Mar 16 2012
By: julie_love Fender Bender 2040 posts

Journey Space and Mini-Game *contains spoilers*

59 replies 2778 views Edited Mar 16, 2012

A thread to discuss the Journey space and mini-game. This thread will contain spoilers. For anyone that didn't read the instructions before entering the space (like me) you are in the mini-game as soon as you enter the space.

Skip to the next message for spoilers.

Thanks to KCChad for tips on how to play this game.

Rewards

Cloth Fish Companion for entering the space

journeyclothfish.jpg

Statue for beating mini-game

journeystatuereward.jpg

Message 39 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4467 posts

Re: Journey Space and Mini-Game *contains spoilers*

Mar 14, 2012

cool Thanks! does anyone else wonder if having enough people together will maybe give another reward?

Message 1 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Kudos to the Home team and ThatGameCompany for making this space/minigame a reality Anyone who has played Journey already would most likely agree with me that they did a fantastic job replicating a slice of the game, not just the setting and music but also the anonymity of the game itself. For those who haven't played the game yet, when you team up with another player no speech is allowed between the two, the only means of communication are ingame gestures. The only time you find out who you actually played with is at the the end of the game after the credits, they provide a list of companions met during your Journey. Thus, this is most likely why avatar usernames and speech bubbles are disabled in this space.

My only complaint is the lack of an outfit reward, would love to go about Home in a desert cloak. But can't complain about the two rewards we got, the companion is nice and the ornament is HUGE

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Mercenary09 wrote:

cool Thanks! does anyone else wonder if having enough people together will maybe give another reward?

I'm wondering about this too as more cloth pieces appear above your head depending on the amount of people that you are near.

Also would have been nice if we could get our cameras to work here. I was hoping to get a few shots of the place but that's not happening.

Message 3 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3826 posts

Mar 14, 2012

I'm going there now to check this place out!  w00t!

Message 4 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Love this game and had been looking forward to it appearing in Home since spotting a Home reference in the end credits. I can't wait to try out the space.

Message 5 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Mercenary09 wrote:

The first time I hit the space I ran towards a couple of cloth bundles and I didn't notice anything change. The second time I played there were several friends in the game and we walked through together. I had my volume hup higher the second time and heard a chome each time I lit up a new post or collected a bundle of cloth.

I'm still wondering if you need to have friends in the space to win, or if there are other rewards to be unlocked with more people in the space.

Message 6 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Thank you for explaining the mini-game. When we arrived we wondered around knowing very little. Later we will be online and try it again.

Message 7 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2375 posts

Mar 14, 2012

I like the rewards, they are nice and simple.

Message 8 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4467 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Yea thats why I think it would be good for a lot of people to get together and see if there is a reward for having a certain amount. I think its worth a try.

Message 9 of 60 (2,778 Views)
0 Likes