Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: LKWD Feeling Generous?

Jan 13, 2014
And here I was thinking HSM redeemed themselves not long before the New Year. Nope, I take it back, they're as elitist as ever.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 211 of 262 (387 Views)
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

Jan 13, 2014

I googled ratfink. Apparently we're a bunch of this

Stupid HSM

Message 212 of 262 (374 Views)
Fender Bender
2998 posts

Jan 13, 2014

Most of you responding to this OP are long time and steady forum users. To say that you thought these places were free, when there was a large advertisement right here for their (Lockwood's) 50% off sale on these spaces is fairly ludicrous.

Yes, I took advantage of the pricing error and I'm not pretending I didn't know any better. I guess that makes me a ratfink.

P.S. Mis-pricing something isn't false advertising. As I said, we knew these places were to go on sale last Wednesday at 50% off -- by way of an advertisement.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 213 of 262 (351 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jan 13, 2014

VioletWinds wrote:

Most of you responding to this OP are long time and steady forum users. To say that you thought these places were free, when there was a large advertisement right here for their (Lockwood's) 50% off sale on these spaces is fairly ludicrous.

Yes, I took advantage of the pricing error and I'm not pretending I didn't know any better. I guess that makes me a ratfink.

P.S. Mis-pricing something isn't false advertising. As I said, we knew these places were to go on sale last Wednesday at 50% off -- by way of an advertisement.

Yes Violet

But these spaces were discounted the night before the update and usually when mistake like this is made (nothing as big as this), it has been corrected or taken down by Sony within the hour.  I posted that LKWD was alerted of the mistake at 1am via FaceBook and at 9am Melissa posted a reply in this forum at 5pm these spaces were still in the store for free and I thought they might of decided to leave the spaces in the store for free. 

The bottom line is this WE didn't made the mistake and WE shouldn't be bashed or even held accountable for the mistake make by someone else.  EVEN so we can all agree that if they take it back its no big deal, we had fun whilst it lasted and we move on.

Message 214 of 262 (320 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2014

Windy, You have to remember a lot of the people who also got the spaces don't use the forums. How were they to know of any changes by LockWood or Sony on the matter?

Don't forget, even those of us that you feel are in the know here somewhat in the dark about it too. The people here that did get the spaces knowingly, they haven't stolen anything either as while yes the pricing is indeed in error , consumers were still asked to confirm their purchases and given the same sets of terms and conditions. These Homeys didn't use any exploits, or trickery to get the items, they went through the legitimate means and it was a legitimate sale, whether the price was right or not. It is up to Sony to honor this to LockWood, not us.

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 215 of 262 (316 Views)
Fender Bender
2998 posts

Jan 13, 2014

EdwCarnby wrote:

Windy, You have to remember a lot of the people who also got the spaces don't use the forums. How were they to know of any changes by LockWood or Sony on the matter?

Don't forget, even those of us that you feel are in the know here somewhat in the dark about it too. The people here that did get the spaces knowingly, they haven't stolen anything either as while yes the pricing is indeed in error , consumers were still asked to confirm their purchases and given the same sets of terms and conditions. These Homeys didn't use any exploits, or trickery to get the items, they went through the legitimate means and it was a legitimate sale, whether the price was right or not. It is up to Sony to honor this to LockWood, not us.

You're assuming that I think or meant more than I said. You might want to re-read my post. If not, I really couldn't care.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 216 of 262 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Jan 13, 2014
True, the majority of people Tranny knows got the spaces but never post here.
Message 217 of 262 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 13, 2014

VioletWinds wrote:

The tab itself in Home that led to the spaces said "50% off sale" not "100% off sale".  At least, after the update.  I don't know about the situation before the update because I was not aware of the mistake at that point.

Some people were certainly not in the dark over the reality.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Lockwood-Update-Jannuary-8th/td-p/42665717/p...

I took advantage of the free spaces as well but I knew from the Forum thread and the store tab that it was definitely a mistake.  I'm not saying that Sony would be justified to take back the spaces.  After all, it is their mistake.  But let's be real here.

castle3
Message 218 of 262 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
262 posts

Jan 13, 2014

Tranny_Got_Swag wrote:

SKuLL-_-KaNdY_ wrote:

http://www.hsmagazine.net/2014/01/the-100-dshcount

....seems according to the opinion of some... we forumers are "justifying & ratfinks" i guess

Tranny has the writer of that article added on the main account, she's the type that tries to look at all sides of the issue. That's the only reason why she wrote that. As for the rest of HSM, Tranny doesn't know anything about them but Jin herself is a decent individual.

...I'm not implying the author isn't a good person..In no way did I bash her or toss insults ...but do take a second look at the article ..it is a             direct & unprofessional fingerpointing slam at the forum memebers here.  Every one has bad days and times of poor judgement but how this petty attack ever made it past edit & into print is beyond me..

In taking a look at both sides a proper unbiased & professional perspective must be the protocol. For example her opinion could have been phrased as ' it's my opinion that ANYONE who took advantage of this situation while knowing better' etc...To single out a certain group was plainly in the wrong..

I can guarantee there were members from that publication & forum who did indeed take advantage of the situation..

..again I'm not saying the author is a bad person by any means as I don't know her & I'm not judgemental..but that article should never have made publication or could have included the disclaimer: 'the opinions expressed are those of the participant & do not reflect those of HSM' ..instead it was let to run..

A Citizen of Anor Londo..
Message 219 of 262 (212 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jan 13, 2014
You have more in common with Jin than I think you realise, Tranny! Smiley Very Happy

@conrad_max

Message 220 of 262 (210 Views)
0 Likes