Dec 13 2012
By: EleventyThreve Lombax Warrior 103 posts

Juggernaut Observer Video quickshow

8 replies 886 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

put this together real quick to show the capabilities of the new video capture tool by Juggernaut Games. 

Message 1 of 9 (886 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Re: Juggernaut Observer Video quickshow

Dec 13, 2012

Thankyou for posting the video, and a list of information at the end, but I have a question which I didnt see mentioned on your list. Can you tell me if you record a picture frame (with photo in it), is that captured as well, or when you play it back is it just a black rectangle (same as if you use the camera).

Thankyou.

Message 2 of 9 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

The camera is nice. It allows movement all over the space although it is restricted with the same invisible walls and ceilings. It is great for filming or photographing others in my view. The one thing I don't like is that the user cannot move or use any R1 emotes when actually using the camera itself so it's not the best when trying to photograph of film your own avatar.

It also takes 5 slots which for spaces that are maxed you'll have to decide what 5 items you have to remove in order to use it. It works only in personal spaces and something like this if it were possible would be a great loco item. I'd love to see our regular cameras upgraded so that they can do what this camera is able to do.

I suspect that is possible although whether or not we'll ever see that in a core update is debatable. Seems it's all about selling us stuff and not upgrading the core.

I'm not sure about the picture frames capability. I shot outdoors but that is a good question Mermaid.

StephieRawks did a pretty nice comparison of different devices here.

http://pstalent.com/blog/archives/10982

Message 3 of 9 (864 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Dec 13, 2012

What personal space is that?

Message 4 of 9 (850 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

I havent tested it on photo frames for video, but I am assuming that it puts a black box in the space where the picture would be located.  I believe there is some sort of licensing issue for that.  aka a brand name logo featured ina  video, etc...  Just an assumption so dont hold it against me.  lol.   

As far as the space you saw in my video, that is a Clubhouse Skin.  I dont know the exact name of it, i do not own that skin, but it's in a clubhouse, not a personal space. I think it's called Luxury Log Cabin or something alone those lines.

I do agree, i do not like the way you can not use R1 for your own avi, but I feel the features that use the R triggers make up for it in the sense that it makes the camera much easier to use and to capture panning shots.  I dont normally film myself when I do my stuff so i guess that's why I favor this.  I do love the Loot Camera for that feature tho. 

The avi standing in front of the tropical bar is me, that's where he placed the camera for me to activate it.  you can see that I just stand there not moving and the camera doesnt show up nor does the glowing platform it rests on. 

Message 5 of 9 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Where do I find that bear rug?! I must have it!

Message 6 of 9 (811 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Message 7 of 9 (800 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Thankyou for posting the video, and a list of information at the end, but I have a question which I didnt see mentioned on your list. Can you tell me if you record a picture frame (with photo in it), is that captured as well, or when you play it back is it just a black rectangle (same as if you use the camera).

Thankyou.

Yes it is captured at least for now! I just tested it.

Smiley Happy

Observer Screenshot 6_28 AM 12_14_2012_1.jpg

Message 8 of 9 (764 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

awesome picture. thank you for posting it. it's great to know that it works, That will add a lot of personal touch to people's photos now. bye bye black box on your wall lol. I will have to test it out with the video feed now. may post something today if i have time.

LOL, i'm glad my "assumptions" were wrong lol.

Message 9 of 9 (743 Views)
0 Likes