Fender Bender
3995 posts

Re: [JP] JP Home Warns of Bans for ISE Abuse

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2013

Yeah of course JP always had that banned, nothing new. 

Message 81 of 145 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

Sep 21, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

ThrenodyT wrote:

All Sony needs to do in NA is start permabanning ISE accounts.  So Simple.  The word would spread quicker than a police car spotted near a crack den.

Home's closing in 2014 anyways....    We all know it's coming!!!

Most people soon as they get there grubby Hands on PS4 there gonna stop using Home and that's the end of HOME!!!

That's because it's not closing.....

Message 82 of 145 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

Sep 21, 2013

You can't wear forgein items there, but most people ISE the free JP items over there and they can't get banned for it beacsue they have no prove that they earn it or ise it. 

Message 83 of 145 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Sep 21, 2013

this japan ise/dns warning threat or  whatever it is to me reeks to me of desperation on sonys behalf.

They are no doubt aware that with the withdrawal of publishing new content then there will be a strong posibility for users or even unsrupulous merchants  for financial gain may put on content using unauthorised methods.

Coupled with the likely reduction in home staffing levels  they may likely be  concerned that japan home could very quickly decsend into a barren hack ridden anarchy  where  anything goes.

Message 84 of 145 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2013

ptmacey wrote:

this japan ise/dns warning threat or  whatever it is to me reeks to me of desperation on sonys behalf.

They are no doubt aware that with the withdrawal of publishing new content then there will be a strong posibility for users or even unsrupulous merchants  for financial gain may put on content using unauthorised methods.

Coupled with the likely reduction in home staffing levels  they may likely be  concerned that japan home could very quickly decsend into a barren hack ridden anarchy  where  anything goes.

The warning given is because the DNS thing can be done easily and by anyone, no extra tools, even a kindergarden that can follow rules can do it. The previous method of ISE needed JB a PS3 which is limited to a certain group and needs knowledge inorder to do it, so it wasn't widely spread. But in the case of DNS, all users can do it if they want to, so Japan probably notice a spike in the ISE usage, and have decided to warn people that if they do use it, they can possibly be banned from PSN.

Japan have been pretty strcit with previous hacking and unreleased content (WWL and Serenity Plaza comes in mind) and have taken necessary measures such as taking away those rewards from accounts or banning people who they have verified using ISE.

Message 85 of 145 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2013

-Deleted-

Message 86 of 145 (350 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 21, 2013
As a ISEr myself, I see this more as an act to push users away from specific areas. Plus if when someone uses work "abuser" this usually is pertaining to wide spread "grey market" sharing. As in accepting payments for act of doing. Also most if not all items(likely all since out of 6,081 items I have zero are) are region locked, to obtain a region locked item it's way beyond ISE, into realm of ICE. Also 90%+ people use ICE can just unbanned console and even account using a "nullifier" and changing hashes and swapping console IDs. That's for dif topic, fact is sony has a issue with "too little, too late". If Sony wants to take down ISErs and such, needed to have started way back and encoded items with region specific tagging and such and developed better ways to prevent. It's exactly same concept and method used to ISE for 4years now... Almost a joke I think, I agree with "abusive" users getting booted but some of us that just enjoy having less common items and looks, an sometimes sharing it as a favor... I hope sony figures out the problem with ICE before ISE but as per typical of Sony, rushing into field backwards...
its sticky and ickey
Message 87 of 145 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 21, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

**snip**

There is also more but these are all signs that Home is not doing that well.

Take this to the PS4 thread. This isn't about Home on PS4. It's about ISE content in Japan. Please stay on topic.

Not sure why you chose to berate King about his post, which was only a reply to Threnody's post. He wasn't attempting to start a convo regarding Home on the PS4, so why the mini-mod??? Don't let the "MVP" title go to your head...

Photobucket
Message 88 of 145 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Sep 21, 2013
The convo was starting to derail a bit from the original topic. I know I'm not exactly one to talk but when he shows up things tend to do that and then posts end up deleted, edited and threads ending up locked.

She wasn't mini modding, just steering things back to the original topic.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 89 of 145 (251 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 21, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
The convo was starting to derail a bit from the original topic. I know I'm not exactly one to talk but when he shows up things tend to do that and then posts end up deleted, edited and threads ending up locked.

She wasn't mini modding, just steering things back to the original topic.

There's a difference between "steering" and whacking with a baseball bat, which is what happened. King didn't say, "Hey, let's us really start talking about Home on the PS4", did he? Answering my own question, NO, he didn't. He actually just left it at that, a quick explanation. Since Jo chose to mini-mod in error, she should actually wait to see if it's necessary, instead of attempting to pre-emptively strike. She's not the US government, for cripe's sake.

Now, back on-topic:

I totally understand that people love tossing the word "exploit" around rather than just say "hack" because it gets them around the TOS, but if it's an item from another region or something you didn't earn, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE IT!! This is what JP's telling everybody now.

Photobucket
Message 90 of 145 (187 Views)
0 Likes