Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Kind of sick of the specialty items on regions!

Nov 1, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Bunni4u08 wrote:

I know. i know theyre trying. Its just frustrating and it is sad because there is so much they could do to promote all of those new games and more.  But thank you for explaining atleast  why there doing that. but our devs need to kick it up a notch!

I wish they would too. Its their job to seek out and get game developers to promote their games, not ours to gripe about it. I had a slight glimmer of hope when e3 was here back in the summer of this year, plenty of game related items being given out then. They need to do more on top of that, everyone loves that stuff. 

They might as well give the controls to Lockwood or Juggernaut, they seem to do a better job with keeping Home interesting.

And dont forget Granzella

And them, Granzella's proving themselves to be a well-respected developer as well.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 11 of 26 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Yeah but im one of many MANy people who do go Bananas for that type of stuff but were overlooked and forgotten.  Yeah Anime is a culture difference but its the same way with video games and the US we get games like shooters and other games that are all equally awesome but our selection of RPGS Suck we get bare minimum we get final fantasy and a couple strategy based RPGS but what about all of the RPGS NOT RELEASED TO AMERICA. You know its like they all play favorites but if Home or even video game industries could just share not be greedy and get together they make soooo much more money and appeal to a different selection of people.

Message 12 of 26 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

Bunni4u08 wrote:

thats a pretty crappy Hoot terminater is overrated! thats bogus they need to get there butts together and realize they  would make more money if they all worked as a team and shared those stupid rights.

Get off my planet....

Message 13 of 26 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Bunni4u08 wrote:

thats a pretty crappy Hoot terminater is overrated! thats bogus they need to get there butts together and realize they  would make more money if they all worked as a team and shared those stupid rights.

At least the third parties are trying. They don't run the software, blame the NA developers for the lack of movie and game content in Home.

Seeing the amount of "original" content we get in Home I really do think the days of game related content and promotions are just about over with. Sad really, tons of games coming out with the last month and nothing to help promote it in Home. Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Dead or Alive 5, to name a few. 

It is sad really. I used to think that Home was the perfect platform on the PS3 to promote some of the console's biggest titles. I had a bad feeling when EA left tbh--there are obviously still some unanswered questions about what happened with them, but it seems to me that was a pivotal turning point for Home. Yes, there have been some TGI's since for bigger games, but I still believe that something happened there that we will never know about in terms of the relationship between the big game developer industry and Home.

My gut tells me that it is such a nuisance to deal with Sony/Home Mgt. (and probably very expensive) that established developers see no real need to be bothered with it. They can advertise in various other ways and also save themselves the hassles and expense of dealing with Sony directly.....and the technical issues in Home. Beyond that, as I have said before, I don't think the big developers see a real incentive to produce content for Home when what they really want is for gamers to be buying and playing their games, not spending their time in Home. There could also be so many other reasons--among them I would imagine, an impending announcement about a PS4 and whether or not Home will even be a part of that.

Just my thoughts. Whatever the case, it's a shame and I don't think we will see the return of any big developers at this point either. Basically, the way I see it, Home is now a training ground for fledgling developers trying to gain experience and a foothold in the industry....and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it sure would be nice to see the big hitters involved too. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 14 of 26 (212 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 1, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Its all about contracts and rights. Their developers make deals with companies to create and bring content into Home. Unless our devs make those same deals we'll NEVER see cool content like that in our Home. 

At this point I don't think our devs care. Seems the third parties give a hoot at least (Terminator 2 for example). 

I dont really get the "contracts and rights"   the thing is, its all HOME.  I dont understand why theres exclusives. All content should be universal, like SONY is. i know i would enjoy my home experiences more if i was able to participate in ALL home events/access to all content. And that would cut down on the alternate accounts in different regions which are not allowed.

PLEASE MAKE HOME INTERNATIONAL and just add in the correct currency of each region.

FevaArena was global so it is possible.

Message 15 of 26 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Bunni4u08 wrote:

Yeah but im one of many MANy people who do go Bananas for that type of stuff but were overlooked and forgotten.  Yeah Anime is a culture difference but its the same way with video games and the US we get games like shooters and other games that are all equally awesome but our selection of RPGS Suck we get bare minimum we get final fantasy and a couple strategy based RPGS but what about all of the RPGS NOT RELEASED TO AMERICA. You know its like they all play favorites but if Home or even video game industries could just share not be greedy and get together they make soooo much more money and appeal to a different selection of people.

It's all about money. Localizing and distributing stuff cost alot of money, and sometimes even make a company go bankrupt just because they thought the market was big, but turned out it was small. Recently there have been alot of companies having trouble financially and withdrawing production or distribution from the US.

In other words, the voice coming from a small population may be big, but in reality not enough to make a business.

Message 16 of 26 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Bunni4u08 wrote:

RPG's suck. They really do.

01000111011011110010000001100110011101010110001101101011001000000111100101101111011101010111001001110011011001010110110001100110
Message 17 of 26 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

pmpschneid wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Its all about contracts and rights. Their developers make deals with companies to create and bring content into Home. Unless our devs make those same deals we'll NEVER see cool content like that in our Home. 

At this point I don't think our devs care. Seems the third parties give a hoot at least (Terminator 2 for example). 

I dont really get the "contracts and rights"   the thing is, its all HOME.  I dont understand why theres exclusives. All content should be universal, like SONY is. i know i would enjoy my home experiences more if i was able to participate in ALL home events/access to all content. And that would cut down on the alternate accounts in different regions which are not allowed.

PLEASE MAKE HOME INTERNATIONAL and just add in the correct currency of each region.

FevaArena was global so it is possible.

Licensed stuff, such as anime and movie stuff, the parent company usually leases the usage rights to another company in outer regions so that company can do the business for them rather than doing it themselves in that region. So typically there could be alot of different companies per region taking responsibility and controling the same stuff in the world. Depending on what contract was done with the parent company, they may have full or partial control on what they can do for that region and could have different contracts.

So for example, if say some company wanted to release something in Home universally, but the material have all these leased license holders across the world, they need to talk to all of them. For old stuff, most of these leases probably are expired, so going through negotiations maybe alot easier, like Terminator 2.

FevaArena is controlled by FIFA, and Sony is one of the biggest sponsor partner for that WorldCup. Sony was able to use anything to promote it. And the lounges were pretty much made simple to avoid anything that could become a problem between regions. Completely different situation.

Message 18 of 26 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Yeah USA Home hasn't had anything good since Street Fighter and Tekken in 2009 and a Few Star Wars in 2010  Since then they have gone down hill. They think OH were going up and up but they have no idea what there talkin' about!

There's no Reason why USA Home could not get us some UK and Japan cloths here.

UK Costumes we Need here... Halloween Frankenstein!  Werewolf!  Witch!  Ghost!

From Japan: Hatsune Miku and many other Anime outfits!

WAKE up USA Home those places have em' we Want em!  Get them to us!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 19 of 26 (134 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11107 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Bunni4u08 wrote:

Ok so really getting tired of this our selection isnt always that great but come on why cant half the items  be even for everyone. Japan only gets awesome anime outfits for  premiers  like neon genesis evengalion  or a unicorn gundum outfit. atleast let us have a chance to buy those items or something

There is a real easy sollution to your problem.

1. Make a JP account.

2. Buy a Yen PSN Card.

3. Spend away

Message 20 of 26 (114 Views)