First Son
6 posts

Zen Pinball room....

Jun 14, 2010

I would like to see a playstation@home Zen Pinball room....

1. highscore boards

2. minigames

3. earn items and new trophies

What does everyone think?

Message 111 of 208 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
764 posts

Re: JUNE Miscellaneous Suggestion Thread (for all but Virtual Item requests)

Jun 14, 2010

Make it to where if I don't want an item in my inventory I can give it to someone. 

Message 112 of 208 (20 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Jun 15, 2010

What's important to remember is that Home is a for-profit enterprise; that means that, chances are, the suggestions with the greatest commercial viability are the ones which might actually be implemented. With that in mind, here are a few ideas:

1. For-purchase downloadable dance moves.

It's already been suggested that Sony add new dance moves for avatars, which I completely agree with -- except that they should be available for purchase and download from the mall or other commerce points. $1.99 would probably be a decent price (assume a third of Sony's twelve-million Home users purchase even one new dance at that price point, and you've got quite a hefty amount of volume), and should likely cover the development cost.

2. For-purchase music downloads for personal spaces and/or clubhouses.

The majority of personal spaces have no music, which takes away from their appeal (heck, I bought the Pirate Galleon just because it has that slack-key guitar music playing at the bar). Although this might require some new licensing agreements between Sony and the artists, why not make the music that's already on Home (Dan the Automator, Rakim, Swollen Members, Nelson, etc.) available for purchase, download and usage in personal spaces? Again, this could be another excellent revenue stream for Sony.

3. For-purchase weather effects for personal spaces.

This might take some man-hours to create (programming weather effects for personal spaces), but I'd wager a good number of Home users would be willing to purchase downloadable weather effects for certain personal spaces. How much fun would it be, for instance, to select "snow" or "rain" or "windstorm" for the Log Cabin, Tropical Escape, Waterfall Terrace, et cetera?

4. For-purchase "adults only" public space.

Second Life is segregated into two groups: an over-18 world and an under-18 world (which is smart, because it limits the developer's liability exposure). Considering that the majority of Home's population is almost certainly under 18, and even more of them are under 21, a nifty solution would be to offer, for purchase, access to an "adults only" Central Plaza (or some other well-trafficked public space, even a new one from scratch). Rather than try to implement some clumsy age-verification system, simply set the purchase price quite high (say, $59.99). The first rule of economics is that people respond to incentives. By setting the entry price quite high, the incentive to misbehave (which would lead to non-refundable loss of access) is very low. And for that (substantial) minority percentage of users who are older, there would finally be a place to escape from a lot of the nonsense behavior that so diminishes the Home experience.

5. Add music to more public spaces.

Okay, this one's a freebie request: add music to more of the public spaces. But there *is* business logic to this request. Music can be a powerful incentive for users to stay longer. I know I'd certainly spend more time at Irem's Seaside of Memories (and probably buy the snorkel) if there was some tropical music in that space. How much of Scorpio's ambiance, for instance, is the techno music that place has?

6. Ease up on the censor. Seriously.

I'm not saying Sony should allow blatant profanity (even though all a user has to do is substitute letters to effectively achieve the same effect). What I'm saying is that Sony needs to revise some of its censor protocols. As an example, you can't write "isn't it" because the last three letters form a naughty word, even though that's not the intention of the message. I don't mind Sony going all Stasi-police with language enforcement, but inadvertent censorship is a bit much, no?

7. Create a "personal space" barrier for avatars.

Non-verbal trolling is one of the most annoying forms of harassment on Home. For instance, you're dancing, and some idiot thinks it's funny to stand exactly where you are (or right in your face) to annoy you. Creating a "personal space" radius around each avatar -- which can be passed-through for a short timeframe (such as three seconds, so that a group of users couldn't get together and effectively blockade an access route), but otherwise moves the intruder away from you, would go a long way towards cutting down on this. It's a shame that good behavior has to be regulated, but Home does have a lot of immature users (who are, unfortunately, another revenue stream for Sony).

8. Any word from LucasArts on overpriced Star Wars public/private spaces?

I'd live there. Just saying.

Message 113 of 208 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jun 16, 2010
Sleep!! I have to suggest it, I mean @Home provides beds but avatar's can't sleep on them. PlayStation@Home is suppose to replicate the real world so why not allow the avatar's to sleep.
I stand in the moonlit dawn,

Free from clouds of attachment.

-Uesugi Kenshin
Message 114 of 208 (20 Views)
Sackboy
604 posts

Jun 16, 2010
ADD stargatefan2 for home space tours i own 145 spaces
Message 115 of 208 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2262 posts

Jun 16, 2010

CANNNNNNNNNNN WE PLEASE GET MORE DANCES PLEASE ???????????//

Message 116 of 208 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Jun 17, 2010

The Playstation Move itself as a public or personal space.Make it a huge tower identical to the move.

Elevator to go to the top...all the buttons in the elevator are the PS buttons.Pleasent females voice welcoming you to the Sony Move Living Quaters.The bulb is the lighting for this space(changes colors)You get where I am going with this.

Enviroment...Dusk....

We have SOME Sony Furniture...wouldnt it be nice for you managers and HCVs to have a space to bring in clients for meetings?To show off how proud we are of Sonys PS3?The future of gaming...Please run with this idea.

It makes sence.

Message 117 of 208 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
600 posts

Jun 17, 2010

deadmau5

DEADMAU5 Helmet!!!!!  

Message 118 of 208 (20 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Jun 17, 2010

WARDROBE IN THE BOWLING ALLEY IS BROKEN!!!! WHY NOT FIX IT!

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 119 of 208 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Jun 18, 2010

Not sure if this was already posted, but could we have like more than one of our apartments? Cause sometimes I get a great idea to make out of my Harbour Studio, but then i realize its not like Habbo where i can just get another Harbour Studio.

ZanXBal Trophy Card
Message 120 of 208 (20 Views)
0 Likes