Dec 17 2009
By: Keith_Loving Uncharted Territory 1518 posts

Just Say NO....No to Evolving Virtual Items...Here is why

66 replies 10 views Edited Dec 17, 2009

From the Blog post today:

"Also coming to PlayStation Home this week is our first set of evolving virtual items. Here’s the premise: Users that pick these items up during the very-limited time frame that they will be made available (one month) will get to witness a surprising evolution as these items morph into items completely different from their original states. To start, we will be releasing 5 different evolving items for your personal space – an aquarium, flower, snow globe, toys, and fortune cookie. Check these items out and then let us know if you’d like to see more of these by posting your thoughts in the official PlayStation Home General forum."

My opinion:

This is a total GIMMICK!  Sony knows we all love exclusive and.or limited time only items, so now we will have monthly rotating exclusive items.  For one month only you can get 5 virtual evolving items, and next month you can get 5 more, and the month after that you can get 5 more.  This is a clever way for Sony to milk us all out of our money.  Can you say CASH COW ANYONE??  My guess is that these evolving virtual items won't do much evolving at all.  This is a bad idea and I am not going to buy into it.  Call it exclusive or call it limited time only, I am not wasting my money just to see 60 limited time only items be rotated on a monthly basis through the entire year.  This is yet another steady stream of cash revenue going straight to Sony.  NO THANKS!!

Share your opinions here.

Message 1 of 67 (10 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Re: Just Say NO....No to Evolving Virtual Items...Here is why

Dec 17, 2009
Can you say don't buy it if you don't want it?
Message 2 of 67 (10 Views)
Survivor
2537 posts

Dec 17, 2009

Number_51 wrote:
Can you say don't buy it if you don't want it?

yeah,im with you,they put the items there for every1 who can afold to it or likes or have the money to buys it,if you dont have the money to buy it o dont want it,dont complain,but nobody cant realise the truth and real life stuff we must learn first -__-

¨°º¤ø„¸||¸„ø¤º°¨
Message 3 of 67 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Dec 17, 2009
just wait till thet start to chage for a permium service So to give you an idea You would pay a subscription fee to get things like Qore, Premium avatars, themes, videos  (entire video store?), Premium PS Home items, and possible premium features, like twitter, better facebook features etc.
A mind thinks as to our lips speak of what's thought yet a thought on point may be joked on,it stays simple but true. High standards above us that pretend to be our literature and emotions step in and edit our purpose without cause but only effect, leaving us defenceless and confused as to not knowing why or what purpose we have of actually being here. But my truth remains and the facts of me are simple and understanding, which in turn is my strenght to help others, I am the1cj, remember that.
Message 4 of 67 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Dec 17, 2009
I don't mind buying it the first month, as an experiment. I will watch how they progress, and determine if I feel they are of value. If I don't think they progress enough, and/or I think the pricing is too high, I won't purchase them again, simple as that. As it says in the blog, this is their first time doing this, it's an experiment, though I'm not sure how much they've tested it. They want to hear our feedback, and I intend to give it to them, but not until they have evolved. As it stands, I think it sounds like a good idea. 
Message Edited by ADAMPwns on 12-16-2009 04:44 PM
Message 5 of 67 (10 Views)
Sackboy
480 posts

Dec 17, 2009
evolve...like pokemon
Haven't been here in forever...as LIN, ALL HAIL CYD SINCE CB!
Message 6 of 67 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Dec 17, 2009

Keith_Loving wrote:

From the Blog post today:

"Also coming to PlayStation Home this week is our first set of evolving virtual items. Here’s the premise: Users that pick these items up during the very-limited time frame that they will be made available (one month) will get to witness a surprising evolution as these items morph into items completely different from their original states. To start, we will be releasing 5 different evolving items for your personal space – an aquarium, flower, snow globe, toys, and fortune cookie. Check these items out and then let us know if you’d like to see more of these by posting your thoughts in the official PlayStation Home General forum."

My opinion:

This is a total GIMMICK!  Sony knows we all love exclusive and.or limited time only items, so now we will have monthly rotating exclusive items.  For one month only you can get 5 virtual evolving items, and next month you can get 5 more, and the month after that you can get 5 more.  This is a clever way for Sony to milk us all out of our money.  Can you say CASH COW ANYONE??  My guess is that these evolving virtual items won't do much evolving at all.  This is a bad idea and I am not going to buy into it.  Call it exclusive or call it limited time only, I am not wasting my money just to see 60 limited time only items be rotated on a monthly basis through the entire year.  This is yet another steady stream of cash revenue going straight to Sony.  NO THANKS!!

Share your opinions here.

Just say no to Dodge Vipers.   Sheerly on the basis that I can't afford one.  So no one should have one.
Message 7 of 67 (10 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Dec 17, 2009

Scourge003 wrote:
Just say no to Dodge Vipers.   Sheerly on the basis that I can't afford one.  So no one should have one

Careful Scourge. I tried the luxury car analogy once and was completely lambasted for it.

Message Edited by Number_51 on 12-16-2009 06:59 PM
Message 8 of 67 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1045 posts

Dec 17, 2009

Here's a typical response- if you don't like it don't buy it. Here's what I really think- you are right, and I'm glad I'm not the oly one aware of this.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 67 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1698 posts

Dec 17, 2009
I don't understand how this is any different than buying any other virtual item within Home. Depending on price, I actually think this is better than what they've released so far. How is this milking us any more than offering multiple colors for the same shirt?
Message 10 of 67 (10 Views)