Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Killzone Shadow Fall at the Hub

Oct 25, 2013
Personally I am tired of FPS games and am worried about all the delays. I also worry about quality of the machine itslef. I have so many PS3 games to play I don't need a PS4. Let's hope they at least keep Home on the PS3.
Message 11 of 22 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

mcnichoj wrote:

Tranny_Got_Swag wrote:
Odd how you can order a PS4 game from the comfort of Home yet whether or not we will see Home on PS4 continues to remain unanswered.

No preorder bonus costume for Home like the previous two console Killzone games, so safe to assume Home isn't coming to PS4 at launch.

That last part of the sentence is pretty important.

Correct... no Home content at all.  Same as the Ratchet & Clank promo statue.  Until Sony and the other companies see value in creating game related Home content and not just sales & promo kiosks - this will likely never change.

At least EU Home gets some game related content.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 12 of 22 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Oct 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Until Sony and the other companies see value in creating game related Home content and not just sales & promo kiosks - this will likely never change.

Since most gamers think Home is pointless, where is the value in a developer spending resources to create digital schwag that only a handful of their customers will care about?

Is it fair to be upset with Sony and game studios for remaining practical?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 13 of 22 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Oct 26, 2013
I have the preorder killzone 2 outfits, that was the greatest preorder outfit we got so far. I used to rock it all the time. I love the gas mask. Glitched great with vegas mask. Think i may wear it for old times sake....
Message 14 of 22 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Oct 26, 2013

asfghjklEU wrote:

I don't think it has anything to do with Home's future. If marketing something at the Hub has anything to do with Home then how about Totino, Slim Jim, and other promos? Does that mean Home will have something with them also? Don't think so.

Those promotions on Home gave Home rewards, how is that not having to do something with Home?

Rivets72 wrote:
Personally I am tired of FPS games and am worried about all the delays. I also worry about quality of the machine itslef. I have so many PS3 games to play I don't need a PS4. Let's hope they at least keep Home on the PS3.

Nice crazy off-topic rant. Home has not been announced for PS4 and I don't think it will ever leave PS3 until all PS3 support is gone.
=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 15 of 22 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Oct 26, 2013

iThe killzone 3 event on home in central plaza was one of the immersive events everset foot on home and the rewards were great too from DLC pack for game and ISA costume for home. Even amazon preorder killzone jetpack costume was a really nice touch. Guerrilla really went out to market killzone 3 even team up with 711 to give away a few Exclusives rewards. The sad thing about home is a alot these game developers have compete home developers what turn out stuff each week and most people just get rewards and never wear the item. I know people who preorder games just so they get home costume and never play game because they just wanted the costume. If I was running home I would cut back weekly events to once every two weeks and if a game developer had something to market like Guerrilla then they be given a Exclusives mouth were they can host event in space they make give away rewards were no other developers release there items till event over. But I honestly think home has become a place all about the dollars to be made and you just have look at each week update and you hardly see something from Sony or Big Game Company. So if home come to PS4, I hope sony do some new fresh with it then using it as a day\night center for people who not much into games.

Message 16 of 22 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Those promotions on Home gave Home rewards, how is that not having to do something with Home?

Rivets72 wrote:

Nice crazy off-topic rant. Home has not been announced for PS4 and I don't think it will ever leave PS3 until all PS3 support is gone.

Home's base would have to be rebuilt to work on PS4, but I do not see that happening anytime soon.  Maybe in a year or so, they'll give details if Home is going to PS4.  Plus if you buy something on PS3 Home, would it wok on PS4 Home and the opposite?  No idea on this at all.

Message 17 of 22 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Oct 26, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:

Home's base would have to be rebuilt to work on PS4, but I do not see that happening anytime soon.  Maybe in a year or so, they'll give details if Home is going to PS4.  Plus if you buy something on PS3 Home, would it wok on PS4 Home and the opposite?  No idea on this at all.

They will be streaming PS3 games in the future and they already did a patch that uploaded our items server side, who's to say they don't patch it to optimize streaming on the PS4? The PS3/Vita stores are connected as are the games and DLC, don't see it any different from that.
=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 18 of 22 (142 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:

I probably didn't explain enough. If some people think promoting something like the PS4 games in Home gives an indication that Home will be on PS4, then how does the other promos mean for Home? Do their products going to bring something that gives access to Home, like by using Clearasil you'll be able to jump into Home? Kind of wishful thinking. A promo is just a promo, nothing more.

I think Home is too complex to have a "native" software on the PS4. It's just like bringing the PS2 eco-system to the PS3 eco-system. Was 100% of it carried over? Games inorder to be ported needed re-programming, some being emulated, some being left behind, some being remade, etc. And many changes in company and devs occured between the PS2 and PS3 generation, some were the same, some merged, some went backrupt, some left the game industry, etc. Home's condition differs, but I don't think it's that much different.

Perhaps Gaikai might solve it since it's using streaming technology that can bring PS3 games to be played on different platforms (software is done server side, we only need a device to stream the video from it). Sony hasn't shown what Gaikai's capability or limitation is, so we'll have to wait and see if Home qualifies, but I think this is the only solution to have Home be playable on the PS4.

Message 19 of 22 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Oct 26, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Since most gamers think Home is pointless, where is the value in a developer spending resources to create digital schwag that only a handful of their customers will care about?

Is it fair to be upset with Sony and game studios for remaining practical? 

It is fair to be upset with Sony for turning Home into something that they and other devs feel is pointless to make game related content for.  It didn't use to be that way, and doesn't have to be that way, but based on many poor decisions by Sony it has become that way.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 20 of 22 (114 Views)
0 Likes