Wastelander
571 posts

Re: Kings of Spun & Spuno'ween Update!!!

Nov 1, 2013

yes  theres plenty of ppl bummed out,  it would make a lotta sense to put it out another day.  if i didnt have a job  id have a broom.  mistakes undrstandable, but the treasure hunters are not to happy n the brooms pretty kool, can we plz get another day.

Message 41 of 88 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
204 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Is there any chance that changing the time zone of your ps3 will work? And if so, can anyone confirm what time and zone the reward appeared during?

Message 42 of 88 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Madmunki Official
158 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Oh no. Plenty of ppl being bummed out is not good! Most unspun...

We might have an idea though -  So we have to submit a (minor) bug fix for the Spunland Relocator reward item (you can win it with spun points - it costs a lot, though i cannnot remember how many off hand - incidentally the bug with it is that it is too big for the basic apartment), I was hoping to do this next week - well we could possibly add some functionality to it so that  you have the choice to visit Spunland in Spuno'ween mode? I'm not saying we would definitely do this (I have to do a test to see if it is possible) , but possibly - That way anyone who particularly wanted to see the Spuno'ween version, or get the reward because they missed it could, only they would have to collect enough spun points to get the relocator first. What do you all think?

Or potentially for a limited time we make it so if you visit Spunland after a certain (local) time, say after 9pm or so it is in Spuno'ween mode - if we do this, the soonest it would go live would be the 20th of November...

Anyway, other suggestions are welcome.

madmunkid

p.s. changing the time on your PS3 won't work - as like I say, the time is from server time...

uncleSpun.png

Message 43 of 88 (296 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

@madmunkid

Why not add a teleporter inside the Spunland space that relocates you to Spuno'ween server for a limited time? 

Edit: Just saw Mad's reply, why not add the ability to reward the users the Broom LMO upon enter of the space?

And for people who want to enter the Spuno'ween part, why not add a free teleporter in the store that you can place in your apartment that allows you to visit the Spuno'ween space for a limited time and then just deactivate it and set it so no one can favorite the space.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 44 of 88 (263 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Nov 1, 2013

madmunkid wrote:

We might have an idea though -  So we have to submit a (minor) bug fix for the Spunland Relocator reward item (you can win it with spun points - it costs a lot, though i cannnot remember how many off hand - incidentally the bug with it is that it is too big for the basic apartment), I was hoping to do this next week - well we could possibly add some functionality to it so that  you have the choice to visit Spunland in Spuno'ween mode? I'm not saying we would definitely do this (I have to do a test to see if it is possible) , but possibly - That way anyone who particularly wanted to see the Spuno'ween version, or get the reward because they missed it could, only they would have to collect enough spun points to get the relocator first. What do you all think?

Or potentially for a limited time we make it so if you visit Spunland after a certain (local) time, say after 9pm or so it is in Spuno'ween mode - if we do this, the soonest it would go live would be the 20th of November...

madmunkid

p.s. changing the time on your PS3 won't work - as like I say, the time is from server time...

uncleSpun.png

I think you should do the second idea you mentioned. I don't think it's fair that people have to spend their Spundland points to get a reward that everyone else got for free.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 88 (261 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11828 posts

Nov 1, 2013

madmunkid wrote:

We might have an idea though -  So we have to submit a (minor) bug fix for the Spunland Relocator reward item (you can win it with spun points - it costs a lot, though i cannnot remember how many off hand - incidentally the bug with it is that it is too big for the basic apartment), I was hoping to do this next week - well we could possibly add some functionality to it so that  you have the choice to visit Spunland in Spuno'ween mode?

It costs 99,999 points. No one in their right mind would go for this. Actually having the space like that for only one day wasn't the greatest idea anyway.

Anyone who worked all day then had to come home to take their kids trick or treating certainly didn't have any time for Home yesterday.

Message 46 of 88 (247 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Actually I have the Spun Transporter Portal Item that costs 99999 Spun points and yes, it is HUEG. I do not mind either idea but I like whatever means people can get the Broom Broom quickest. If you went with the Transporter idea though for the record I would have no problem allowing people to access Spun O Ween through my portal Smiley Happy
Support Forums
Message 47 of 88 (230 Views)
Madmunki Official
158 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Ouchie. Well we just thought it would be a nice idea to have it that way just for halloween even though it was no small amount of work for us (violins out), and I suspect it wouldn't have been a problem if I had not made the assumption about server time (sorry again).

