Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Is $9.99 to much for a LOOT radio?

Dec 4, 2012

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

If the $9.99 Radidio had a vacumn cleaner and toaster and some clothes storage included, I still wouldn't buy it.

At $4.99 I would think about it, and pass anyway. While on Home,  I have all types of music available to me thru my receivor or laptop.

I also do not wish to be at home using my television, to watch a televison in Home.

Televison, radio, flying thru the air, skating, riding animals which when they run look like they have an extreme case of diarrhea, etc .....

after 3 years on Home, I have seen so many of the items, clothes, and personal spaces which were so "popular", so " got to have ', become passe so fast.

Lumie is right tho; as long as the masses rush to buy every week, prices will continue to escalate.

" Whatever the market will bear ".

Consider those $15.00 Millionare suits (whatever they r called) .. they look like some guy went to Walmart and purloined too many monopoly games.  You paid how much ? I don't care if they included 6 different colors, and the money had aniamted naked dancing girls, instead of a pic of Georgie " I cannot tell a lie" .... Developers knew right then and there, that they had captive, and somewhat fiscally irresponsible consumers available to them.

Exactly! Why do we need televisions in Home, when we can just watch television at home. Smiley Wink

bobs fed signature
Message 31 of 60 (327 Views)
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Dec 4, 2012

This is beautifful and I will definitely be picking these up. It's not to much if you take into consideration what you're getting. I'll reserve my judgment until I actually hear what they have to offer, though.. but it does sound to have quite a bit of variety. I mean, am I reading this right? Are they having a DJ? Is it live? Man, I've been wanting this for years. 

Message 32 of 60 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Dec 4, 2012

ADAMPwns wrote:

This is beautifful and I will definitely be picking these up. It's not to much if you take into consideration what you're getting. I'll reserve my judgment until I actually hear what they have to offer, though.. but it does sound to have quite a bit of variety. I mean, am I reading this right? Are they having a DJ? Is it live? Man, I've been wanting this for years. 

flush

Message 33 of 60 (303 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 4, 2012
If LOOT really wanted to make amends all they would have to do here is sell the juke at $9.99, and the smaller ones at SMALLER PRICES. $2.99 for small boombox, $3.99 for stereo, etc., and still keep the $19.99 bundle be a small discount for those who want all. FORCING a minimal purchase of $9.99 is a HORRIBLE move. Please consider what I have suggested LOOT. Don't shoot yourself in the foot, very bad form.
Support Forums
Message 34 of 60 (269 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Dec 4, 2012

So much red...its as if the NA community managers are actually speaking to their consumer fanbase for once.

A guy can dream right Smiley Tongue

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 35 of 60 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Maybe Santa will bring something KCC, but then again maybe just coal like usual Smiley Sad
Support Forums
Message 36 of 60 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2672 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

$9.99 is a bit much it seems at least at first for a music player in Home. However when I think of how much I have spent per song from iTunes or Amazon, it's about $1.00 a song. If I buy a CD with 10 to 20 or so songs the price is from $5 to $20 usually.

Tell me that I'm better off playing my iPod or other music player and pretending it's in Home and I won't argue. You're right but others who buy the radios are right too if they want to pay the price.

I haven't listened to the the Loot Yacht radio stations that often but I have listened and enjoyed it. Now if I choose (and I probably will) I can listen to the music in most all of my spaces (apartments). Making believe in a way cus yeah I could use a radio or music player and set it next to the TV set.

Price is higher than I thought. I figured on 3 to 5 bucks a player. (It comes out to less if one buys the bundle but that's not the point.)

I'll probably buy the whole darn bunch at $19 and go ahead and call me a fool. You might be right. I'm a telling you that sometimes I think music has been the ruination of my life, my soul.

When I went to the Loot Radio site with the list of stations, I turned on one on my computer and heard the ending of one of my favourite songs. Maybe that was enuff to make a fool outta' me again. I expect when I get on the PS3 I'll buy the whole bundle of players.

For those who think it's not worth it, then a boycott is indeed in order. What is it, two posts in this thread including mine saying that it's ok, the price? Whew! First song I'll probably hear is Johnny Cash singing "everybody loves a nut" or the Kingston Trio singing "I don't give a **bleep** about a green back dollar, spend it as fast as I can. Just a wailing song and a good guitar, the only things I understand". 

Or maybe music along with brandy is the only thing that ever cared.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 37 of 60 (216 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Dec 4, 2012
After seeing the price, I'm not getting these, but my problem isn't the price itself, it's the fact that most likey, these radios will only play in a fixed radius.

I'm not paying $20 just to huddle in a corner of whatever apt just to listen to the radio.

If they make it so the music plays throughout the entire apt, regardless of size, then I will most definitely buy them, otherwise the price will have to be lowered.

There are several music players that play throughout any apt, proving it can be done (AI BOT, Home Tycoon Music player, Novus Prime music player). If Hellfire and Diesel can do it with those simplistic things, then certainly LOOT can.
Message 38 of 60 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Yes!!!   They are overpriced and not worth it.  How many commentaries saying the same thing does one really need?   Here's a suggestion, put on Home and turn on your radios/ipods and play your own music for your enjoyment without having to pay Sony to put a radio in your personal space and without having to complain about the music choices available.

Message 39 of 60 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

the point to having the radios and TVs is that you and freinds can listen/watch the same thing while in home.  now if only you go to your personal space and never have any friends over, than yeah, just turning on you music player of choice would be the better way to go. 

i'm still under the impression that there is a price error some whereas the EODs were cheaper and the bundle for the radio  is the sharpest discount for a bundle we've seen, unless there are only 2-3 radios in it.

that being said, im going to wait on this and see if the price does indeed drop.  ive been wanting the radio for a while but not buying into it for $10 a pop.  frankly i'd rather play xi: continuum.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 40 of 60 (186 Views)