Fender Bender
2291 posts

Re: Juggernaut Games introduces their new Hoverdisc locomotion items

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

I wasn't sure about these discs when I first saw them.  Well, I picked one up for $1, and it was probably one of the best dollar's I ever spent.  Fantastic option, and highly recommended.

Still, there is room for improvement.  It would be nice if I was able to dance while standing on the disc.  Also, being that the disc is a compainion item, it's not possible to take a photo of yourself on one with the Home camera.

Message 41 of 52 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 9, 2012
^ I thought that's what the pocket camera was for? Under the R1 menu? Smiley Indifferent
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 42 of 52 (255 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 9, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:
^ I thought that's what the pocket camera was for? Under the R1 menu? Smiley Indifferent

And another problem solved by the great KarateChampChad!  Thanks!

Message 43 of 52 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 9, 2012
^ No prob. Haven't had made much use of it yet but seems to be a pretty handy tool.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 44 of 52 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Nov 9, 2012

By similar I mean it would be nice if there was a specialized machine in Home that served the purpose of letting anyone try out locomotion items, like how Lockwood's gift machine is a specialized machine that serves a purpose in providing users the ability to send items to their friends. I hope I was more clear this time. Smiley Tongue

Ohhh I was hoping there was a way to try out gift machine items LOL.  Thanks for the clarification Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 52 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Jugbot_One wrote:

Hi Home!

We're glad you're all enjoying the new Hoverdiscs, we had a lot of fun making them (one in particular stands out Smiley Happy )

The discs *should* persist with you from space to space, as they use the same memory slot as companions, but unfortunately their persistence is not something we can currently directly control.

The 7th disc you get for owning the other 6 boards can be a little difficult to trigger rewarding (launch day jitters, unfortunately) but you should be able to nudge it along by visiting the Training Facility space and entering / exiting the MiniBots Training Facility game several times in succession, the network has to detect ownership of the other boards and it can be a little slow.

McJorneil - briliant idea for the preview mode active item, we're going to look into something like this for all our locomotion items!

<3,

- Juggernaut

I have not received my 7th disc I have entered the facility over and over, signed in and out of home, cleared cache ect  

Message 46 of 52 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Nov 9, 2012
I got the 7th disc after going to the facility and starting a
game, exit game, start game-- a few times hope that helps Smiley Happy
Message 47 of 52 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

Jugbot_One wrote:

SORROW-83 - we hear you, loud and clear Smiley Happy

silverthehedgeh - survival mode vs. bots? 2 player co-op vs. bots? that'd be fun...

smokingpistol - right there with you - displaying particles only for the person using the item is a current limitation of locomotion items. If we have the ability in the future to display them to other players, we'd definitely retrofit that to all the current discs! The rainbow is actually a part of the board model itself, which allows it to be seen by everyone.

To bounce to your nice answer to my suggestion, i can't resist to show some pics i had done to inspire some motion captures! KUDOS if you like!!!

hoverdiskpad.jpg

hoverdiskstraff.jpg

hoverbikecrouch.jpg

hoverdidkjump.jpg

hoverdisktaunt.jpg

hoverdiskfall.jpg

Message 48 of 52 (188 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Awesome suggestions Sorrow. Really well done! Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 52 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Thank you Juggernaut. You guys continue to show the community that even though you're a business and out to make money, you still offer a great value for our dollar and are not out to gouge our wallets. nDreams should take a look at your business model, they have a thing or two to learn from you guys. If they offered a bundle such as this I could easily see it costing as much as $15. Keep doing what you do!
Message 50 of 52 (153 Views)