Treasure Hunter
3107 posts

Re: Juggernaut Cinco De Mayo Pack

Apr 29, 2013

Darthfaker wrote:
I'm just curious why they would release this pack for an American holiday and not on Mexico's Independence Day

There are many Americans of Mexican heritage and it is with them that the holiday originated. I'd say that makes it a very American holiday. And, this holiday is also celebrated in some parts of Mexico, where it is known as El Dia De la Batalla de Puebla.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 31 of 45 (568 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Apr 29, 2013
I'm of Mexican descent, and I was born and raised in East Los Angeles, so I know of the True meaning of Cinco De Mayo. I just think it would of been a more appropriate release of it in September . I'm all for the release and will be purchasing it!
Message 32 of 45 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3107 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Darthfaker wrote:
I'm of Mexican descent, and I was born and raised in East Los Angeles, so I know of the True meaning of Cinco De Mayo. I just think it would of been a more appropriate release of it in September . I'm all for the release and will be purchasing it!

Cinco de Mayo in September???? Why don't you try translating the expression.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 33 of 45 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Juggernaut Developer
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Hi Home!

We're glad you guys are excited for the Cinco de Mayo adventure pack - Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage in the United States and it's a big day in San Diego which Juggernaut calls home!

We also wanted to share some details on some of the items:

Mariachi Meerkats are only 5 slots and play 6 songs! (you can also pick one up as a companion)

The Catusizer let's you place up to 20 cacti of different sizes around your space for 9 slots.

Tumbleweeds - makes a bunch of of tumbleweeds that blow around your space (you can kick them too)

The Pinata does give out rewards, but you have to smack it a few times first Smiley Happy

Disclaimer: there are no meerkats in Mexico, or whole fishes in fish tacos, but we like to make fan requested items Smiley Wink

<3 - Juggernaut

Message 34 of 45 (533 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Mexico's Independence Day is in September
Message 35 of 45 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3107 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Darthfaker wrote:
Mexico's Independence Day is in September

I am aware of this. Cinco de Mayo does NOT celebrate that occasion.

Message 36 of 45 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Some descriptions of the items

Pinata (9 slots) - you have to hit the pinata successfully 8 times in a row to win. Rewards the blindfold, the pinata bat and, of course, some candy!

Chiminea (2 slots) - This is not an interactive item.

Tumbleweeds (3 slots) - releases tumbleweeds which roll around your apartment.

Cactusizer (9 slots) - allows you to place up to 20 large cactus around your apartment.

Mariachi Meercats (5 slots) - play 6 different mariachi tunes.

Message 37 of 45 (517 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Apr 29, 2013
All I was saying is it could of been released for Mexico's Independence Day also, not just for this ocassion. Releasing it for this is nice and all that's all I was saying
Message 38 of 45 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Apr 29, 2013

No Margaritas? Smiley Sad

castle3
Message 39 of 45 (501 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Thank you Juggernaut Games for adding much needed diversity to Home...

I Just wished you would've released a traditional Mexican dancing dress,,, The lady mariachi clothing is nice,,, but a dress would've been better.

20080407_BalletFolk_065-retouchsm.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 45 (470 Views)