As to being out of your mind to go for 99,999 spun points - surely not if you actually enjoy the experience of gaining the points rather than just getting the reward?

However I take your point - and much as I like smoking pistol's idea of people sharing relocators (it is a social medium after all), I think we'll opt for having it Spuno'ween after 9pm local time, or something similar - but we will only have this live for a few weeks - so will post on the forums etc once it is done - although we are still open to suggestions - so keep them coming - oh, and Soulycon thanks for that idea - but due to the way Spunland is setup when you start that would actually be a really complex job...

oh incidentally I'll be at the YourPSHome Halloween party this evening if you want to come along and chat more on this or any other spun subject...

madmunkid

uncleSpun.png

Message 48 of 88 (211 Views)
I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Nov 1, 2013

madmunkid wrote:

We might have an idea though -  So we have to submit a (minor) bug fix for the Spunland Relocator reward item (you can win it with spun points - it costs a lot, though I cannot remember how many off hand - incidentally the bug with it is that it is too big for the basic apartment), I was hoping to do this next week - well we could possibly add some functionality to it so that  you have the choice to visit Spunland in Spuno'ween mode? I'm not saying we would definitely do this (I have to do a test to see if it is possible) , but possibly - That way anyone who particularly wanted to see the Spuno'ween version, or get the reward because they missed it could, only they would have to collect enough spun points to get the relocator first. What do you all think?

madmunkid

uncleSpun.png

Greetings madmunkid! First, I think its great that you guys are trying to come up with a resolution to this problem. That's what customer service is all about! My suggestion would be to put Broom Broom in your store under the LMO section for Free for a limited time. I think that would be one of the simplest ways to get it to people without having them do anything extra. Spuno'ween was awesome and I would love to see it as a permanent addition but changing the current Spunland to another mode at a specific time may confuse people who are not familiar with Spunland already.

Therefore adding it to the portal would make the portal reward more desirable, more attractive and definitely worth the 99,999 points to acquire it.  Doing it this way makes all of the people who feel left out of the Spuno'ween/Broom Broom happy, as well as, adds a extended Spunland universe for people to work towards.

On a side note: I loved Spuno'ween so much I would love to see it as a selectable option at the Spunland cottage, like a day/night switch. But instead of day/night, original cottage/Spuno'ween cottage.

Thank you so much for trying to fix this for those who missed out!

Have a Spun Day!

Message 49 of 88 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Nov 1, 2013

GreyNeo wrote:

madmunkid wrote:

We might have an idea though -  So we have to submit a (minor) bug fix for the Spunland Relocator reward item (you can win it with spun points - it costs a lot, though I cannot remember how many off hand - incidentally the bug with it is that it is too big for the basic apartment), I was hoping to do this next week - well we could possibly add some functionality to it so that  you have the choice to visit Spunland in Spuno'ween mode? I'm not saying we would definitely do this (I have to do a test to see if it is possible) , but possibly - That way anyone who particularly wanted to see the Spuno'ween version, or get the reward because they missed it could, only they would have to collect enough spun points to get the relocator first. What do you all think?

madmunkid

uncleSpun.png

Greetings madmunkid! First, I think its great that you guys are trying to come up with a resolution to this problem. That's what customer service is all about! My suggestion would be to put Broom Broom in your store under the LMO section for Free for a limited time. I think that would be one of the simplest ways to get it to people without having them do anything extra. Spuno'ween was awesome and I would love to see it as a permanent addition but changing the current Spunland to another mode at a specific time may confuse people who are not familiar with Spunland already.

Therefore adding it to the portal would make the portal reward more desirable, more attractive and definitely worth the 99,999 points to acquire it.  Doing it this way makes all of the people who feel left out of the Spuno'ween/Broom Broom happy, as well as, adds a extended Spunland universe for people to work towards.

On a side note: I loved Spuno'ween so much I would love to see it as a selectable option at the Spunland cottage, like a day/night switch. But instead of day/night, original cottage/Spuno'ween cottage.

Thank you so much for trying to fix this for those who missed out!

Have a Spun Day!

That's a very good idea, Neo. I second that option. Woman Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 50 of 88 (196 Views)