Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Re: [JP] What happened to Shoei Kingdom?

Mar 29, 2014

Yeah, it most probably is due to license issue or contract expiration. They used 5 actors for this, so paying for their name usage is quite alot. And Shoei Kingdom's official release was on March 28, 2012, so it's a whole 2 years.

Message 11 of 32 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Mar 29, 2014
Despite the street fighter removals and two different community managers saying they would not be, the SF content is still available via player inspect. I assume JP is the same? If so and anybody wants SF alts or the normal outfits on any region, xmb me.
Support Forums
Message 12 of 32 (280 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Mar 29, 2014

I didn't get the last few things I voted on. I knew it was going, though, and tried to save it to my favorites. I didn't understand what was going on there, but I will miss "King Bipolar" ( my name for him) and his servants( better not say what I thought of them, I might get in troubleSmiley LOL).

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 13 of 32 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 29, 2014
I can confirm that, as far as EU is concerned, the Street Fighter Content is no longer inspectable.
Message 14 of 32 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Mar 29, 2014

nagon111 wrote:

Yeah, it most probably is due to license issue or contract expiration. They used 5 actors for this, so paying for their name usage is quite alot. And Shoei Kingdom's official release was on March 28, 2012, so it's a whole 2 years.

I can understand the contracts with the actors, but the space is a Sony space and they didnt have to close the doors just cause there will be no silly actors showing videos.  It could have been kept open to still use the Detective Game, Wack-a-mole or just to hang out.  I wish I would have knows before hand and taken some pictures, I will  trully miss the space 

Message 15 of 32 (228 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9310 posts

Mar 29, 2014

RIP Shoei Kingdom.

KANE-FIRE

Message 16 of 32 (216 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Mar 29, 2014

KANE-FIRE wrote:

RIP Shoei Kingdom.

I know im a fool, but this just made me so sad Smiley Sad  

Message 17 of 32 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

I can understand the contracts with the actors, but the space is a Sony space and they didnt have to close the doors just cause there will be no silly actors showing videos.  It could have been kept open to still use the Detective Game, Wack-a-mole or just to hang out.  I wish I would have knows before hand and taken some pictures, I will  trully miss the space 

No, I was talking about the usage rights that resembles the actors, such as name, character, photos, voice, etc. Those belong to several other companies/agencies. Sony could have stripped everything related and kept it, but most probably that would have covered more than half of how the space is built, so didn't want to go through the hassle of tearing it apart.

Message 18 of 32 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2014

nagon111 wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

No, I was talking about the usage rights that resembles the actors, such as name, character, photos, voice, etc. Those belong to several other companies/agencies. Sony could have stripped everything related and kept it, but most probably that would have covered more than half of how the space is built, so didn't want to go through the hassle of tearing it apart.

The actors played a role they are not owners of the characters Sony is, since it is their space and not a Devs.  I do get what your saying to a degree, but I dont totally agree.  In any event theres no point of making sense of it all since its gone for good,  still wish I would have known before hand Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 32 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Mar 29, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

The actors played a role they are not owners of the characters Sony is, since it is their space and not a Devs.  I do get what your saying to a degree, but I dont totally agree.  In any event theres no point of making sense of it all since its gone for good,  still wish I would have known before hand Smiley Sad

If they were using make believe names, then I would agree. But the actors were using their own names (or stage names) which are trademarked by their agencies and can lead to promoting and identifiy themselves, so it doesn't apply here.

It's just like any other promo Sony has. Things such as slim jims and bold rolls have Sony labels, but does that mean Sony have full ownership of the slim jims and bold rolls games forever? (unless on contract it says otherwise) If the parent companies says to take it down, or contract expires, Sony needs to take it down since they don't own the rights to the trademarks. If it was a wannabe item that Sony made, then I would agree they would have 100% ownership. 

Message 20 of 32 (166 Views)
0 Likes