Wastelander
682 posts

Re: Is $9.99 to much for a LOOT radio?

Dec 4, 2012

I have to second Jo here. A radio device that would play everywhere would be a great thing and I would probably buy one. If it is proximity only then I'm really not interested (bonus points if you make it switchable).

Still confused why Music Unlimited isn't part of the radio appliance, seems like a natural. (of course only if you have current Music Unlimited subscription)

Hirai-san! Are you listening?

Message 21 of 60 (329 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I will not be paying $9.99 for the Loot radio's.  I would only pay that much if I was able to play my own music off of my hdd.  Just because you decreased the slots doesn't mean you can increase the price.  

Message 22 of 60 (324 Views)
Fender Bender
2949 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

not sure why they priced the single radios at $9.99 and the bundled at $19.99.  im thinking somewhere there was an error especially with the EOD's being quite cheaper in comparison

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 23 of 60 (305 Views)
Survivor
2633 posts

Dec 4, 2012
It depends on the exterior design.
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 24 of 60 (284 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4692 posts

Dec 4, 2012
On second thought, I think I'll wait for #freeloot
Message 25 of 60 (268 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

I dont appreciate being forced to pay 19.99 for a bundle that includes 2 (not 1) but 2 pink boomboxes that I will NEVER EVER even use.

I've been saying for months to expect these developers to steadily continue to increase prices simply because the community continues buying their overpriced gadgetry.

In reality all we are doing is paying for their licensing with RadI0 which I suspect places the actual value of each radio to closer to about 4.99 each.

Also there are some who will argue that LOOT gives so much away and yes they do but its a gimmick to keep interest in their company. Its common sense that when interest stops so do sales. But mark my words...if people do not stop supporting these outrageous prices from ALL the developers soon.... then expect to see prices hit the 19.99 mark for personal spaces before the end of next year as well.

Home has taken a dramatic turn from being a community to an open air shopping center and the only people that gain are the vendors and sellers which makes us nothing more than consumers.

Wake UP !

Message 26 of 60 (242 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I know GB

Well you do have to love the "only 19.99". Personally I've been spending too much money lately and this just makes the decision about getting the radios easy for me. I won't be getting them at this point.

I have some GZ buying I'll be doing this week and perhaps some leggings from Codeglue but the radios won't be part of the mix. I too am awaiting the feedback to hear what users have to say. 

I do like the jukebox and might get tempted at some point but I'm certainly not in a rush at the moment and the bundle is certainly off my radar permanently unless they reduce the price. 

And I hope your fossil collecting is going well. Smiley Happy

Right Jo - I'm currently NOT in the position of squandering $19.99 when I can use it, oh say, pay my residential gas bill for December. I would rather attempt to get the LOOT Radio via #freeLoot Friday.

Appearently, the general consensus is that the pricing for this active item, even though the concept is quite nifty, is too much for the BOTH the regular Home user, and well as the casual Home user. Of course, if the price were significantly reduced (please LOOT, please reconsider the pricing and drop it to something MORE reasonable), I'd get it in a heartbeat (with still some money to pay for my residential gas bill).

.... on a lighter note, Jo, due to my academic studies and my impending Finals, I've suspended my fossil collecting until my college semester is over (which is in 2.5 weeks - AH, the end of the semester is in sight!). Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 60 (228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Don't forget that the Loot TV's have had server problems and been down for day's.  So one could assume these same error's will happen witht he radio's as well.

Just something to think about before buying.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 28 of 60 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I agree that $10 for this item is a little steep. But when you think about it, it's an item your going to want to use in you space almost all the time. I know that I'll be placing them in quite afew of my space's. But still it leaves you with little choice here because most people would have liked to buy some of the different styles.

bobs fed signature
Message 29 of 60 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Dec 4, 2012

If the $9.99 Radidio had a vacumn cleaner and toaster and some clothes storage included, I still wouldn't buy it.

At $4.99 I would think about it, and pass anyway. While on Home,  I have all types of music available to me thru my receivor or laptop.

I also do not wish to be at home using my television, to watch a televison in Home.

Televison, radio, flying thru the air, skating, riding animals which when they run look like they have an extreme case of diarrhea, etc .....

after 3 years on Home, I have seen so many of the items, clothes, and personal spaces which were so "popular", so " got to have ', become passe so fast.

Lumie is right tho; as long as the masses rush to buy every week, prices will continue to escalate.

" Whatever the market will bear ".

Consider those $15.00 Millionare suits (whatever they r called) .. they look like some guy went to Walmart and purloined too many monopoly games.  You paid how much ? I don't care if they included 6 different colors, and the money had aniamted naked dancing girls, instead of a pic of Georgie " I cannot tell a lie" .... Developers knew right then and there, that they had captive, and somewhat fiscally irresponsible consumers available to them.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 30 of 60 (194 Views)