Oct 05 2012
By: Oyashiro-Sama Splicer 46 posts

Japan Home Next Anime Avatars - Neon Genesis Evangelion

8 replies 2063 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ) launched a seven-week Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo tie-in campaign on Thursday, and part of the campaign includes 3D Rei costumes for SCEJ's  PlayStation Home virtual platform. The campaign promotes the November 17 opening of the next Evangelion film  by offering items in the online PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home every week.

For the next three weeks, the PlayStation Store is distributing custom 2D PlayStation 3 avatars and custom PS3 or PSP themes. Starting Thursday, five characteravatars are available separately for 100 yen (about US$1.30) each, or in a set with a bonus avatar for 400 yen (US$5). The store will then offer 10 custom character themes for 100 yen, as well as a set of 15 for 800 yen (US$10), on October 4. A custom EvangelionRacing theme set will follow on  October 11 for 300 yen (US$4).

Then, on October 17, PlayStation Home will offer the first set of 3D avatar costumes: Rei Ayanami's plugsuit (500 yen/US$6.40), Rei Ayanami herself (250 yen/US$3.20), and a virtual recreation of the real-life Radio Eva The Beast jacket (male/female for 150 yen/US$1.90 each).

PlayStation Home will offer three more weekly costume sets, but they are still being kept secret.

Message 1 of 9 (2,063 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Re: Japan Home Next Anime Avatars - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Oct 5, 2012

Now as a fan of this anime I will like to say who I think is a 100% garantee that will be one of the 5 avatars.

Asuka Langley

imagesCAKYNX7B.jpgShe had 3 different plugsuits so no garantee it will be the one you see here.

Now for the Maybe's

Mari Illustrious Makinami

Makinami_Mari_Illustrious_399143.jpgHer popularity among girls is really high. She maybe get a avatar.

Shinji Ikari

He been around since the beginning. As you can see his number is 01. As annoying this guy is and believe me people agree that he is. He one of the few males in a plugsuit so he almost a garantee.

Kowaru Nagisa

Kowaru also has a high female popularity. You can bet having this guy as your avatar will be your chick magnet. Warning fellow guys he's gay ;p.

Most likely not to be one of the characters

Misato Katsurai

darn it.. I had a huge anime crush on this one. Beer and Guns and a Penguin for a pet? She's so awesome! She never wore a plugsuit so she most likely a fleeting dream as she also wasnt a major character in the show and she should have been because she was well thought up I think and she was unique to almost any anime girl you'll see in any anime. You may can even say she one of the few anime girls you can think of her as being closer to a real human personality.

Pen Pen

her Pet Pen Pen. Funny Penguin. It loves Beer just as much as Misato does lol. This makes a pretty cool Penguin lol.

Toji Suzuhara

imageI dont remember this guy well. Also there is more popular female characters in the anime other then this guy. Also it's no secret home comes out with more female avatars/stuff then male also. Especially in Japan Home. I honestly see only 1 possibly 2 male characters and the the rest female of the 5 characters they will make for home. There is many more characters but to many to name and I dont see them making it.

Message 2 of 9 (2,042 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Oct 5, 2012

There's already a thread on this here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Neon-Gensis-Evangalion-is-coming-soon-to-Jap...

Also, the "Rei Ayanami herself (250 yen/US$3.20)" should be "Rei Ayanami Wig"

Message 3 of 9 (2,017 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I need that beer-guzzling penguin!!!!

Message 4 of 9 (1,986 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Oyashiro-Sama wrote:

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ) launched a seven-week Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo tie-in campaign on Thursday, and part of the campaign includes 3D Rei costumes for SCEJ's  PlayStation Home virtual platform. The campaign promotes the November 17 opening of the next Evangelion film  by offering items in the online PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home every week.

For the next three weeks, the PlayStation Store is distributing custom 2D PlayStation 3 avatars and custom PS3 or PSP themes. Starting Thursday, five characteravatars are available separately for 100 yen (about US$1.30) each, or in a set with a bonus avatar for 400 yen (US$5). The store will then offer 10 custom character themes for 100 yen, as well as a set of 15 for 800 yen (US$10), on October 4. A custom EvangelionRacing theme set will follow on  October 11 for 300 yen (US$4).

Then, on October 17, PlayStation Home will offer the first set of 3D avatar costumes: Rei Ayanami's plugsuit (500 yen/US$6.40), Rei Ayanami herself (250 yen/US$3.20), and a virtual recreation of the real-life Radio Eva The Beast jacket (male/female for 150 yen/US$1.90 each).

PlayStation Home will offer three more weekly costume sets, but they are still being kept secret.

Your thread is more through than mine. Smiley Sad Good work.

sword-art-online
Message 5 of 9 (1,973 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Oct 5, 2012

We need more stuff like this in Home! Bring them to North America! The Evangelions themselves would make good costumes.

Message 6 of 9 (1,956 Views)
Survivor
2587 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I would love this in NA. I Love Neon Genesis Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 9 (1,897 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I have about $500 in EVANGELION action figures alone in retail....I love anime... i do, to see disgaea hit here was a miracle...crap wit all the other stuff that Japan has to offer...this would be mother load for ANIME FANS EVERWHERE...Heart

Message 8 of 9 (1,839 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

That looks terrible, Home and anime art styles totally do...

Oct 7, 2012

That looks terrible, Home and anime art styles totally don't work together.

Message 9 of 9 (1,810 Views)
0 Likes