Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Re: Japan Home Discussion Pulled?

Aug 31, 2013

Kapitol1 keyed:

Consider this, since SCJP and SCAA is combining they may are shutting that side of Home down for Server Consolidation. It's a maybe. But I don't Home in NA/EU servers are going down anytime soon. With all the money they make from us (Sometime $50 a week depending on the update) Its a lucrative profit.

:^/ This is the first I've heard they were merging the two regions into one. If that's true, there is hardly any way to consolidate the store servers without shutting them down first for a while. However, there would also have been an announced time for brining the store servers back onilne again, I would think.

You're correct that North America and European Union are separate markets from Japan and Asia, and that the standards of activity are different. We'll see.

As for boycotting in protest, boycotting is not how a group demonstrates an interest in the product....

Message 31 of 95 (645 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Dicontinuation of New PlayStation Home Content in Japan and Asia Announced

August 30th, 2013 |  5 comments

Today it has been officially announced that there will be a discontinuation of new content in the Japanese and Asian PlayStation Home regions in the near future.

Note that this has no effect on the European and American regions of Home and there are currently no plans to stop new content there.

No more new content will be published after:

• Japan – September 2013
  • Asia – March 2014

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia (SCEJA) will cease publishing new content after September 2013 for Japan and March 2014 for Asian countries and regions.

PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will continue to fully support their vibrant PlayStation®Home communities with full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items, and platform features.

SCEI would like to thank our respective communities for many years of dedicated participation inside of PlayStation®Home and look forward to their continued involvement.

We know this may be a little shocking and confusing for some of the dedicated PlayStation Home AlphaZone4 visitors, so we thought about our initial concerns about this announcement and tried our best to think of some reassuring answers from AlphaZone4′s perspective.

What does this announcement mean for me?

For the European and American regions, there is no effect on you. There are no plans to shut down the SCEE or SCEA regions and updates are going to continue as normal as well as updates to Home itself.

For Japanese and Asian regions, no new spaces or items will be added to PlayStation Home after September 2013 in Japan and March 2014 in Asia. PlayStation Home will continue to run and be available online for the Asian regions after these dates.

What will happen to the Japanese Home developers?

PlayStation Home will still be online in Japan and Asia hosting developer’s content. However, if they are not allowed to publish in their home regions, many of these developers may look to the European or American PlayStation Home regions as their primary publish location.

What happens to all our purchased PlayStation Home items on Japanese accounts?

While PlayStation Home is still online, all this content will be accessible. PlayStation Home in the Japanese and Asian regions will remain online after their last publish dates.

Why are some PlayStation Home regions closing and not others?

Every region of the PlayStation Network is a separate organisation. SCEE, SCEA and SCEJ (SCEJ and SCEAsia merged into one organisation in April) operate independently of each other. The decision for the Japanese and Asian regions (which both fall under SCEJ) is unrelated to the decisions of SCEA and SCEE.

As mentioned in the sourced press release, “Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will continue to fully support their vibrant PlayStation®Home communities with full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items, and platform features.” There is currently no plan for SCEE or SCEA to follow SCEJ with this decision.

Source: http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130830_e.html

photo dmchick4kw4-1.png
Message 32 of 95 (622 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

xoO_CutiePie_Oox wrote:
I think we should boycott home. Stop purchasing anything from home untill Sony give us definite answer of the future of home. Anyone wanna join? I can start a new thread for this purpose.

We were told (yesterday) that our regular Publisher/Develpers are still working on Home content and that there are several core updates planned. This is an indication that Home will be around for quite a while, inspite of the wishful thinking of others.

Japan/Asia will lose new content due to a lack of interest on  the part of the the region's users. North America's Home is a very busy place.

Thats true i been on HOME since it went open beta and all the time i visit japan server since 2008 i never saw it as crowded or populated as home NA even the first time i went to the Siren space it was empty when in HOME NA. you still find people playing the game , and lets not forget HOME asia or HOME hk what ever server was it was a total ghost town 

Message 33 of 95 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Boycott Home

Aug 31, 2013
Please stop buying anything from home right now. Sony will shut down Japan and Asian home. We want Sony give us definite answer about the future of Home. We don't want waste our money without knowing how long home can survive in the future. Take action now.
Message 34 of 95 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Boycott Home

Aug 31, 2013

smh, smh, smh

Boycott? REALLY THO?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 35 of 95 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Don't you have a killstreak to be maintaining or something? It's Double XP weekend.

Message 36 of 95 (658 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28359 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

Good luck. Though it means nothing, I won't be joining you.

Clearly you haven't been reading the latest news on this topic: Japan Home Discussion Pulled?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 37 of 95 (656 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Don't boycott and Home lasts longer. Think about it..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 38 of 95 (656 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

Like that will help keep Home running... Yeah sure!

What keep us "alive" is  because there still good money to be made here. A boycott would only kill home faster than it should.

Time to buy folks!  BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 39 of 95 (645 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 31, 2013

xoO_CutiePie_Oox wrote:
Please stop buying anything from home right now. Sony will shut down Japan and Asian home. We want Sony give us definite answer about the future of Home. We don't want waste our money without knowing how long home can survive in the future. Take action now.

How is a boycott going to help? It'll only hasten the decision to end it all assuming that decision has been made in SCEE and SCEA. That's not clear yet. 

Message 40 of 95 (637 Views)