Aug 31 2013
By: TSUNADE1224 Treasure Hunter 3752 posts

Japan Home Discussion Is Back

[ Edited ]
94 replies 1376 views Edited Aug 31, 2013

What happened to the Japan Home Thread?  'Edited'

Good news!  the thread has been returned, but it is locked.  I will however use it as a reference point as miss Dark suggested and add commentary posted by Tempest_Fire and Several Devs.  The original poster is darkan12-nl as its as follows:  

PLAYSTATION®HOME
DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT
FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS
SCEA and SCEE will continue to fully support their PlayStation Communities

Tokyo, August 30, 2013–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia (SCEJA) will cease publishing new content after September 2013 for Japan and March 2014 for Asian countries and regions.

PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will continue to fully support their vibrant PlayStation®Home communities with full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items, and platform features.

SCEI would like to thank our respective communities for many years of dedicated participation inside of PlayStation®Home and look forward to their continued involvement.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130830_e.html

Lockwood Developer
08-30-2013 05:33 AM

Hi all,

I'd like to reassure everyone (if possible!) by saying that our plans to continue supporting and creating content for Home have not changed in the slightest and we're still full steam ahead!

Kind regards,

Tim                                                           (Page5)

nDreams Developer
08-30-2013 05:44 AM
An interesting start to a Friday.

It certainly will be a shame to see Japan stop releasing new content. But why I want to reassure you all, just as Tim has above, is that nDreams will be fully supporting Home until it either shuts its doors or is migrated.

We have an amazing lineup of items ready for release over a long period of time and are working on even more.

So, while its sad news for those Japan users the US and Europe will continue to see full support from nDreams for a long time to come.

Joey
nDreams Digital Product Manager                                                   (Page 5)

Digital Platforms Community Manager
‎08-30-2013 10:54 AM - edited ‎08-30-2013 11:36 AM

On it. Time zones, and all.

As did SCEE, we at SCEA want to reinforce the message that SCEA Home publishes will continue as normal. SCEAJ have simply restructured their business and wish to focus on other priorities.  I also want to confirm that you will still be able to visit friends in SCEJ and Asia regions through their personal spaces, as always. 

SCEA/E both have a lot of content on the roadmap. SCEA Home is a thriving community, and SCEA will continue to support it. You've already heard that Lockwood and nDreams have content in the works, as do Hellfire, Madmunki, Atom Republic, Digital Leisure, Codeglue, VEEMEE and more. There are future core updates planned as well.

There's still nothing to announce at this point regarding PS4 and Home, but Home North America will continue to see support from SCEA.                                      (Page 14) of old thread 

Hellfire Developer
‎08-30-2013 01:03 PM

Never fear! I can confirm that Hellfire Games is very much committed to Home in the NA and EU regions. We're actually much busier than we've ever been as a studio, with no less than seven projects in the works for Home. Stay tuned for more info on some of those soon. :smileywink:

Although it's definitely a shame to see new content publishing cease in Japan, it's also likely that the NA and EU regions will see a surge in their player base as a result, especially with that new $199 PS3 out in time for the holiday season. Be prepared to see a lot of new faces!                                                Page 19 

Message 1 of 95 (1,376 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Japan Home Discussion Pulled?

Aug 31, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

What happened to the Japan Home Thread?

It's probably being cleaned up by moderation and will reappear momentarily.

Message 2 of 95 (1,364 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Aug 31, 2013

I guess it turned Sour Smiley Wink

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 3 of 95 (1,361 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Aug 31, 2013

whoa.. your right they just suddenly took it Out..

Message 4 of 95 (1,354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Aug 31, 2013
Without that thread there will be zero comments about the future of NA Home from Tempest_Fire. That's where he shared his comments on it. So I hope the mods at least revive that, darkan's OP and the devs' comments.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 5 of 95 (1,348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Aug 31, 2013

myalana wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I sure hope so, there is some good points made, along with T_F and Devs comments

Message 6 of 95 (1,345 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Aug 31, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

myalana wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I sure hope so, there is some good points made, along with T_F and Devs comments

I agree. There's also some less than savory statements that I for one would like to see remain so that others can get a glimpse of what some folks really think.

Message 7 of 95 (1,312 Views)
Last Guardian
9266 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

I guess it turned Sour Smiley Wink

what makes ya say that Vicki..lol.
Message 8 of 95 (1,306 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 31, 2013

The discussion really went off topic so I suspect they are removing those posts and it will be back. 

Message 9 of 95 (1,313 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9266 posts

Aug 31, 2013
I bet its gone for good
Message 10 of 95 (1,303 Views)
0 Likes