Sackboy
353 posts

Re: LKWD Feeling Generous?

Jan 13, 2014

All purchases are final, even free ones. If not, I've bought a bunch of crap the last five years I didn't end up liking that they can credit to my account!!!

Message 221 of 262 (529 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 13, 2014

If we're going to be honest here, does anyone really take HSM seriously?

They're nothing more than internet writers, who from what I've seen have far too much time on their hands, if all they can do is worry about what we were doing on these forums.

Does it suck that Lockwood and even Sony lost profit from this? Of course. Does it make us look bad, knowing that majority who do read the forums bought the items anyways when they were priced free? No, I don't think so. Yes, the ones who do read this forum knew about the discounted prices, and I'm sure many of us were going to take interest in them even if they weren't priced for free. Though, the dice just happen to roll and both parties lucked out, and us customers got a chance to indulge in something that has been happening for years on PlayStation Home.

I'm sure many of us who did know the actual error in Sony's ways, still took advantage of the situation. I'll be the first to admit I did as well, and many of my friends did too. It seems every time a situation happens on home, and us forumers take advantage of it, we're getting called out for it on a so called respected "home site" that does nothing more than trash our characters. It doesn't make us bad people, and it's not stealing if the prices were uploaded as "free." It's only stealing in my mind, if the price was there and we were taking things without paying for it. If I remember correctly, there was no price. So why should I feel ashamed for getting the apartments, and clubs for free? 

In the end, Sony slipped up and we shouldn't pay the price for it. I'm not saying Sony deserves to be bashed, or even Lockwood..but pointing fingers at the forum users, over something we had no control over is quite immature.

Message 222 of 262 (464 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2014

In my over 5yrs of playing in home..I remember many times things would be the wrong price,no price, or out right free..It used to be somwhat of a contest and treasure hunt of sorts..Myself i used to love it when we could get on as soon as home came back from an update,Look for deep discounts or errors..Thats not my fault,I dont care what any 1 says.If it was that BIG of  a deal they would have double checked it before hitting send..simple really..I myself think NO 1 should be ashamed or feel bad they took advantage of an error that was not in any way the fault of the consumer..If they see fit ..take it back..to tell ya truth i would'nt miss it..Since i don't go back and forth with any 1 over this stuff  ie..argue...I have no clue what the beef is between forumers and HSM..Don't have time for the silly stuff,got way too many games and gear to play with,not to mention SEVERAL systems at my disposal.I would say enjoy the new spaces and the gear you have,Don't sweat the small stuff,and for pete's sake..HAVE FUN!  Smiley Happy

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 223 of 262 (430 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 13, 2014

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

They're nothing more than internet writers, who from what I've seen have far too much time on their hands, if all they can do is worry about what we were doing on these forums.

Does it suck that Lockwood and even Sony lost profit from this? Of course. Does it make us look bad, knowing that majority who do read the forums bought the items anyways when they were priced free? No, I don't think so. Yes, the ones who do read this forum knew about the discounted prices, and I'm sure many of us were going to take interest in them even if they weren't priced for free. Though, the dice just happen to roll and both parties lucked out, and us customers got a chance to indulge in something that has been happening for years on PlayStation Home.

I'm sure many of us who did know the actual error in Sony's ways, still took advantage of the situation. I'll be the first to admit I did as well, and many of my friends did too. It seems every time a situation happens on home, and us forumers take advantage of it, we're getting called out for it on a so called respected "home site" that does nothing more than trash our characters. It doesn't make us bad people, and it's not stealing if the prices were uploaded as "free." It's only stealing in my mind, if the price was there and we were taking things without paying for it. If I remember correctly, there was no price. So why should I feel ashamed for getting the apartments, and clubs for free? 

In the end, Sony slipped up and we shouldn't pay the price for it. I'm not saying Sony deserves to be bashed, or even Lockwood..but pointing fingers at the forum users, over something we had no control over is quite immature.

You should feel ashamed because you knew you were getting something in error, by your own admission. You had the choice to not take advantage of Sony, but you went ahead and did it anyway.

There's no defense for that type of behavior. It speaks volumes about who you are, and you really ought to strive to be better than that. You can't blame others for pointing out your bad behavior, because they're simply stating a fact. You had a choice, and you made a very self-serving one.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 224 of 262 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jan 13, 2014

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

HSM represents Home/ Sony less than I actually represent being a Sithlord in the Galactic Empire, Bahahaha. If they had a paper version of their page it would be good for lining bird cages and kitty litter boxes though, so it would have use then.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 225 of 262 (355 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 13, 2014

HearItWow wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

You should feel ashamed because you knew you were getting something in error, by your own admission. You had the choice to not take advantage of Sony, but you went ahead and did it anyway.

There's no defense for that type of behavior. It speaks volumes about who you are, and you really ought to strive to be better than that. You can't blame others for pointing out your bad behavior, because they're simply stating a fact. You had a choice, and you made a very self-serving one.

Now now, I didn't post here to be called out by a fellow forum user. If I wanted that, I could go on home and stand around Godfather and get that same type of attitude. I know who I am, and despite taking advantage of it (which I admitted) there's no shame in my game. Not your place to judge me, nor HSM for that matter. If people wanted to be judged, they would sign up for a competition and have at it.

This isn't the time, nor place for people to come in and white knight for Sony, or Lockwood. Sony slipped up, people got free stuff. The end. If Sony decides to take it all away, I won't be affected nor upset. The understanding, or reasoning by why they would want to is pretty clear. 

Message 226 of 262 (340 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 13, 2014

Im not white knighting anyone. What you did was selfish and immoral. End of story, and that's yours to live with.

Anyone who didn't know what was going on made an honest mistake, and that's understandable. You knew exactly what was going on, and you took advantage. That's a great way to kill a business, and it shows that you have no respect for Sony or the developers. Rationalize it any way you want, but it will never be anything more than a selfish, disrespectful and immoral act.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 227 of 262 (322 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jan 13, 2014

HearItWow wrote:

Im not white knighting anyone. What you did was selfish and immoral. End of story, and that's yours to live with.

Anyone who didn't know what was going on made an honest mistake, and that's understandable. You knew exactly what was going on, and you took advantage. That's a great way to kill a business, and it shows that you have no respect for Sony or the developers. Rationalize it any way you want, but it will never be anything more than a selfish, disrespectful and immoral act.

Yeah, I should really cry into my pillow about that 5 dollar apartment the Home purchasing system gave me for free. I'm such a bad person, really. I mean, I must be akin to the types of people that kill small animals for fun. I must be really that sort of person, mustn't I? There's no chance on Earth that someone might be overreacting about the whole situation and behaving irrationally themselves! Smiley Tongue

Yeah I know, if we really wanted these we should wait for them to fix the price. But to be honest there's no white knight points for doing that and it means we have to wait longer to get what we want. If it's free, and the company have been notified but no action has been taken then so be it. You can't seriously except NORMAL human beings to sit and wait for an item that is now free, to be adjusted to it's original price in the name of pro consumerism and +10 internetz. And if you're going to be the big hero, don't forget to go walk around every space in Home and tell "shame on you!" to those people as well.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 228 of 262 (295 Views)
Big Daddy
12496 posts

Jan 13, 2014

jj

Message 229 of 262 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Jan 13, 2014
If Sony cared about home and us as consumers maybe people wouldn't feel guilt free about exploiting them. I took advantage of the spaces I didn't own already and I don't feel bad at all lol calling me a horrible person isn't going to make me feel any different. I purchased the items legally through the store and have also put $4k into home in the little over 2 years I have been using it. Do I feel entitled? in a way yes lol
nelsig
Message 230 of 262 (270 Views)