. But, like I said. I have heard horror stories about meeting him and him being not so nice to some...

DawnOfTheDead.jpg

l.jpg

Photobucket
Message 35 of 55 (276 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Oct 22, 2012

SCarverOrne wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

WARNING:  SPOILERS FOR BOTH NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD MOVIES:

I like the remake Barbara better.  She's introduced at the very beginning as "the main character" and she get's killed off before a few minor ones do.  Bad move, Romero.  Ben, the guy who was introducted 10 minutes into the film was the real main character of the original.  In the remake, Barbara was the main character throughout the whole thing and she made it to the end of the movie.

I also like how Tom Savini handled Ben in the remake.  He died in the original because an idiot in a redneck zombie hunting mob shot him through a window without checking to see that Ben was still human (i.e. implied racism).  In the remake, Ben was turned into a zombie and Barbara discoverd him in a shed.  It was an emotional scene, as the two of them were kicking zombie *** throughout the film and there we see one of them went down.

I also like the remake's gore factor.  Sorry to the Romero fans, I love Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, and even Land of the Dead was decent, but the original Night of the Living Dead is terrible.  Romero made no attempt to make the zombies look like zombies.  Blood splatters on their faces would have helped.  They look just like normal people.  I know it's black and white, but torn flesh on the face and fake blood would have still shown up.  Romero didn't even try.

Savini made the better Night of the Living Dead.  Though that's to be expected, Tom Savini is a special effects MASTER, and Romero is a director who made a great story, but did nothing to make it LOOK good, not until Dawn of the Dead 10 years later.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 36 of 55 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

SCarverOrne wrote:

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

WARNING:  SPOILERS FOR BOTH NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD MOVIES:

I like the remake Barbara better.  She's introduced at the very beginning as "the main character" and she get's killed off before a few minor ones do.  Bad move, Romero.  Ben, the guy who was introducted 10 minutes into the film was the real main character of the original.  In the remake, Barbara was the main character throughout the whole thing and she made it to the end of the movie.

I also like how Tom Savini handled Ben in the remake.  He died in the original because an idiot in a redneck zombie hunting mob shot him through a window without checking to see that Ben was still human (i.e. implied racism).  In the remake, Ben was turned into a zombie and Barbara discoverd him in a shed.  It was an emotional scene, as the two of them were kicking zombie *** throughout the film and there we see one of them went down.

I also like the remake's gore factor.  Sorry to the Romero fans, I love Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, and even Land of the Dead was decent, but the original Night of the Living Dead is terrible.  Romero made no attempt to make the zombies look like zombies.  Blood splatters on their faces would have helped.  They look just like normal people.  I know it's black and white, but torn flesh on the face and fake blood would have still shown up.  Romero didn't even try.

Savini made the better Night of the Living Dead.  Though that's to be expected, Tom Savini is a special effects MASTER, and Romero is a director who made a great story, but did nothing to make it LOOK good, not until Dawn of the Dead 10 years later.

Before I say anything, you do know Romero's Night movies were a social commentary and allegorical... right? Cuz that seemed like a dissection of a random B-movie. And that made my brain hurt very very badly.

Message 37 of 55 (251 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

SCarverOrne wrote:

Before I say anything, you do know Romero's Night movies were a social commentary and allegorical... right? Cuz that seemed like a dissection of a random B-movie. And that made my brain hurt very very badly.

Night of the Liiving Dead being a social commentary doesn't excuse the fact that Romero's zombies don't look anything like zombies, which is the point I made.  The zombies themselves have nothing to do with the issue of racism the movie tried to call out.

Is Dawn of the Dead a social commentary too?  I know it is, being about consumerism in light of a zombie apocalypse, but the zombies were still great looking zombies, and gory, decayed-looking zombies, whether present or not, don't do anything to affect the message Romero tried to send in that movie.

Tell me where in my above post I said Night of the Living Dead was a bad movie BECAUSE of the implied racism of some redneck shooting a black guy dead because he "thought" it was a zombie.  I didn't say that made the movie bad, I just mentioned it.  I said the poorly-done zombies made it bad, not some redneck shooting Ben.

And as I just said in this post, the zombies don't do anything to enhance or destroy the message Romero made.  They're just zombies.  Replace the zombies with aliens or killer robots or demons and the same message could have been made.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 38 of 55 (231 Views)
Sackboy
393 posts

Oct 22, 2012
According to the PS Blog there are supposed to be 10 posters. I only found eight new ones, and I already had the Night of the Living Dead poster.

Has anyone found a tenth? I'm thinking it might be Vampire Bats but I'm also getting a 114 error when I try to watch it.
Message 39 of 55 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Oct 22, 2012

One of ones you might not have counted may be for the Vampire Bats movie that is currently giving errors when people try to play it.

---signature---
Message 40 of 55 (210 Views)
0 Likes