Jun 05 2007
By: LastGunslinger Gaming Beast 2153 posts

Just curious...

12 replies 23 views Edited Jun 5, 2007
Everyone on this forum seems to desperately want into the Home beta.  I was just curious why.  Is it because you want to play a game before everyone else or is it because you truly like to debug incomplete programs?  I am under the impression that most are the former.  Let me know what you think.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 1 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3938 posts

Re: Just curious...

Jun 5, 2007
Home is going to be big, it's a chance to play it sooner than it comes out.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Jun 5, 2007
Everyone wants to see what it will be like but your right Beta right now is like only basics. They haven't put on any features yet the testers are just there to iron out the bugs off the base if you build on a corrupted base everything will fall. So after the end of the closed Beta they add features so Home is bigger. That is why they do open Beta to have people covering more ground when all that's done then they keep adding bit by bit until it's ready for release and that's when you want to play when everything is cleaned out of bugs and more features are there.
PSN ID: CptQuatro add me if you are short on friends

If you have beaten AC MUST read this very cool http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552
Message 3 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

Jun 5, 2007
People just want Home. Simple as that.
Message 4 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Jun 5, 2007

BufordKat wrote:
Everyone on this forum seems to desperately want into the Home beta.  I was just curious why.  Is it because you want to play a game before everyone else or is it because you truly like to debug incomplete programs?  I am under the impression that most are the former.  Let me know what you think.

For me, it would be the oppourtunity to debug the program. I wish I could get into the videogame industry and use my creative side to benefit the entire gaming community. Unfortunately, due to the area I was born and raised, such programs are not offered near me. Nor did I ever finish highschool. Wish I did. It's a sad fact of life that I will probably end up just being the gamer and not ever getting a chance to be INSIDE the industry.
So for me, it would have been a great oppurtunity to be part of the inside of the industry without education or the benefit of residing in an area that is accessable to the industry.
I've always wanted to BETA somehting and make it BETTER for the overall community. That is why I wish I was in the Beta. Although, unlike most, I don't go around crying about it. Such is the fact of life.
Hopefully one day I will get the oppurtunity to beta a game or even Home.
When I play games and stuff, I always explore my surroundings and test the game to it's limits, it's always how I've played. I've found many glitches and only wished I had the oppurtunity to report them.
Please don't get that confused with a glitch cheater. I am NOT that, i do not USE the glitches. I just usually stumble across them and remember WHAT to stay away from the next time. I CANNOT stand Glitchers and Cheaters.
stach
Message 5 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Jun 5, 2007
There aren't too many bugs in HOME.
I keep reading posts of people saying they can't wait to "play it". Well it's not a game you don't PLAY HOME. I also read posts of people saying stuff like the beta is to test the bugs and when it comes out in OCT there will be more options.After all the bugs are ironed out. Well how do you just add options to a completed version without testing those??? Home will be the biggest let down for people who are expecting amazing things from it. If you didn't get the beta, don't worry your not missing anything exciting NOTHING.

Home is a 3-D XMB, that's all.

To stay on topic, most people actually are in the beta and do hunt down bugs. Most are in it just to say they got it first. Either way there isn't too much to look through. They can't even put up a forum for others to converse on their findings. Home was popped out early to get some hype going and it has fallen flat on it's face now. I say don't hype yourself up for another let down.
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 6 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Jun 5, 2007

BufordKat wrote:

to play before everyone else...
Message 7 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

Jun 5, 2007
Home is basically a 3D MySpace. People are addicted to MySpace. People like 3D things.

MySpace + 3D + A few more features = Home

Message 8 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1181 posts

Jun 5, 2007
and its free
PSN ID: Will11
Photobucket
Message 9 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes