Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Re: Kingdom of the Skies (Rewards/Spoilers)

Jul 14, 2013

Shirobara- wrote:

Good evening! The guide on page 5 has been updated 

Just a suggestion - like myself, a lot of people change their forum settings so that they see more than 10 posts a page, so when I refer to a post, I just say the actual Post # (#50 in your case) and link, as it's easier for people to find it that way.

Great job BTW compiling all of this!

One thing I noticed though is that you have the Monkey companion as also being available in the clubhouse space, which I have a hard time believing is the case.

The reason for that, besides just anecdotally where I and my friends have all only gotten it at the Public space, is that no reward (other than obviously the Trails effects) has been made available in more than one of the Skies spaces.  They all have their own set of exclusive rewards.

Also LKWD already said that the Clubhouse has 14 possible rewards, and if you include the Monkey, then it adds up to 15, not 14.

Now it is certainly possible that LKWD made a mistake about the 14 reward, and made an exception in just this one reward (excluding the Trails effects of course) by making it available in more than one space, and that while unlikely, it just so happens all of the people I know only got it from the public space... But it just seems very unlikely.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 131 of 198 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jul 14, 2013

@shiro I received the white monkey as a reward from the public space

pheonixgate1 wrote:

D-NItrate, I assume you've got everything Jewel has to offer, including the lightning atmosphere. Do you remember how long it took? Or do you remember how many yellow gems it asked for when you won it? I've been trying FOREVER, and I've had it since the day it was released.

Also, just a note: I've looked in the Lockwood Store and the Ameerah and Sultan clothing items are missing, as are the original Jewel Theif costumes. The Ameerah, Indigo, and Mystic rugs LMOs are gone, and so it the Jewel furniture pack. They are not in the store @ the public space, nor in Jewel or Haven. Anyone know what's up?

Not sure about the outfits or furniture but the LMO's are in the boosters store.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 132 of 198 (259 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Also, you might want to add to your guide that the locations of each jewel is exactly the same for all three spaces.  The only difference is the color of the rarest jewels:

Private = Yellow

Public = White

Club = Pink

So once you find a path that works best for you to collect the most amount of gems the fastest, you can repeat that path in all three spaces.

Also, the rarest jewels take the longest to regenerate (red ones regenerate the fastest) and unlike the red and blue jewels, the rarest jewels will often not be in all of their designated locations (7 spots), and thus they take the longest to collect.

The point values are

1 for each Red

2 for each Blue

10 for each Yellow, White or Pink

Also, you can not hold more than 99 of any one type of jewel, so if you reach 99, best to just land and deposit the extra gems and then go back to collecting again.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 133 of 198 (253 Views)
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

Left4Dinner, if you own Jewel of the Skies, and you visit a friend who ALSO owns Jewel, you can earn some additional rewards. I believe they are all furniture items. The harem room divider - indigo, an ottoman - cerulean, the arabian royalty throne - cerulean, and a vase(?). (I don't actually have the vase, but I've seen it. I just wasn't interesting enough to waste more of my friend's time, LOL).

Shirobara, I own Jewel and Haven. I believe I got the Plinth in the Clubhouse, but I could be wrong. If memory serves, some of the furniture items have shown up in both the Public and Clubhouse spaces for me, so perhaps for owners, they are available in both spaces? I'm pretty sure the concept art is exclusive to Public space. Not sure about anything else (has anyone earned the white monkey from the Clubhouse?).

I noticed that my Jewel stash is linking to the other community stash. I think Lockwood was referring to the new items, as someone already mentioned.

Also, about the crashing: I noticed that when I'm wearing the 'flying petals' accessory (won from the lockwood Dragon Egg event a while back) I don't get kicked out of the game as often. Today I didn't wear it at all and got booted 4 times. The last two days the game merely froze, or was broken when the space loaded. -Might be a coincidence, but I'm wearing it in the public space from now on. LOL

An interesting side note: if you visit a friend's Jewel space (and you are a Jewel owner), you get another full 3 wishes (pretty much just to earn the 'friend rewards', but I didn't try this until after I had earned all of the furniture rewards, so a new buyer will have to test this). So I wonder, if you own Haven and you are a member of a club whose clubhouse skin is ALSO Haven, do you get another 3 wishes? I know a friend who does, but they are not online. I will check on this as soon as I am able.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 134 of 198 (249 Views)
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Jul 14, 2013
If you collect 99 of all 3 jewel types, then you make a much higher contribution to the community stash.

