Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Re: [LKWD] The Nightmare Yacht (OP Updated)

Nov 9, 2013
They should have it set up how juggernaut did their reward with the Christmas stocking. They had a special reward for Christmas and you could get it anytime past Christmas. Lockwood should have done the same. We are getting penalized for enjoying Halloween out in the real world instead of spending it on home to collect a reward. This should have been better thought through on lock woods part. Not sure if I will buy another Lockwood space that is themed around a holiday.
nelsig
Message 171 of 176 (568 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Nov 10, 2013
That is how it should have been.

.... Eagerly waiting for my organ.
Darn u LKWD.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 172 of 176 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Oct 31, 2014
Reminder: the organ reward (which was updated to appear on the 31st of every month that has 31 days) should be available to Nightmare Yacht owners today!

Happy Halloween!

Message 173 of 176 (333 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Oct 31, 2014

I own this space on an alt account. I was never able to get the reward. I have tried on several of the 31st days. Hopefully it will unlock today.

Posted Image

Message 174 of 176 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2473 posts

Oct 31, 2014
I own it as well and missed getting it. When they first released this space. Hope it works out as well. Smiley Happy
 photo UTF-8BaW1hZ2UuanBn.jpg
Message 175 of 176 (268 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2014

ITCOB1 wrote:

I own this space on an alt account. I was never able to get the reward. I have tried on several of the 31st days. Hopefully it will unlock today.

Just curious.  Was anyone able to snag the Haunted Organ yesterday on the 31st?

I believe it used to be that the official "start time" of a Lockwood reward day nominally began: at 5pm PST (4pm PDT) of the previous day (i.e., on October 30th and extended until 5pm PST of October 31st).  Seeing that Lockwood is a British developer, their "reward day" was defined by settings in the UK timezone, starting at 1am BST.  This of course is 8 hours ahead of Pacific Standard, and has caused some inconvenience in the past.

It's possible that Itcob and Wolf may have previously run afoul of the reward day cutoff, if you've been checking for the reward only after 5 pm PST when, according to BST time, it was already November 1st!!!

However, I'm told that the reward period has been modified to follow the "day" defined by a user's timezone on their console, i.e. 12:01 am midnight to 11:59 pm midnight.  This is a much better idea, and I hope it worked out for you.

Now my lingering concern here is whether Lockwood's switch from the Edgecast servers to the Amazon host servers caused any issues with the Nightmare Yacht in specific. Or with any other day-based reward spaces?

Hard to tell, so I can say that they're going to be relying on reports from us in order to sort it out. Smiley Tongue  Feel free to let them know here!

Message 176 of 176 (205 Views)
0 Likes