Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Re: Is $9.99 to much for a LOOT radio?

Dec 4, 2012

Rip off. Get a year of Music Unlimited for $12.

RadioIO sucks.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 11 of 60 (330 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Going to be interesting listening to those who do buy it and what they think of it. I wonder if the sound is proximity or whether or not it will carry thoughout ones apartment. Having to sit near the radio to listen to it wouldn't be my preference or at the least have the option to do both. 

Message 12 of 60 (324 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

I was looking forward to these especially since it was announced that they reduced the number of slots they take up. At ten bucks a piece, I'll pass and hope the price comes down at some point. I anxiously await the poll and feedback thread for the radios. I hope that the developers DO listen.

Message 13 of 60 (318 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Hmm... It's still in the air for me... 

Box Beats: Dance - 3.99 12 tracks / non-loop / 12 slots

Box Beats: Rock - 3.99 - 12 tracks / loop / 12 slots

7.98 / 24 tracks / 24 slots

Loot Radio: 1 item - 9.99 - ALL genres / non stop audio / 16 slots

Message 14 of 60 (290 Views)
Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Dec 4, 2012

That is laughable! $9.99 for ONE radio? You're better off buying one of their personal spaces for $4.99 that will include movies and music. LAUGHABLE! Highly doubt I'll be buying one at that price. 

Message 15 of 60 (277 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4688 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I'll wait, watch, and listen to feedback first. Lol
Message 16 of 60 (265 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 4, 2012

So many more people would be flying to this deal if it happen right when the oppen beta started.  Also have a hand held MP3 player that you can use in any space.

But yes $9.99 is to much for this deal.  Loot need's to find cooler item's to sell for $9.99 if they what there prices to be that high.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 17 of 60 (257 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Posting originally posted here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/NA-Blog-Bingo-Get-Your-Dauber-Ready-in-PlayS...

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Pricing on the Loot Bundles is here! The bundles aren't cheap. Hmmm. 

https://lootentertainment.com/loot-radios-are-coming/

___

Like music? Been wanting to bust a move in your favorite LOOT™ private or clubhouse space? Well coming this Wednesday, December 5th, you’ll be able to do so with our LOOT Radios!

Enjoy over 60+ streaming music channels from RadioIO such as Alternative Rock, 80′s New Wave, Today’s Pop, Dance, and Metallurgy – hosted by our very own David Sterling. The LOOT Radios will be available for purchase individually at $9.99 each, or as a special 9-piece bundle for only $19.99. So grab your friends, put on your finest dancing shoes, and get the party started this holiday season courtesy of your friends at LOOT Entertainment!

NOTE: Due to contractual and rights agreements, some channels are nation-specific. RadioIO is only available in the United States and Canada. In addition, due to rights issues, countries may not receive the same content selections within the channels. Only one radio or television can be active at a time. The LOOT Radio will work in any private space, unless the space comes with a tv or radio you cannot turn off. 16 slots per Radio.

To discuss our LOOT Radios, please join in the ongoing discussion on our forums here!

WHAT?? I cannot understand why the special 9-piece bundle is priced at a whooping $19.99. I was ecstatic when the ultimate LOOT EOD bundle was released, even though I balked at the $14.99 price point. Once I realized that the bundle had 12 items in it, I could justifiably argue paying $14.99. But why pay so much more for nine items in the ultimate LOOT Radio bundle? If there are any LOOT Devs out there reading this thread, please explain this to me. Thanks in advance!  Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 60 (216 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I know GB

Well you do have to love the "only 19.99". Personally I've been spending too much money lately and this just makes the decision about getting the radios easy for me. I won't be getting them at this point.

I have some GZ buying I'll be doing this week and perhaps some leggings from Codeglue but the radios won't be part of the mix. I too am awaiting the feedback to hear what users have to say. 

I do like the jukebox and might get tempted at some point but I'm certainly not in a rush at the moment and the bundle is certainly off my radar permanently unless they reduce the price. 

And I hope your fossil collecting is going well. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 60 (201 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Dec 4, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

these would be worth it if we could play out own music. but as they are now, no dice.

or even if we could instal game OST's bought from the PS Store to use with the radio.

Not only that, but they also are not commercial free.  I would have considered buying the bundle for no more than $10 so this is a pass for me as well.  I suspect Loot isn't going to be selling many of these as I doubt casual users of Home would even consider for a second to spend $10 on an item that can only be used in personal spaces, and based on the reactions I've seen from those I know who spend a lot of money in Home, they aren't interested at that price either.  

So it makes you wonder who they thought were going to buy these at those prices?

I suspect in the coming months we will see a significant price drop.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 20 of 60 (196 Views)