They also stack up if you're playing Genie Wishes mini game. I've actually didn't have to collect more since I already had enough left over from the previous wish.
Message 135 of 198 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

pheonixgate1 wrote:

Left4Dinner, if you own Jewel of the Skies, and you visit a friend who ALSO owns Jewel, you can earn some additional rewards. I believe they are all furniture items. The harem room divider - indigo, an ottoman - cerulean, the arabian royalty throne - cerulean, and a vase(?). (I don't actually have the vase, but I've seen it. I just wasn't interesting enough to waste more of my friend's time, LOL).

This is the first I have ever heard of any "additional rewards".

Here are all the item rewards from the Jewel of the Skies that owners get from playing in any Jewel of the Skies space:

JewelSkiesRewards.jpg

So which additional rewards are there that are not shown here and can only be gotten as a guest at someone's Jewel of the Skies space?  And how did you confirm this is true?

pheonixgate1 wrote:

Shirobara, I own Jewel and Haven. I believe I got the Plinth in the Clubhouse, but I could be wrong. If memory serves, some of the furniture items have shown up in both the Public and Clubhouse spaces for me, so perhaps for owners, they are available in both spaces? I'm pretty sure the concept art is exclusive to Public space. Not sure about anything else. 

Item rewards are exclusive to each space.  The confusion may be because some of the items look similar.

The_Dukenator wrote:
If you collect 99 of all 3 jewel types, then you make a much higher contribution to the community stash.

No - it's the opposite.  Once you reach 99 of any gem you do not get any credit for additional gems collected while flying past 99.  Seeing as you can collect 10 times as many reds as you can the rare ones (yellow, white or pink), by the time you collected 99 rare ones you would have still only get credit for just 99 reds even though you likely would have collected 1,000 of them during that lengthy session... Thus losing out on 900 points!  Not to mention all the blues that you wont get credit for beyond the first 99.

The_Dukenator wrote:
They also stack up if you're playing Genie Wishes mini game. I've actually didn't have to collect more since I already had enough left over from the previous wish.

Yes, that's been stated before... But they DO NOT stack up once you reach 99.  After that you get NO CREDIT for additional gems collected of that type.

So if you want to contribute the most amount of points the fastest - ALWAYS deposit your gems when one of them reaches 99.  Otherwise you are throwing away valuable points.

"Like it never happened"

Message 136 of 198 (235 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jul 14, 2013

pheonixgate1 wrote:

Thanks for reminding me.  I never got the vase.

reward.PNG

http://pshomegazette.com/2012/12/12/the-jewel-of-the-skies/

Message 137 of 198 (223 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Thanks for the addiitonal info, I wonder why after all this time AZ4 and other resources still have made no mention of these "guest" rewards.

So is it just these four items?

"Like it never happened"

Message 138 of 198 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jul 14, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Thanks for the addiitonal info, I wonder why after all this time AZ4 and other resources still have made no mention of these "guest" rewards.

So is it just these four items?

As far as I know that's it.  I forgot all about them but when pheonixgate1 mentioned them, I remembered having to visit a friends after I would complete my daily wishes when the personal space first came out for these extra rewards.

Message 139 of 198 (210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Jul 14, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

No - it's the opposite.  Once you reach 99 of any gem you do not get any credit for additional gems collected while flying past 99.  Seeing as you can collect 10 times as many reds as you can the rare ones (yellow, white or pink), by the time you collected 99 rare ones you would have still only get credit for just 99 reds even though you likely would have collected 1,000 of them during that lengthy session... Thus losing out on 900 points!  Not to mention all the blues that you wont get credit for beyond the first 99.

The_Dukenator wrote:

Yes, that's been stated before... But they DO NOT stack up once you reach 99.  After that you get NO CREDIT for additional gems collected of that type.

So if you want to contribute the most amount of points the fastest - ALWAYS deposit your gems when one of them reaches 99.  Otherwise you are throwing away valuable points.

There's a reason for the 99 gem cap.

Message 140 of 198 (209 Views)
0 Likes