Sackboy
262 posts

Re: Kids Are Curious

Oct 31, 2013

..at the far end of the spectrum real psycological damage does happen with online & virtual bullying   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

the above is a rare & sad example (this was in no way connected with PSNHome)..but the statistics of this kind of casualty and lesser emotional harm is unknown.  We don't interact with NPC's on PSHome..they are the same people who make up our populace in real ...for better & for worse.  I do kno predators make their way into Home..I've seen it & experienced it. However this is about dealing with it  in whatever fashion works for u to cope or hand out lessons/ punishment and this topic is supportive for others reading & looking for solutions. I agree with everyone's approach on handling it because it works for them.

A Citizen of Anor Londo..
Message 51 of 81 (223 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

i feel no guilt. as i've said countless times on the forums...learn to distinguish the internet from reality. sure, it's not really "nice" but someone who feels victimized on the internet has nobody but themselves to blame. it's not the real world - you aren't constrained by limitations of mobility, finances or relationships. on the internet you have ignore lists and the capacity to just ignore pixels on a screen. it's not even remotely like the oppression of women in the past.

to clarify, the big difference is the actual depth of interaction. oppression in the past treated women like property. this was a very physical act of ownership by trading them. on the internet? what? some guy sits in front of your AVATAR, something that doesn't even have physical or emotional ramifications and that's suddenly an extension of neglecting women's right to choose who they love or choose what they want to do?

yeah - not a chance in hell, pal.

get over it.

For once, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Message 52 of 81 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Oct 31, 2013

SKuLL-_-KaNdY_ wrote:

..at the far end of the spectrum real psycological damage does happen with online & virtual bullying   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

the above is a rare & sad example (this was in no way connected with PSNHome)..but the statistics of this kind of casualty and lesser emotional harm is unknown.  We don't interact with NPC's on PSHome..they are the same people who make up our populace in real ...for better & for worse.  I do kno predators make their way into Home..I've seen it & experienced it. However this is about dealing with it  in whatever fashion works for u to cope or hand out lessons/ punishment and this topic is supportive for others reading & looking for solutions. I agree with everyone's approach on handling it because it works for them.

there is a large leap between what most people experience and amanda todd's story. primarily one of which amanda todd was actually being stalked, like people knew her home address, and she sent **bleep** pics out over the internet that haunted her. the entirely different foundation for her story is grasping at straws when trying to understand cyberbu//ying.

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 53 of 81 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Oct 31, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:

i feel no guilt. as i've said countless times on the forums...learn to distinguish the internet from reality. sure, it's not really "nice" but someone who feels victimized on the internet has nobody but themselves to blame. it's not the real world - you aren't constrained by limitations of mobility, finances or relationships. on the internet you have ignore lists and the capacity to just ignore pixels on a screen. it's not even remotely like the oppression of women in the past.

to clarify, the big difference is the actual depth of interaction. oppression in the past treated women like property. this was a very physical act of ownership by trading them. on the internet? what? some guy sits in front of your AVATAR, something that doesn't even have physical or emotional ramifications and that's suddenly an extension of neglecting women's right to choose who they love or choose what they want to do?

yeah - not a chance in hell, pal.

get over it.

For once, I'm inclined to agree with you.

you didn't agree with me before? yet this is agreeable? it's always been the same principle: distinguish internet from reality, understand causality and "log off is your friend."

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 54 of 81 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

hannah-goes-rawr wrote:
you didn't agree with me before?

Nope.
Sorry if it appeared as if I understood you in your last post. All to mislead.
Not all trolls are obvious.
Message 55 of 81 (203 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Differance between Amanda Todd case and 99% of the topic of this thread is being bullied, stalked harrassed.. Basically forced into killing herself basically.. That's what I stand against is... Perverts.. Well let's just say wouldn't be a mom if I wasn't one..
its sticky and ickey
Message 56 of 81 (196 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Lol autocorrect.. "That's what I stand against, not perverts.." Corrected
its sticky and ickey
Message 57 of 81 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 31, 2013
*gives up with mobile site and returns to rolling out off the sofa*.
its sticky and ickey
Message 58 of 81 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Let me clarify. And maybe no one will understand as always. Women have been victims and subjected to all kinds of cruelty for centurys. That is something that they had accepted for many, many years. That is an absolute fact. It is only in the last century or two that they have been standing up for their rights and becomings full citizens of our wonderful society. 

Unfortunately, sadly, some folks are now "victimizing" woman via the internet. But many people brush off being upset as being weak and silly. So once again, many women find themselves alone and victimize.

But it's not only women. Men and children are also victimized. But clearly some people don't care. And they won't until it hapens to them or someone they love.

Not only victimizing women on the internet is a popular sport for some punks, but so is victimizing people of other faiths and races. But we should all look the other way, according to some participants in this discussion.

Pat yourselves on the back.

That's it. I'll be there for you, even if you won't be here for me (or anyone who asks for help). Take care, everyone. Have a safe and happy Halloween.

Time for bed. Ciao!

Complete global saturation.
Message 59 of 81 (189 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Oct 31, 2013

I think this whole thread needs to be closed..

People are comparing a noob spamming "Hello"  to an anonymous female virtual avatar on PS Home to post an actual girl's naked photos on her school mates' facebooks and/or raping and subjugating females.

j

Just imagine,.. one Public space away; Rape , Death and Psychological manipulation await!

Be afraid..very afraid...

Message 60 of 81 (184 Views)