Uncharted Territory
866 posts

Re: Japan Home Discussion Is Back

Sep 2, 2013

@pheonixgate1: I did read that article and once you get past some of the comments there are actually some interesting points regarding Japan Home. As far as the Kikai event though, I question how many people were actually playing vs. the total number of people who use Home.

My friend played the Neon Downtown level for the first time on the last Saturday of the event (about 1-1/2 weeks in) and ended up around 7,500 on the leaderboard. Now I'm sure that not every Home user participated in the event and its also possible that a lot of people ended up with the same score and thus were ranked the same but I expected her to rank much lower considering how long the event had been going on. Unfortunately, we were unable to get the leaderboard to load so we weren't able to confirm the total number of players.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Baylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 91 of 95 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Ren_Echo wrote:

@pheonixgate1: I did read that article and once you get past some of the comments there are actually some interesting points regarding Japan Home. As far as the Kikai event though, I question how many people were actually playing vs. the total number of people who use Home.

My friend played the Neon Downtown level for the first time on the last Saturday of the event (about 1-1/2 weeks in) and ended up around 7,500 on the leaderboard. Now I'm sure that not every Home user participated in the event and its also possible that a lot of people ended up with the same score and thus were ranked the same but I expected her to rank much lower considering how long the event had been going on. Unfortunately, we were unable to get the leaderboard to load so we weren't able to confirm the total number of players.

I forgot the exact numbers, but I did take a look at the total of each at the end of the event and it was around 8900 for Japan, 12500 for NA, and 8600 for EU. (#s are taken around a day after the end of the event, NA and EU were able to access lounges so it's possible a little increase of number)

Message 92 of 95 (290 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Hey Home fans,

You probably all know that PlayStation(R)Home in Japan will be closing down. We would like to assure you that we will continue to release new content on PlayStation(R)Home in the North 
America and Europe regions! We are working actively with Home user Dani to bring more the best possible female clothing to the platform. We are also working on our first club house, and we are going to update some of our older Halloween items soon so that they use less memory slots. So we will not abandon the platform. And more than ever we would like to hear from you boys & girls what you want to see in PlayStation(R)Home! 

Team Codeglue

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 93 of 95 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1389 posts

Sep 4, 2013
I would still like to believe that this is just preparation for the release of Home on their lovely PS4s. I am sure we will be hearing about a Home-Like service pretty early in the new year. Call it a hunch and take it from some one who has been around too many new system launches.
Message 94 of 95 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
866 posts

Sep 13, 2013

**bleep**a4567 wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

I forgot the exact numbers, but I did take a look at the total of each at the end of the event and it was around 8900 for Japan, 12500 for NA, and 8600 for EU. (#s are taken around a day after the end of the event, NA and EU were able to access lounges so it's possible a little increase of number)

If we assume that multiple people did not have the same rank at the bottom of the leaderboard, we can make some guesses at the total Home population in NA (if multiple people held the same rank then these numbers will be higher). If 10% of all Home users participated in the event, then that gives us a population of 125,000 users. If 50% of all users participated, then that gives us a population of 25,000 and of course if all us us participated, the total Home population is 12,500. I have no way of knowing what the actual number is but its certainly not in the millions.

What's interesting is that JPN and EU were fairly close in the number of players. 

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Baylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 95 of 95 (118 Views)
0 Likes